Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7.3.5 Arrives Tomorrow with ZoneScaling, Silithus Quests & More But No Allied Races - World of Warcr

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

image7.3.5 Arrives Tomorrow with ZoneScaling, Silithus Quests & More But No Allied Races - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - For those who have been looking forward to the next chapter in World of Warcraft: Legion, we have good news: Patch 7.3.5 arrives tomorrow complete with Ulduar Timewalking, new quests in Silithus, the new zone scaling feature, the Seething Short battleground (available after a short time) and several updated features. The Lunar Festival will have new hats and a "sturdier" Sturdy Love Fool will be part of the coming weeks.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Accompanied by an 8 hour maintenance. I guess it works out for the kiddies since it'll be from 7am to 3pm pst, so the kids can get out of school and enjoy slower leveling.
    MrMelGibsonMMObroMensur
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    No worries, still working on my 107 DH and working towards Allied Race factions. Looking forward to Zone Scaling as I like WoW mostly cause of story and lore.
    [Deleted User]onelesslightSBFordBillMurphyValdheimMrMelGibsonjimmywolfgamer2025
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    That's a bit of a bummer, but my guess it wont be to long now that we get our pre-order chance and from there get the first 4 allied races. Plus the new leveling is what I was pumped for and now I will just wait a bit longer till I can get it done on a new race.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited January 2018
    Why would the allied races come in a content patch like this?  Whole point of it is to get you to buy the expansion.

Talk about being blatantly clueless with your expectations.
    CelciusG4NK3Djimmywolf
    edited January 2018

Darksworm said:

Why would the allied races come in a content patch like this?  Whole point of it is to get you to buy the expansion.

Well, you do need to buy (pre-order) the expansion in order to gain access to them, so it wouldn't have matter if it was now or later...?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Darksworm said:

Hardly, as you so snarkily said, "blatantly clueless". The allied races starting scenarios, character models, character creation options and capital city embassies have been on PTR in the 7.3.5 content from the time it landed on PTR. Some thought they will come to 7.3.5, but much later, perhaps at the time that the new battleground and Silithus quests open. By then, preorders should be open and we should be within 3-6 months of the pre-event.
    Shodanas[Deleted User]BillMurphyValdheimMrMelGibsonAlpiusgamer2025

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    One thing they could do is add the races for leveling now .. but if you do not buy the expansion they get turned off. As gaining the allied races still requires you to level it after you unlock it.
    BillMurphy
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

Albatroes said:

Accompanied by an 8 hour maintenance. I guess it works out for the kiddies since it'll be from 7am to 3pm pst, so the kids can get out of school and enjoy slower leveling.

And the adults will be at work ;P
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited January 2018

One thing they could do is add the races for leveling now .. but if you do not buy the expansion they get turned off. As gaining the allied races still requires you to level it after you unlock it.

It is more likely that they will tie them to pre-ordering the expansion when they become available, similar to Demon Hunters.
    MrMelGibson
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    As I understand it, the new races are supposed to be unlocked as you complete a certain quest chain in BFA.  That you can't start playing said race until reach a certain milestone in BFA.  More  allied races are also supposed to be added to throughout the expansion... with each new one tied to completing some rep or whatever in BFA to unlock.

In other words, it's not like a new race as with other expansions, that you can roll on day one when the expansion hits.  You literally will have to do some of the expansion first, to unlock the ability to play them.  That is why they offer a perk for those who choose to level them from 20 to 120 (I believe they start out at level 20, could be wrong on the starting level... heard you could opt for a level 110 version if you didn't want to level it (probably through a boost though).

It really was meant for the alt-o-holics and moggers, not intended to be a new race really.
    MrMelGibson
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    game seems packed tonight.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited January 2018
    Me too I love questing and it always bothered me to outlevel the quests.

Also found an EU guild that is going to level together check it out.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617103696#1
    MrMelGibsonMMObrosomeforumguy
    Chamber of Chains
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited January 2018
    This update imo is the best one in years.

Depending on how well the zone scaling turns out I may not even need Classic.
    MrMelGibson
    I was thinking the same thing the complaints I have with WoW has nothing to do with classic. I doubt it can be solved  by classic either especially after I recently tried the private server. There are many changes later expansions brought that have made the game more enjoyable to me and others that destroyed it. I would rather have some of the changes too so I have to see how this works out.
    Chamber of Chains
    DMKano said:
    Can someone please explain how zone scaling works in WoW? Is it like ESO, GW2.. or something else entirely
    It pretty much make outleveling certain "content" zones uniform. So vanilla stuff will scale up to 60 before you outlevel it, BC and WotLK scale from 60-80 (also you can start questing in WotLK at 60 with the change as well, and Cata/Pandaland will be 80-90. WoD and Legion remain as they were. Its not going to be like ESO where everything is max level when you're max level. Those respective zones will cap out at whatever level bracket they are in. So if you go to BC as 110, you'll be 110 but the mobs there will cap at 80, if that makes sense.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited January 2018
    I for one hate zone scaling.  Removes most of the feeling of progression.  I generally go to lvls a bit above me and zone scaling takes that away and makes everything easymode, especially if you are grouping with a buddy...  completely lame even more of a solo game now.

[Deleted User]Soulsemmer
    edited January 2018
    I thought you would go to an area which let's say is between 1-60 and if you are levelling normally and not using overpowered gear the stuff should prove to be a challenge meaning if you pull too many you die. Or am I understanding this level scaling wrong.

I don't want to breeze through the content I want it to be a challenge so even if I am doing a lower level quest and killing lower level quest mobs they remain a challenge. Also if you are following questlines then the level scaling should help keep the content challenging. I really hope that is how this works.

I have already renewed my sub I guess I will find out soon enough.
    laseritMMObro
    Chamber of Chains
    edited January 2018
    Some quotes from forums

''Just so you know, the 7.3.5 patch on the PTR has seen the heirlooms gain a severe stat based nerf, now they are not that powerful at all and infact are not that much better than green quest gear and their only perk is the XP bonus they give to those that wear the armor.

The only difference between leveling with heirlooms and without on the PTR right now is that you level up 45% faster (50% if you have the Heirloom ring), so the whole request for them getting nerfed is pretty redundant.

The 7.3.5 already has them nerfed pretty heavily, to the point of there being no reason to use the heirlooms weapons since they provide no XP bonus at all and at level 1, i didn't notice ANY damage difference between using an heirloom and using the weapon provided when you created the character, unlike on LIVE right now, where you see a massive difference."

"When patch 7.3.5 lands dungeon mobs will have more health, every mob will be either your level or higher, looms are less powerful.

I tested this on PTR taking a level 80 Twink to Hellfire Ramparts Normal, trust me one shoting mobs wont happen. Oddly enough the Heroic version stays the same as live. 

On the other side, speed running dungeons can be a lot of fun, even in a pug group."

"I completely disagree. Mobs having more HP makes the combat pacing far more enjoyable to me. A battle now lasts from 8 to 12 seconds, something we also had in classic. 

Why is it important? Because pulling additional mobs, by accident or not, adds danger. It does, since you can't down enemies fast enough so they have actually time to hurt you. 

I tried it by overpulling and it really worked. Well for most specs at least, since aoe for some specs on the PTR is still very powerful. 

In remember vanilla WoW: Elwynn Forest. I engaged the wolves north of the logging camp. My paladin had to have the seals up to be able to judge enemies, most of my attacks were autoattacks on level 8. One wolf lost health about as fast as I, I survived the battle and healed myself just in the right time to be ready for a freaking bear to attack me. I used a healthpotion in order to survive, those pebbles I got from an earlier quest to debuff the enemy and my mana was quite low, so I had to sit down to get myself healthy again... when the next mob attacked me, a Murlock. 

I was just careless and didn't look out for enemy paths. 

The next time I went there I just grouped with another player who also struggled and so we killed mobs as a team and it felt so rewarding. Those damn Murlock fins dropped so rarely, so we really saw a lot of the area and surrounding pieces of landscape. 

All this was possible because mobs, yes single mobs, were a threat. You had mostly no problems against one, but as soon as another or a third came along you had a problem. 

It may be annoying when you just care for endgame and have made up your mind on the stuff before, but believe me: vanilla created an engaging journey and some changes of 7.3.5 reminded me of that again. What we have now before 7.3.5 is an engaging endgame mostly. That's it."

Something I read on the forums now that sounds like a classic experience. Now if only the brought back the trees I will be in 7th heaven.

MMObro
    Chamber of Chains
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2018
    If AoE specs are unusually powerful within the level scaling content, we can expect to see a lot more AoE leveling builds.  Path of least resistance.

I'm interested in this patch, though I'm not a fan of level scaling.  Scaling upwards, great, but downwards seems more detrimental than beneficial.
    MrMelGibson

They might tone down the AOE
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    They might tone down the AOE
    I think that or upping the attack power of mobs as to make efficient AoE farming something that small group would do, instead of just a Mage or something.  I remember putting together AoE groups in DAoC, it was a precarious but highly rewarding strategy.

edited January 2018
    Aaaaannnndddddd because I skimmed the article and, consequently, misread it, I logged in to try out the scaling just now and realized..  I'm a day early.  :s
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonSBFordMMObrosomeforumguy

I just nabbed my name is all.
    MrMelGibsonMMObro
    Chamber of Chains
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    New patch, zone Scaling ,Xpac on the way?!

SUBBED
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibsonMMObro
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• BarrnBarrn Member UncommonPosts: 5
    The part I hated about legion the most.. I could never quickly AOE mobs with my mage... Now, if I go to Goldshire at level 100-and whatever.... the fucking wolves are going to give me a run for my money..? LAME!