Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

noblechairs: ICON - A Classy Addition for Any Room in the House - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagenoblechairs: ICON - A Classy Addition for Any Room in the House - MMORPG.com

A few weeks ago, I received the noblechairs: ICON gaming chair in order to write a review for MMORPG.com. Honestly, I’m not usually the type for hardware or peripheral reviews, but when I saw this one, I knew it was the chair for me. This is our noblechairs: ICON review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    looks nice,the gaming chairs in South-africa are the cheap grade ones.
    SBFordnameusermarganculos
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    If you need a chair like that for gaming, you spend entirely too much time in front of the computer.
    SBFordnameusersynfulnowroj
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    btdt said:
    If you need a chair like that for gaming, you spend entirely too much time in front of the computer.
    Enjoy your folding chair ^^
    synfulnowrojmarganculosholdenhamletAegirisk61977

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546

btdt said:

I do I admit, a computer chair is very important, if I am going to put in the time I want to at least be comfortable :)
    SBFordJeffSpicolisynfulnowroj
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    If you spend any amount of time in a computer chair and can afford it, get a Steelcase. They're over a grand for some models, but as any OT will tell you they'll never serve you wrong and they come with an unlimited lifetime warranty.

• nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    $370 is way too expensive for me. Beautiful chair though.
    synfulNickhead420
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

DMKano said:

Raise your desk and ditch the chair.

Your body will thank you. You can get a nice standing desk for less money than this chair

Long gaming sessions will be great :D

Use a standing chair! lol
    nedius004marganculosAegiris

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116
    got this chair tho not with pu-leather. haven't gamed with this comfort ever :) for me i finally found THE chair.
    SBFord
  • nedius004nedius004 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    i have this one to the blue pu lether i have it for 4 + months and i like it it was wrth the buy
    SBFord
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    "A classy addition to any room in the house"

I'm pretty sure my wife would beg to differ.
    SBFordNickhead420JeffSpicoli
    --------------------------------------------
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    "A classy addition to any room in the house"

I'm pretty sure my wife would beg to differ.
    Haha well...fair enough :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Another racing chair, they're all black so it's classy. :tu
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2018
    That chair is pretty much the exact same chair i have but mine does not carry a fancy name and only cost me 150 bucks AND unlike ALL of these gaming chairs,my arm rests actually look usable and are leather and padded,NOT these cheap ...small pieces of $2 plastic.
    My chair is also a geesh very close to 4 years old now,well lets say 3 since i was in the Hospitol quite some time and has ZERO wear and tear,is still very comfortable,i never get a sore back and i used to in other chairs and i often sit back in it to watch movies as well.

Point being,you SHOULD be able to find a very good chair for 150 bucks give or take 20 and be every bit as functional,comfortable and as good as 90% of the gaming chairs that cost twice as much.

If i was going to buy one of these,it would likely be from Secret Labs,but i won't be because every time i see cheap looking arm rests "yes i know adjustable",i get turned off.

Want to see some REAL CHAIRS,albeit extremely costly ,but these are chairs one could actually talk..brag about and practically live in them lol.

https://www.titanchair.com/

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 67
    34cm (13.4") seat width before side bolsters? That's smaller than DX Racer's standard 14". No thanks, I'll get a real chair that'll accommodate my big butt.
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    I was a skeptic of these chairs till my other half got one. Chairs are important, especially since they can result in bad posture over prolonged periods of time. I went with a Automous AI Ergochair, which was around $150 at the time of purchase. It wasn't one of those gimmicky "racing chairs" basically.

Fast forward to the gf getting a Vertagear, and well, it was surprisingly far more comfortable than the nice "office chair". Just being able to lean back like a car seat is a big improvement over the regular office chair design. In my honest opinion, it was money well spent. It is furniture after all. I can't vouch for any other brand, but the Vertagear was well made and extremely comfortable.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2018

DataDay said:

I was a skeptic of these chairs till my other half got one. Chairs are important, especially since they can result in bad posture over prolonged periods of time. I went with a Automous AI Ergochair, which was around $150 at the time of purchase. It wasn't one of those gimmicky "racing chairs" basically.

Fast forward to the gf getting a Vertagear, and well, it was surprisingly far more comfortable than the nice "office chair". Just being able to lean back like a car seat is a big improvement over the regular office chair design. In my honest opinion, it was money well spent. It is furniture after all. I can't vouch for any other brand, but the Vertagear was well made and extremely comfortable.

Except one problem,almost NOBODY sits in them with good poster,people are leaning forward gaming.The only time you mildly see proper use is a lazy streamer just sitting back fondling a cell phone asking for subs or donations.

The ergo chairs are outdated and imo a joke,terrible and to see many still charging way to much for those outdated chairs.On that Titan site i posted they are selling those ergo chairs that look rubbish for upwards of 800 dollars ..wow you joking me.

Perhaps the most important aspect of a chair if sitting long periods is in the area underneath your knees/hamstring area.You need proper circulation otherwise it will cause long term problems,something you likely won't trace back to sitting in a chair that cuts off circulation through the legs.So more importantly than cost or value whatever,you need to realize if the chair is in anyway cutting off circulation.If you feel like circulation is still good,then great,if not,then everything else doesn't matter,the chair is bad for you.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

btdt said:

Your chair is one of the most important parts of working with computers other than the computer itself. A bad chair can hurt things like posture, spine compression, nerve damage, etc... which over time will affect your health. It doesn't matter if you are spending 10 minutes or an hour to be honest get a good chair.
    SBFord