Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - The Return! We're back!

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - The Return! We're back!

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited January 2018
    Nice job Bill, glad to see that feature back .. and /sarcasmoff.. glad to see it was entirley about actual MMOs
    [Deleted User]ScotIselinitchmon
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Missed this feature, glad to see it back..Bill we need a Gamespace video now detailing recent RPG and such releases
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]EvilgentlemanSBFordrojoArcueidOctagon7711
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Nice to see this return Bill

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Time to put the u back in pug
    SirSlaske
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I hope there's many more to come :smile:
    [Deleted User]BillMurphymyxeEvilgentlemanspeedylegs8SteelhelmYashaX

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    OMG MMOFTW is back, good to hear your voice again, maybe this will bring you back to the old you =P
    Mitara
  • Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Aye so glad this is back, nice work Bill!: )
    Mitara
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited January 2018
    I don't understand why it stopped, it can hardly be cost; every man, woman, their baby and their dog seems to be doing reviews now. :)

What's up with "Columbus" anyway? Lets say it all together Columbus, pretty easy really.

Are we counting AIR as AAA? I really don't know anything about it.

CoE, does anyone see a court case coming when you use someone else's proprietary software then come up with your "own" version?

LeiloniChawkYashaXKootur
  • BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    So happy to hear you again, this was a great come-back video.
    [Deleted User]YashaX
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Really missed these weekly videos.
    Octagon7711
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I actually forgot this had disappeared.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Glad to see it back!
    [Deleted User]

You stay sassy!

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Agreed. Glad to see you bringing this back Bill. Only thing missing was the old opening credits intro!
    --------------------------------------------
  • MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Awesome Bill to see this back I love this feature!
    [Deleted User]
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Good to see this back. Now:

Pantheon - Early in the development. Watching the progress with optimism.

Amazon game - A big name and big pockets associated with the company. Also with Amazon and a major factor, is the PR of any successful or otherwise performance of this game.
    I see this as a significant driver in producing a quality mmorpg. As quite simply the damage to the company of a poor product wouldn't just be limited to the mmo sphere.

Chronicles of Elyria - We'll see. Obviously early in the 'what can we do with this' stage, so it's just a keep an eye on it. May work, may not.

A:IR - Proceeding at a pace it seems, which can be good or otherwise. Always a balance between getting something out there v is it of a good enough quality to do this? I would much rather see a game take a slow and thorough development approach, but commercial pressures often overcome this. For me it's one not to rush into at launch, sit back for a while and listen to feedback.

Bless - Or should this be Bless A Realm Reborn? Two schools of thought here:
    1. A company has picked the game up to make a fast buck with just enough work to get it through the launch door, where it will remain in open beta for at least a year.
    or
    2. They are committed to elevating the game - and by inference themselves - by producing a good quality product which is commercially successful and popular with the mmo playerbase.
    Again, I view this as a 'just see what happens' game. If it does turn out to be the second approach then great. If not then I'll be disappointed of course as the genre needs successes, but won't lose any sleep over it.
    austinmaw
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Always enjoyed these, not sure why it left.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well Pantheon imo has the best CHANCE to become a good game based on what we read/see.
    "dungeons"i can't stand dungeons,it is a CHEAP form of content.I want open ended caves but only if they make sense,i don't want to spend 90% of my game inside of caves.This typical idea has been way overdone to simply make an instance dungeon and stick some boss in there to go loot.well NO THANKS to ever seeing that design again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited January 2018
    Dude.....I wondering when the hell this was coming back. Bless looks amazing, beginning to be my biggest one to look forward to.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Welcome back

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Hooray! I'm glad to have you back. I love video game news. (I don't play many games so don't ask me why I like game news. I haven't figured it out either. I blame Jim Sterling.)
    [Deleted User]
  • Icarus12Icarus12 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Glad these are back. I've always enjoyed these.
    [Deleted User]
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    One of the best features of this site is back , ,yaayyy!
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    If you find Columbus that offensive maybe leave the land he discovered and donate your equity to the native people or you know just stop with the for show “outrage”.
    ScotforcelimaBlacklabelcaliWylfKooturgiftkastareMadFrenchieAethaeryn
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123

mmrv said:

If you find Columbus that offensive maybe leave the land he discovered and donate your equity to the native people or you know just stop with the for show “outrage”.

I'll just leave that there.
    And they list their sources so feel free to look it up.
    [Deleted User]itchmonforcelimaBlacklabelcalirojoArcueidWylfSaltyDog79infomatzMitaraAethaerynand 1 other.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Awesome! I liked watching these, even though some stuff I wasn't interested in but kept us in the know. By the way, is it me or does Bill sound different..?
    Slapshot1188Octagon7711

imageimage