Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OH God ... Can one of these upcoming titles go into beta already?

PriddypwnyPriddypwny Member UncommonPosts: 32
edited January 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I'm dying!! so bored of the state of MMO's right now!! Ashes of creation...pantheon...crowfall...ANYTHING. so bored!!!
freakkyTokkendelete5230josko9

Comments

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Yea I hear ya. MMORPGs have had a rough stretch here. Sadly, I don't think we are going to be getting any of these new titles anytime soon.
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Give Elder Scrolls Online a chance.  It's changed a ton from its horrible launch.  Enjoying that game a ton right now
    EponyxDamorTokkenpostlarvaljosko9kertin
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    edited January 2018
    I'm sure that some aspiring developer will see this thread and say, you know what, let's push the game into beta early so that someone who made an all caps thread title can play it.  Because people who make all caps thread titles are the most profitable demographic to target.
    JamesGoblinJemAs666Scot
  • PriddypwnyPriddypwny Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Yeah I tried ESO a bit, im just not into their story and the way the game looks and plays. and even though we have a choice between first person and third...the first person being an option bothers me...idk why... lol

Viper482Tokken
    Quizzical said:
    I'm sure that some aspiring developer will see this thread and say, you know what, let's push the game into beta early so that someone who made an all caps thread title can play it.  Because people who make all caps thread titles are the most profitable demographic to target.
    Why so mean ;(
    Dauzqul
    And to be fair, I would be profitable because honestly im the one yearning for a game and willing to spend plenty of money to get into a good game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Camelot Unchained "should" go into beta "soon", supposed to be some upcoming announcements which may set a date.

Or not....

JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    There is more money to be made in "selling the dream",  than there is in selling a reality that has compromises (for design, tech capability, team capability, and similar).  
    NildenJamesGoblin

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

Kyleran said:
    Camelot Unchained "should" go into beta "soon", supposed to be some upcoming announcements which may set a date.

Or not....

Oh yes how did I not mention CU! DAoC was one of my all time faves growing up playing MMO's. Backed CU 2 years ago still hoping for something good!
    If there isn't a single computer game out that you like, then I'd suggest that you just don't like computer games.  Future games won't fix that for you.

If you've had quite a few games that you liked over the course of the last decade, but have merely played them enough that you're tired of them, then that's a different problem entirely.  If that's the case, then there are probably other games out that you'd like but just aren't aware of.  If you were to say what you liked, that might help.
    Viper482
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Quizzical said:
    If there isn't a single computer game out that you like, then I'd suggest that you just don't like computer games.  Future games won't fix that for you.

If you've had quite a few games that you liked over the course of the last decade, but have merely played them enough that you're tired of them, then that's a different problem entirely.  If that's the case, then there are probably other games out that you'd like but just aren't aware of.  If you were to say what you liked, that might help.
    I'm a huge fan of pizza, but no anchovies.  I like chocolate ice cream, muscle cars, and hate wasting time.  I don't have a favorite band, but have really been enjoying Highly Suspect lately.  Can you help me find the game that's right for me?? ;)
    Viper482

Quizzical said:

Welp, I just miss the fresh server or game feeling where everyone starts at 0. I have played just about EVERY AAA title and even lots of indie titles. Currently im just enjoying Blizzard games, rotating Heroes of the Storm and WoW, D3 and Overwatch.

Not much into shooters...just looking for a fresh game with a challenge like when wildstar was first released :)
    GrimderTF said:
    Quizzical said:

Welp, I just miss the fresh server or game feeling where everyone starts at 0. I have played just about EVERY AAA title and even lots of indie titles. Currently im just enjoying Blizzard games, rotating Heroes of the Storm and WoW, D3 and Overwatch.

Not much into shooters...just looking for a fresh game with a challenge like when wildstar was first released :)
    Have you looked into those games where they start a "new" server every few days or so to give people a fresh chance to try to race to the top?  This site has been advertising quite a few of them lately.  It's not the sort of game that I'd normally recommend, but it does fit what you're asking for.

If you're primarily looking for a new game that you will discard within days, then that could easily be a source of running out of games.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Most of the 'upcoming' games seemed to start development around 2015, maybe mid-2014.  A 'good' MMORPG game will probably take about 5 years of development time.  My guess is that most of these games will be in Beta in mid 2019, with a release in 2020.  Let's not rush these companies to releasing products that are 'not ready for prime time'.

Developers, please take your time and deliver good games.  Quality is never a bad thing.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2018
    They're indie games.  They'd better hope the funding keeps coming in or else "taking their time to deliver" won't be an option.  Such is the reality of the crowd funded MMORPG, alas.
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    GrimderTF said:
    And to be fair, I would be profitable because honestly im the one yearning for a game and willing to spend plenty of money to get into a good game.
    To be fair you are the type of player that has caused MMOs to be mostly shit.  Developers pushing shit out the door because they know there are people that will just throw money at them.
    Viper482[Deleted User]
  • RogueJDRogueJD Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited January 2018
    JemAs666 said:
    GrimderTF said:
    To be fair you are the type of player that has caused MMOs to be mostly shit.  Developers pushing shit out the door because they know there are people that will just throw money at them.
    To be fair, that's an awfully presumptuous statement.

I am somewhere in the middle.  Though I agree that business models that rely on "pre-orders"  for beta can be shit, I like the notion of having some sort of higher bar in order to weed out the ritalin-sniffers.  Pay to play, not pay to win; subscription, not free-to-play / micro transactions.

Open access usually brings with it a ton of toxicity.  I'm all for a paywall for a quality game.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Most of them are already selling alpha passes.  It used to be people get randomly choosen for alphas, now you can pay for it.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Crowfall, no.

Ashes Of Creation, I don't think so.

Chronicles of Elyria, no.

Pantheon, no.

Camelot Unchained, likely yes.

Star Citizen, no.

Dual Universe, no.

Project TL, maybe.

New World, unless some sudden surprise announcement this year, no.

Worlds Adrift, yes (if it isn't beta already).

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Blackboa said:
    Give Elder Scrolls Online a chance.  It's changed a ton from its horrible launch.  Enjoying that game a ton right now

No.... He's looking for a real mmo.
    Viper482[Deleted User]deniterMikeha
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Quizzical said:

Conplete bs
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Blackboa said:

that has never existed..
    Kylerandelete5230

• Zeppel80Zeppel80 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    OH God ... Can one of these upcoming titles go into beta already?

I agree with this sentiment, although I'm not bored with MMOs.

I am sick to death of the hype machine, though.  9/10 articles about MMOs these days are about titles that are in alpha, if they are even that far along in development.  Let us know when the game starts development, give backers updates, but leave the general public alone until open beta. Then I can see what your game actually is, versus what you want me to believe it is.
    Mendel
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited January 2018
    How about playing another gaming genre until one of the games you like the look of launches? When you play beta you play an inferior version of the game, which will likely keep you interested for less time than the launched version. If you go on to play after launch you will no doubt become bored more quickly having played the beta.
    Post edited by Scot on
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Blackboa said:

ESO is the best modern AAA out there Delete. It holds to some old school elements of gameplay which so few modern MMOs even bother with now. Yes, it is not the ESO I would have wanted, but it is the best there is. My only concern would be the cash shop is apparently rather awful now. If you know any "real" MMOs he can play do tell.
    postlarval