Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rend - PAX South Hands On Preview - Garrett Fuller - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageRend - PAX South Hands On Preview - Garrett Fuller - MMORPG.com

At PAX South we got the chance to sit down with REND and go through some of their latest updates. For those who may not know, REND captures the essence of a survival game with strong PvP concepts and crafting. The fantasy world is built on a rich system of archery which creates the shooter environment. The team has been hard at work and pushing to build out new areas along with polishing character skills and gameplay.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Another survival game. :|
    AeanderWraithoneSamhaelOzmodan
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Seriously,another survival game,like not one of them have ever given a player a complete experience,instead,gather sticks and stones,build your fort ,house whatever,pvp logout.
    I could possibly get into an archery only type game if done right,meaning NEVER looking spammy,more in line with say the original Darkfall type of aimed archery.

The problem as ALWAYS is that if a pvp ever gets at all popular,you can bet 100% cheating to follow and why i have completely given up on pvp gaming.There is no worse feeling than investing a bunch of time and money into a game only to have it ruined by cheating.This is also why i much rather have auto combat with stats and rng determining combat,it 99.9% removes cheating.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• roamingVoltroamingVolt Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Once again history repeat itself, first it was moba clones, now it is survival and battle royal clones with some very small differences which sold as completely different game. What a joke..
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Once again history repeat itself, first it was moba clones, now it is survival and battle royal clones with some very small differences which sold as completely different game. What a joke..
    At least mobas are typically complete, well optimized games with different characters. Some of them, like Dawngate and Heroes of the Storm even innovated on the formula. 

That's a lot more than can be said for survival games for damn sure.
  • NotApacheNotApache Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2018
    I'm stopping by here to advocate for Rend, if I may (After the string of negative comments).. hear me out. I've put thousands of hours into Rust, Ark & Conan Exiles, so it's safe to say I have a bit of depth in the world of survival games. I'm a player of the former pre-alpha for Rend, and even though the game isn't nearly "complete" yet, it's already hands down a better game than the ones I previously mentioned. Take a look at the development team for Rend. These dudes have decades of experience in the industry and they know what they're doing. Even in the pre-alpha version of the game it was already one of most optimized games I've ever played anywhere, and when you look at the track record for recent UE4 games, that's really saying something.

Calling this game a "survival" game is not at all doing it justice. It's got some survival elements, sure, but don't try to compare it directly to the others. I'll stop fanboying here because I'm sure people will just roll their eyes and form their own opinions, but give the game a try before passing judgement. You won't be sorry that you did.
    DrDreamGreatnessValdheim