Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice 2017 - The Best Overall MMO - MMORPG.com

123457»

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    PPL honestly can't tell the difference between Trove, ESO, and Secret World.... Warframe. The differences are pretty stark. You may not like the choices, but to say they're all the same is silly.
    JamesGoblinYashaX

I self identify as a monkey.

• WikkydWikkyd Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Just curious why Albion Online isn't an option on the list?
    JamesGoblinYashaX
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    edited January 2018
    This is like making a mass transit vehicle list and including trains, planes, and ships capable of hundreds of passengers and putting a four passenger car like a Honda Civic on it.

Might as well have included online circle pong.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Where are the results?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    While ignoring the whole Destiny 2 isn't an MMO at all, there is also the controversy surrounding Destiny 2 and Bungles monetisation fiascos the xp throttling, lack of content, lack of a real game even being there, which has resulted in over 70% of the playerbase not even continuing past the first month.
    There was a time i would have voted for Eve Online, and imo it is still a really good game, but for me BDO has become the main game and likely to continue to be given the lack of competition it faces.
    I am kind of surprised to see Destiny 2 even in the list though, Bungle/Activision are about as rubbish a developer these days as Bioware/EA. :p
    ConstantineMerusYashaXJamesGoblin
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Yo staff you're two days late, what's going on? It's not like we don't know already who won.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am not getting involved with a shallow reason for picking a best of.
    If people want to dissect each category and try and explain why it is the best out there,then i am ok with that.
    However this simple structure of a vote is no better than the lame threads,LOT'S of them that simply say WOW is the best ,or Wow is the best because it got a new patch etc etc.
    Obviously this type of rating is nothing more than a popularity vote,nobody needs to see a different thread to tel us what is already popular,we KNOW what is popular.

There are also TWO categories of popularity,one to "view" and one to "play".

I am pretty sure Wow is most popular to play and i know LOL is most popular to watch.

I don't even see what a player's choice award accomplishes?A place to pound one's chest?

josko9

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    While ignoring the whole Destiny 2 isn't an MMO at all, there is also the controversy surrounding Destiny 2 and Bungles monetisation fiascos the xp throttling, lack of content, lack of a real game even being there, which has resulted in over 70% of the playerbase not even continuing past the first month.
    There was a time i would have voted for Eve Online, and imo it is still a really good game, but for me BDO has become the main game and likely to continue to be given the lack of competition it faces.
    I am kind of surprised to see Destiny 2 even in the list though, Bungle/Activision are about as rubbish a developer these days as Bioware/EA. :p
    The fact that you can, with a "straight face", take shots at Bungie concerning mechanics and monetization, and then sing the praises of BDO just shows the world of cognitive dissonance gamers live in now. Platitudes mister, that's all you have.

What is it about BDO's monetization model that makes you say that?
  • nicolino15nicolino15 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Came back to Wildstar this year, and I'm having a blast. Voted FFXIV tho.

STFU n00b !

• DelphosDelphos Member UncommonPosts: 46
    FFXIV was very very easy choice to me, this has been by far the best mmorpg on the Market for the last few years.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Jan 25th, still can't see a result?
  • chiefarchonchiefarchon Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Games still don't unstand how to be different and creative yet. ah well...
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scot said:
    Jan 25th, still can't see a result?
    Yeah what's the hold-up?

@BillMurphy @MikeB @Admin
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Yea..came by to see who won.  No results ever posted?  @BillMurphy
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Coming shortly! Ben is on vacation, and he’s got to scrub the results. So it’ll be next week. 
    [Deleted User]NomadMorlock

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Coming shortly! Ben is on vacation, and he’s got to scrub the results. So it’ll be next week. 

The poor bastard, but someone's gotta do it.
    JamesGoblin
    Good to see how the real MMOs outvoted the pretenders, maybe co-op games should get their own list next year? Comparing like with like would not put them at such a disadvantage.