Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undocumented Changes in 7.3.5 See Vastly Increased Health Pools in Old Raids - World of Warcraft - M

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageUndocumented Changes in 7.3.5 See Vastly Increased Health Pools in Old Raids - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - For those of you who have enjoyed running old raids for World of Warcraft transmog items, your time investment will be increasing greatly as all health pools have increased by about 300% in patch 7.3.5. While raids from Vanilla through Cataclysm are still easily soloed, Pandaria and Warlords raid content on some difficulty levels is not. The increased health pools have made fight mechanics kick in that most times render soloing impossible.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

gervaise1

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2018
    <3 the new Saurfang model and how .... ORC he is. Rather than the broken hearted old man he was in ICC, he's reborn as the formidable warrior that he always was.

For you vanilla fans, Saurfang definitely has a PTSD moment: "Nothing good EVER comes out of Silithus..." he growls.

As the former leader of the united forces there, no surprise, huh?
    Avarix[Deleted User]NephethMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Again, Blizzard gives Zappiboy no face time. I see how it is Blizz
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Blizzard trying to Frankenstein-patch gameplay longevity for players?
  • DrewwhoDrewwho Member CommonPosts: 17
    "There's a reason why we call it OLD CONTENT, because we already did it and there is no point to keep it ''viable for challenge''. Old content, dungeons and raids are there for only one reason and its all about COLLECTIONS, nothing else.

Dunno who this guy is but Blizzard listening to this kind of gamer is what killed WoW for me . Its made me decide to try one of my low level alts and give it a try to see if the OLD CONTENT really now has a vaiable challenge . I have my doubts that it does because the scaled content in Legion I found didn't really offer much of a challenge . Still worth a try .

Maybe the pristine servers they talked about would be a good idea so people who just want a rush to the endgame can be happy and those that want a more challenging gamer overall could get the type of gameplay they want too .

Its been long argued by Blizzard fans that Blizzard shouldn't have different types of servers that offer different levels of difficulty but it was also argued by many of those fans that Blizzard should never and would never offer us classic servers .
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited January 2018
    i dont understand .....why? old raids are old :/
    JeleenaZenJellyMrMelGibson
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Thought I would sub and see what the new patch was like. So far did a few lower level dungeons, tanks are wiping and healers are struggling to keep the group healed. It reminds me of vanilla wow when tanks had to be good tanks and pull carefully and healers had to manage their mana. I saw groups wiping because the tank ploughed in thinking it was like before and healers not having mana drinks because they never had to use them before. TBH I really enjoyed it, even trash mobs took time to take down. I don't think it will stay like this as people are getting pissed off already and Blizzard will probably cave in to the masses.
    [Deleted User]pantaroSBFordSeelinnikoiZenJellyk61977NephethinfomatzMrMelGibson
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Because old Raids aren't going to be run again, no matter how much Blizz makes it a challenge. People who ran them were people like me who hadn't run them the first couple of times and wanted to see the story/content or collect the gear. Otherwise they serve no current purpose.
    SBFordJeleenaMrMelGibson
    edited January 2018
    I think scaling dungeons are great. However, the 300% increase in raid bosses is...weird and seems either to be a bug to a general increase in health pools game-wide or it will realign itself after the stat squish with BfA as it did in Warlords. I hope they decrease it in Pandaria and Warlords raids as soloing for transmog is...or was...always my "time filler" when I am bored with current content.

Another semi irritating thing: With Ulduar's difficulties merged into a single one for timewalking, it appears that items that used to be dropped in 25-man are now only obtainable either in timewalking only or by using tokens dropped from bosses at the Dalaran vendors. Using the token (R-click) will only create a 10-man version item. If you're looking for transmog from the old 25-man, spend the tokens in Dala!
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited January 2018
    So they killed Transmog solo running from MOP on ? Am i understanding this correctly? If so why??? Blizzard always does this kind of crap, I feel like when it comes to WOW its how they want you to play the game not how you want to play the game.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    When you are grasping at straws, even rehashing old content seems like a good idea.

Glad I quit the WoW hype a few months ago and I am not planning to get back.

Been there since Nov 2004 and I am done with it.

Heirlooms being nerfed, mobs having 3x more health... ugh the boredom of doing the same thing over and over is mind boggling.
    ZenJellyjosko9
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    But scaling is a good thing.........
    thunderC said:
    So they killed Transmog solo running from MOP on ? Am i understanding this correctly? If so why??? Blizzard always does this kind of crap, I feel like when it comes to WOW its how they want you to play the game not how you want to play the game.
    Not completely, but there are some bosses that you simply cannot solo now like Sha of Fear, I believe. That, in effect, cuts you off from any transmog options later on unless you form a raid group.

I mean, I get it: They have been saying for the past year or so that they want people to group up. In leveling zones, it's fantastic and something that was needed. In raids when as @Seelinnikoi said, you're looking for something to do outside of current content, it's either pet battles, mount hunting or transmog collection. 

Zone and dungeon scaling, particularly for leveling, is great. Raid increase in health pools is silly and unnecessary. That it came without any explanation from Blizzard (SURPRISE....not...), makes it all the more insulting.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The old raid health buff is a non-issue. I did an ICC run today and was still 1 shotting bosses. I expected it would be a noticeable change, but it wasn't.
    Ashikuro said:
    The old raid health buff is a non-issue. I did an ICC run today and was still 1 shotting bosses. I expected it would be a noticeable change, but it wasn't.
    It's only a big deal in MoP and WoD. Other raids it's just annoying.
    MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    SBFord said:
    thunderC said:
    Not completely, but there are some bosses that you simply cannot solo now like Sha of Fear, I believe. That, in effect, cuts you off from any transmog options later on unless you form a raid group.

I mean, I get it: They have been saying for the past year or so that they want people to group up. In leveling zones, it's fantastic and something that was needed. In raids when as @Seelinnikoi said, you're looking for something to do outside of current content, it's either pet battles, mount hunting or transmog collection. 

Zone and dungeon scaling, particularly for leveling, is great. Raid increase in health pools is silly and unnecessary. That it came without any explanation from Blizzard (SURPRISE....not...), makes it all the more insulting.
    I see nothing wrong with this.  They should scale the players down to the raid level, as well, so that they are like Timewalking Dungeons.  This would be the optimal solution.  So what if you want transoms.  They're raids, not solo named in some field leveling zone.

It's hilarious.  Your post is all over the place.

I think the big issue is the constant gear resets.  It has rendered all content outside of the current expansion completely worthless for most purposes.  In EQ people weren't doing AHR or Emp (Luclin Bosses) in PoP for transmogs.  They were still doing it for gear they wanted to use, or Ancient Spells dropped from those bosses.

The progression was much better in that game.
    onelesslight
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Darksworm said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

So they killed Transmog solo running from MOP on ? Am i understanding this correctly? If so why???

Blizzard always does this kind of crap, I feel like when it comes to WOW its how they want you to play the game not how you want to play the game.

I see nothing wrong with this.  They should scale the players down to the raid level, as well, so that they are like Timewalking Dungeons.  This would be the optimal solution.  So what if you want transoms.  They're raids, not solo named in some field leveling zone.

It's hilarious.  Your post is all over the place.

I think the big issue is the constant gear resets.  It has rendered all content outside of the current expansion completely worthless for most purposes.  In EQ people weren't doing AHR or Emp (Luclin Bosses) in PoP for transmogs.  They were still doing it for gear they wanted to use, or Ancient Spells dropped from those bosses.

The progression was much better in that game.

we have been soloing old raids since Woltk , i dont remember soloing BWL on TBC , (low manning yeah)

i dont see the point in buffing old raid HP, if u are able to solo it , u still can it takes what? 1 min more meh , this content is past it times (outside timewalking) , they are now just transmog content. and u only 1 chance every week
    MrMelGibson
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    lets remember they are making a classic version of the game and do not be surprised if this is some sort of test bed for it....
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    sub max dungeons are a chore now

we already repeat them a massive amount, the reward was to quickly run them effortlessly on alts and later when they are irrelevant

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Torval said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

So they killed Transmog solo running from MOP on ? Am i understanding this correctly? If so why???

Blizzard always does this kind of crap, I feel like when it comes to WOW its how they want you to play the game not how you want to play the game.

Do mechanics require a full raid or could 3 to 5 people get together and do a run?

This ^ I would like to know for my small older folks guild

Hrica said:

Torval said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

Do mechanics require a full raid or could 3 to 5 people get together and do a run?

^ This I would like to know for my small older folks (40+) guild. Because of work and kids and other commitments, there is only a hand full of us so this would be very beneficial. (Area 52 Thunder Kiss H)

edited January 2018

Hrica said:

Hrica said:

Torval said:

SBFord said:

thunderC said:

^ This I would like to know for my small older folks (40+) guild. Because of work and kids and other commitments, there is only a hand full of us so this would be very beneficial. (Area 52- Thunder Kiss- H)

derp...how the heck do I delete a quote, been so long since i been on here
    edited January 2018

derpdelete plz
    [Deleted User]
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited January 2018

Horusra said:

It is when you know what you're doing. This half-arsed scaling in WoW is not worth the news.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    josko9 said:

Horusra said:

It is when you know what you're doing. This half-arsed scaling in WoW is not worth the news.

To me the scaling in ESO is crap also....ruined that game for me.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    edited January 2018
    I don't like scaling. Scaling inhibits the feeling of progression. If at level 1 it takes me 5 minutes to fight a frog, at lvl 10 it still takes me 5 minutes to fight a frog and a dragon, at lvl 50 it takes me 5 minutes to fight the frog and the dragon, then there is no progression. You're just a hamster on a wheel. I had a blast when I hit WotLK and going back and hitting old dungeons like AQ or SC that I hadn't been in. I was on a different continent for some of those levels. But I don't want to group for that. And finding a group to do that is a PITA.
    SBFordGrendMrMelGibson