Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4.2 Preview - PvP Updates, Glamour Changes & Beast Tribe Quests - Final Fantasy XIV Columns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

image4.2 Preview - PvP Updates, Glamour Changes & Beast Tribe Quests - Final Fantasy XIV Columns

Square Enix has released more information about FFXIV patch 4.2, Rise of a New Sun, which is due out later in the month. They’re showing off the new glamour system, a new PVP arena and the Ananta beast tribe quests that’ll debut when it arrives. No word on a release date yet, but if you want a peek at what’s coming up, here’s what’s on the horizon.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Verum0Verum0 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Housing
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Glamour system update is nice, still not what's being asked for though and still not very good.

Other than that, more of the same shit with different skins.

This is why I stopped playing this game, it's the same content every few months with a fresh coat of paint.
    shugimi
  • zofiazoeyzofiazoey Member CommonPosts: 1
    Final Fantasy was initially an amusement made to spare Square Delicate, a youngster game developer. That is the reason it's called "Final Fantasy" and not "One of Numerous Fantasies", which would be a more precise title for the establishment. To state Final Fantasy was a win would be as large a modest representation of the truth as saying that the American economy is shaking. Do My Dissertation UK
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    There's some nice changes in there. I'm only playing one game right now so this looks like a good candidate for an occasional second.

I find it amusing that back in 2013 I shunned AAA MMOs in favor of the indie world and after getting disillutioned with virtually ALL indie developers and their tricks, I find myself in 2018 back playing a AAA MMO (ESO). Never saw that coming.
    valoiz

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Verum0 said:
    Housing
    6 more plots but...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    This sounds good. Must go back to this game soon.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    There is a subculture in this game that is interesting...
    I went back to this game after going through many MMOs and got hooked on the idea of Stormblood' story.

I find the greatest strength to this game is its storytelling and split among gametypes. There is even a huge subculture that has to be found on some players who play differently depending on the data center they are in. By Different I mean more cultural styles of enjoying a video game. The P2P model makes it so you don't have to deal with conversations like "P2W player vs Free-Player" nor become a person who is a victim of the internal economy as it is an infinitum-economic model and not a capitalist-model.

The main weakness is the community and the tricks they play on each other. Through the NN and the endgame demands some overzealots expect. All the Day 1 Patch-Day fully gearing and hype. This game also has a predictable patch cycle and expectation that exists that can get boring. Lets not forget that at the end of usually the first 2 months of a new long-term patch, the community starts to dwindle down.

Basically its like WoW in the sense that players log in and spend the first week completely gearing and the next four weeks getting ready for the next patch, just to come back a few months later before a big patch, Rinse and Repeat...

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Apologies for Double Posting

Patch is Live and in just 24 hours....I've dealt with one Emergency Maintenance, which cleared things up.

So First Day of the Patch... I've managed to do the following:

~Get through the 4.2 Main Story Quests (I won't spoil it)
    ~Beat Normal Mode of SigmaScape.
    ~Gear up a bit

Seriously...
    The battles are fun in SigmaScape, but are extremely mechanic-driven. I went in as a Paladin with the minimum overall iLvL (325) and an iLvL310 weapon under four separate PUG Parties, and managed to clear the four areas. I don't want to hear from any tank that normal mode SigmaScape is "Hard." Also, beating normal mode DeltaScape is required towards entering SigmaScape.

The two new dungeons hand out iLvL 325 gear and the Monsters are more HP-Sinks than anything else. Has a story to them and I enjoyed going through them. Both Dungeons exist for players to catch up if they reach the endgame and have no tomes and want to gear up to the minimum level for Signmascape.

The new Primal Battle is Mechanic-Driven and is not difficult. The Exterme Version of it does not feel like an Extreme Version. Its the same boss + 1 - 2 more attacks and a lot more health. However, its justified considering weapons from there are stepping stones.

Although I am ready to try SigmaScape Savage....
    I found it amazing that Ultimate Clear parties managed to Clear Savage by 10PM.

That's right!
    Day 1 Clear of the supposed "Endgame Raid" we have to deal with for 3 months!
    At least this time the raids are fun and not boring compared to DeltaScape.

On the other side of the fence...

Level 70 (3 Star) Recipes are out!!!
    Enjoy having to spend 1200 Red Scrips for each book!

Have even more fun Pentamelding your gear to craft the iLvL350 gear. Behind all the whiners and complainers, I can finally say that Endgame Crafting is where it should have been from day 1. But all it takes is a new piece of equipment or the community at-large to find their ways to write their guides to make this a lot easier.

It should also be noted that most servers have learned the Week 1 Crafting Pattern and as always, FCs will rip off the crafters in their guild to avoid paying the huge marketboard prices for the iLvL 350 crafted gear that is actually good. Same old, Same old...but at least there is a little bit for everyone..

New Glam System is in place as well....
    and what can we say about Tanks?

Finally! Warrior got a Boost. Dark Knight is doing slightly better. PLD was not nerfed to the ground!It only lost 5% damage in one skill and 33% damage in another skill meant for enmity, not direct damage. Its all good because the one thing PLD has that is truly amazing for these raids are Divine Veil + Clemency

Enjoy the Expansion Pack!
    Its actually pretty decent. :P
    Though I am like a fire....
    I keep burning everything in my path and its so easy to run out of things to burn...

Which is why many people Sub in the first month of a patch,
    Break for the 2nd Month...
    Return prior to the new patch in hope of making it to week-one mass-public Marketboard Ripoff of a new patch! But what else is new?

• valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited January 2018
    Amazing update! FFXIV stick with what make it a solid game: casual friendly group content and appealing story
    pantaro
    I didn't realize how many ex-LOTRO players are playing FFXIV.

That explains why the community is so much better than most MMORPGs.
    pantaro

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

FFXI has one of the best communities ever and most FFXIV players are from FFXI. If you don't believe me go ask in the FFXIV forum the majority are ex FFXI players. Then you have some wow(barren chat) players hence there is also some toxic community in FFXIV.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I just dont know how you guys can stand this rails only game?...I ticked me off when I first landed in the world and every direction I tried to go I'd get a message saying that I can't go that way because my quest wasnt that direction.
    I just dont know how you guys can stand this rails only game?...I ticked me off when I first landed in the world and every direction I tried to go I'd get a message saying that I can't go that way because my quest wasnt that direction.
    The cool thing about people is they can have diverse opinions about what entertains them.

DeadSpock said:

FFXI has one of the best communities ever and most FFXIV players are from FFXI. If you don't believe me go ask in the FFXIV forum the majority are ex FFXI players. Then you have some wow(barren chat) players hence there is also some toxic community in FFXIV.
    I played FFXI and I totally agree. That was one awesome community.

As an interesting side note: Many FFXI players went to LOTRO. There seems to be this hive of players one should follow from game to game if one is looking for a great community. Right now they're in FFXIV.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    I agree the community in FFXIV is pretty good at least when I was playing it.