Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$20/month Subscription Charge ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
Is this correct ?

Comments

• CH3W0N1TCH3W0N1T Member CommonPosts: 1
    The subscription charge is set to auto renew and will activate if you make ANY in game purchase where you provide payment details.

This sites banner for the game states 'Subscription: N/A' WRONG!!!
    The game will automatically activate a rolling monthly subscription as soon as it gets a chance - This is regardless of the trading laws were you live. For instance here in the UK any product sold that has a subscription that can/or will be auto activated has to advertise this fact prior to the original sale. There is nothing about it, and no way for parents to block the subscription being activated by a minor. Bitbox could be leaving themselves wide open for prosecution by the government sponsored authorities on this point here in the UK, IMO.

In short, YES there is a monthly subscription; And you do need to check to make sure it is not automatically activated.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I do not know if it is true or not, I do believe that CIG's Star Citizen may also be coming out with a monthly sub anywhere from $ 9-30 dollars if the game ever launches.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    It is F2P on Steam, with an option for sub. Probably to create some easy (F2P) targets to gank. You might want to read some reviews on Steam. Apparently the game is in a very bad and buggy state.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Elsabolts said:
    I do not know if it is true or not, I do believe that CIG's Star Citizen may also be coming out with a monthly sub anywhere from $ 9-30 dollars if the game ever launches.
    Not that this is relevant to this thread but there is not supposes to be an sub for SC.  There's is currently a sub you can have but that's for 10 for the.. and should stop once the game is live.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    LiF does charge a sub yes, but a microtransaction, the game is B2P.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited March 2018
    The sub is super optional. The benefits it offers are fairly minor so I'm personally not a big fan. 20$ for a few minor perks strikes me much the same way that 100$ for some of the cosmetic outfits does. I'll never buy it it's existence in-game doesn't really bother me.

The best thing in their shop is 10$ tickets to Abella. Additional characters are highly beneficial and that's a very reasonable price for a buy once and play forever alt.
    Post edited by Eldurian on