Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol this forum still exists

13»

Comments

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    funny this is still here
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    funny this is still here
    Its still funny in February, 2019.  :)

MadFrenchie

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Arclan said:
    Finally,  "Let’s be clear too.. Landmark was Dave’s obsession, and there simply was no way to convince him otherwise about it being a game. I believe this ultimately killed EQN."
    I think you are confusing Dave with being an important factor in anything.My take on his part in the business was more of a face to recognize the game with,more of a glorified community manager.

Then again who really knows,was Smedley a lazy guy sitting at home and letting others run the show,was Smedley making all the decisions,was there someone else?

I just mentioned in another  post how it really feels like the same operation at DBG even though both Dave and Smedley are not there.So my gut feeling says there must have been a secondhand man who making a lot of the decisions either on behalf of smedley or on his own.

Will they bring this back?Well to me it sure seems like i feel i know exactly their intent>>cash flow by any means possible.So i feel DBG would try and sell us a big con job and not care one bit if it was crap.I am sure they see some decent dollars if they simply grabbed the old assets from Landmark ,tossed a world together and call it EQ3.

I was VERY surprised during one of their shows how they tossed together a very quick town in less than a day.They have the EQ2 code/systems,they have freely made assets and any they made.All they need to do is take all old assets and re-skin them,maybe add in 1-2 new ideas and they have a game.You don't think it's that easy?Take a look at Snail games,they whipped out 3 games in less than a year all using the same code just re-skinned assets.
    At one time i was a naive youngster,buy anything that looks cool ,i could be fooled but now i could spend 1 minute in a game and get red flags all over.it is simply called old age,you learn a lot over time,doesn't take a rocket scientist,you just see things a lot easier.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.