Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curiosity ..

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
So , I am curious. 

Let's say , I want to pledge and I am a new and interested player in SC, which I am not, but if I am  .. I want to know, after 5 + years of development , how many goals have been completed so far from here ? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Comments

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    perhaps if you could list out the goals for us in the thread we could be more helpful.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2018
    For the official stretch goals, there's one maintained with each known status here: 

https://starcitizen.tools/Stretch_Goals

24 Complete
    35 In Progress
    39 Unknown
    23 In Concept
    3 On Hold / After Launch

Orinoribartoni33EponyxDamorRouzuki
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    You would first have to distinguish between stretch goals, actual goals and things Chris Roberts mentioned would be in the game.  This list of things Chris has mentioned would be in the game are vast and I dont think would fit in a post or two.
    bartoni33MaxBacon
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Remember a lot of the pledges go to help the folks who run the Swiss banking system, so your just not donating to a game but a life-style.
    Octagon7711AethaerynRhimeDarkpigeonStjerneoddKyleranbeebop500MaxBacon
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited January 2018
    Talonsin said:
    You would first have to distinguish between stretch goals, actual goals and things Chris Roberts mentioned would be in the game.  This list of things Chris has mentioned would be in the game are vast and I dont think would fit in a post or two.
    Why, he clearly gave a list he wanted checked against.

Post edited by Orinori on
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Talonsin said:
    This list of things Chris has mentioned would be in the game are vast and I dont think would fit in a post or two.
    That reminds me of all the Ten for the Chairman episodes that became a running joke in the end. Even the most dedicated fans were asking him to stop saying Yes! to all the things :)
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    MaxBacon said:
    For the official stretch goals, there's one maintained with each known status here: 

24 Complete
    35 In Progress
    39 Unknown
    23 In Concept
    3 On Hold / After Launch

So! From a total of 121 ( +3 at launch ) , 24 are completed in .. 5 or so years? That's around ...20% ? 

Well, I don't know how old are you , but I hope your hands will not shake ( to fast ) , when SC will be released ( I mean, when they will complete the goals which they promised if X amount of $ will be donated ) .

That is the info new players needs to receive. Where exactly are they now with development. So, if this was the first time I was hearing about SC and would of think to support the game, well .. based on the above info, I would of say "..ok, i'll call you" .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    IceAge said:
    MaxBacon said:

24 Complete
    35 In Progress
    39 Unknown
    23 In Concept
    3 On Hold / After Launch

So! From a total of 121 ( +3 at launch ) , 24 are completed in .. 5 or so years? That's around ...20% ? 

Well, I don't know how old are you , but I hope your hands will not shake ( to fast ) , when SC will be released ( I mean, when they will complete the goals which they promised if X amount of $ will be donated ) .

That is the info new players needs to receive. Where exactly are they now with development. So, if this was the first time I was hearing about SC and would of think to support the game, well .. based on the above info, I would of say "..ok, i'll call you" .
    The game mechanics are very rough at the moment the game runs very unstable and only if you install on SSD, 16+GB RAM, and high end video card over 20fps. There are clipping and fall through world issues everywhere, the game logic is not running reliable (like spawning or accessing ships ... or landing ships ). The Economy is not implemented and there is no content. The flight mechanic is simply unfun (no real tactics possible) and unbalanced. The Enemy ship AI is very dull, there are no Enemy AI NPC. MultiplayerShips are not implemented yet (as in different stations like scanning, repairing etc).
    All this and they just sold land claim beacons and tanks.
    There is enough engineering dept on the vehicles and ships alone for the next 15 years.
    IceAgeRhimeDarkpigeon

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    IceAge said:
    So , I am curious. 

Let's say , I want to pledge and I am a new and interested player in SC, which I am not, but if I am  .. I want to know, after 5 + years of development , how many goals have been completed so far from here ? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals .

Right now you can explore your ship, which is great because
    IceAgeMadFrenchieDarkpigeon
    IceAge said:
    So , I am curious. 

....you can't in eve or elite?
    Cotic
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    IceAge said:
    So , I am curious. 

I could be mistaken, but didn't you back SotA, OP?

If so, then all I can tell you is that SC is the same brand of snake oil. Buyer beware.
    RhimepantaroDarkpigeon

IceAge said:
    So , I am curious. 

If so, then all I can tell you is that SC is the same brand of snake oil. Buyer beware.
    See you in game!
    postlarval
    Orinori said:
    IceAge said:
    So , I am curious. 

....you can't in eve or elite?
    I believe this is called 'not seeing the forest for the trees'.
    OrinoriZandogIceAgeTalonsin
    IceAge said:
    So , I am curious. 

I have never backed any game and I will never do. Isn't SotA that game where the dev team is selling real blood ? Right ..

IceAge said:
    MaxBacon said:

24 Complete
    35 In Progress
    39 Unknown
    23 In Concept
    3 On Hold / After Launch

The game mechanics are very rough at the moment the game runs very unstable and only if you install on SSD, 16+GB RAM, and high end video card over 20fps. There are clipping and fall through world issues everywhere, the game logic is not running reliable (like spawning or accessing ships ... or landing ships ). The Economy is not implemented and there is no content. The flight mechanic is simply unfun (no real tactics possible) and unbalanced. The Enemy ship AI is very dull, there are no Enemy AI NPC. MultiplayerShips are not implemented yet (as in different stations like scanning, repairing etc).
    There is enough engineering dept on the vehicles and ships alone for the next 15 years.
    This is very good info. I really though that the actually game-play/mechanics is somehow like they show it in the videos they release. If in 5 years they did *that* , well .. expect Closed Beta in 10 years, and release in 25 . 

And as I said , this is the kind of info interested players who want to back-up this *SC project* needs to know. Sadly , they aren't informed and jump on the ship just because of some pre-made videos they release from time to time.

• penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Timelines are often the key to prosecuting criminals...
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Oh look,
    super pretend armchair devs,  knowing way more then the actual devs, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, cant breath, hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
    Righttttttttttt!
    CoticOrinoriEnikTalonsinlaxieDomain33XFlyByKnightKyleransomeforumguy
    edited January 2018
    Sadly people aren't being informed SC will take 25 years to release?

A hyperbolic, biased and flawed perception of development in the reality of what takes more time, accounting what is the completion of something by weighting content and engine technology work like they were equal on resources, and so on.

One easy example:

- They took over 2 years to create 4 planets/moons!

Reality:

- They took 2 years to create the entire technology that would allow them to create such, from the procedural generation, to have them rotate, have atmospheres, gravity, seamless transitions, and all the technology and mechanic involved with that feature.

Will it take 2 years or anything remotely close to it to create new planets/moons from now on?

- No. After the process (call it pipelines if you want) is created, it is a very templated process that is much quicker.

So I assume now they can create all planets and/or solar systems as they wish quickly?!

- Not yet. And here we get to the point, there's a big piece of technology their engine engineers work on that are the Object Containers & Streaming (a long-term project with fractions of it already released), being that the blocker that is taking the most time, is the backend tech to allow for them to expand the solar system without a major performance issue; not the creation of content.
    OrinoriDomain33XDarkpigeon
    And yet, atmospheric planets were supposedly arriving before the end of 2016. One year later and we still do not have them nor have we seen anything more about them. Something is holding things up.

Is there a number of total planets for the game? I wonder how long it takes to produce a planet, put all the interesting bits on it, sort out the missions etcetera? It can't be a quick process.

edited January 2018
    Cotic said:
    And yet, atmospheric planets were supposedly arriving before the end of 2016. One year later and we still do not have them nor have we seen anything more about them. Something is holding things up.

Is there a number of total planets for the game? I wonder how long it takes to produce a planet, put all the interesting bits on it, sort out the missions etcetera? It can't be a quick process.

It will always be quicker than you creating the entire technology and mechanic that will allow you to create 1 planet. You will not need to re-create tech and mechanic for every planet you will do as it is obvious, hence you are looking at way less work.

Aside from how much of that templated process will be automated of course. You see a game like Elite does not spend time on crafting every mission, outpost, planet, etc... they created "templates" and let the algorithmic nature of things do the rest; SC will also do that, but partially (enforcing it artist-driven).
    Domain33X
    @Cotic,

May I suggest this:

Cryengine did NOT have this tool when CIG started, it had to be built by the software engineers.
    Orinori
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    IceAge said:
    This is very good info. I really though that the actually game-play/mechanics is somehow like they show it in the videos they release.

Welcome to the lie that is Star Citizen.
    Domain33XDarkpigeonMaxBacon
    MaxBacon said:

A hyperbolic, biased and flawed perception of development in the reality of what takes more time, accounting what is the completion of something by weighting content and engine technology work like they were equal on resources, and so on.

One easy example:

Reality:

- They took 2 years to create the entire technology that would allow them to create such, from the procedural generation, to have them rotate, have atmospheres, gravity, seamless transitions, and all the technology and mechanic involved with that feature.

Will it take 2 years or anything remotely close to it to create new planets/moons from now on?

- No. After the process (call it pipelines if you want) is created, it is a very templated process that is much quicker.

So I assume now they can create all planets and/or solar systems as they wish quickly?!

- Not yet. And here we get to the point, there's a big piece of technology their engine engineers work on that are the Object Containers & Streaming (a long-term project with fractions of it already released), being that the blocker that is taking the most time, is the backend tech to allow for them to expand the solar system without a major performance issue; not the creation of content.
    MaxBacon said:

24 Complete
    35 In Progress
    39 Unknown
    23 In Concept
    3 On Hold / After Launch

Well , you said, not me, that in 5 years they completed 24 goals from a total of 121. And no, I don't bite the think that *from now on* , things will evolve much faster. 

Taken from their website, on 26/11/2014 ( that is 3.2 years ago ) they earned $63,000,000 , which is more then enough to complete 2 games ( with that money ) , let alone 1. 

Now, they earned $176,720,209 which is more then enough to complete 5 games , let alone 1 , and they are yet to release a stable alpha , and in top of that, they only completed about 20% from whatever they promised to deliver. 

One most be really positive, if after 5 years , his beloved game is nowhere near finished, and he keeps supporting it.

*Have Fun*

Domain33X

@Tiamat64,

Oh, you mean this game play?

Or this one?

One more for good measure.

Way to be intentionally blind.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    IceAge said:
    MaxBacon said:

One easy example:

Reality:

MaxBacon said:

24 Complete
    35 In Progress
    39 Unknown
    23 In Concept
    3 On Hold / After Launch

Well , you said, not me, that in 5 years they completed 24 goals from a total of 121. And no, I don't bite the think that *from now on* , things will evolve much faster. 

Taken from their website, on 26/11/2014 ( that is 3.2 years ago ) they earned $63,000,000 , which is more then enough to complete 2 games ( with that money ) , let alone 1. 

Now, they earned $176,720,209 which is more then enough to complete 5 games , let alone 1 , and they are yet to release a stable alpha , and in top of that, they only completed about 20% from whatever they promised to deliver. 

One most be really positive, if after 5 years , his beloved game is nowhere near finished, and he keeps supporting it.

*Have Fun*

They’ve been saying for a long while now that once the tools are done then content creation will speed right up but it has yet to happen.
    Arillix said:
    @Cotic,

May I suggest this:

Cryengine did NOT have this tool when CIG started, it had to be built by the software engineers.
    So for everything , you people come up with an excuse. Really, 2 years from now , another super uber thing will show up, and they need to create it from scratch by the "software engineers" and call it 'Ok. things will be delayed again because we now have this new technology which will helps us speed the development time-frame by a lot'. 

Stop it already with pathetic excuses. 

PS: With 176 mil $ , they would of hire best of the best in the entire industry and build them a custom engine which then , they would of do whatever the fuck they wanted with it and upgrade it A LOT easier.
    pantaroDarkpigeon