Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lior Leser Esq, Youtube Lawyer "Crytek Misleading Court. Squadron 42 Was Authorized."

ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
edited January 2018 in Star Citizen
[mod edit] I present to you, Lior Leser, Esquire Attorney at Law

Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
Post edited by Vaross on
ErillionCoticbartoni33JeffSpicolijayheld90Babuinix

Comments

• mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    edited January 2018
    Zandog said:

The fact that this was posted and Erillion tagged it as 'insightful' is awesome.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    sgelScotchUpIceAge
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited January 2018
    mr1602 said:
    Zandog said:

The fact that this was posted and Erillion tagged it as 'insightful' is awesome.
    He probably wanted to watch it first before giving final emote judgement. No more than 90secs went by after I posted, did he tag it ;D

Edit: Need to spell better.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    edited January 2018
    Zandog said:
    mr1602 said:
    Zandog said:

He probably wanted to watch it first before giving final emote judgement. No more than 90secs went by after I posted, did he tag it ;D

I have already seen that video yesterday (that is .. Friday evening in Austria).

Strong clear language from someone who seems to know his business.

Have fun
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Zandog said:
    When you can't quite take the word of a ranting cripple and need a tech lawyer to tell you what the fuck is really going on, I present to you, Lior Leser, Esquire Attorney at Law
    This sounds awful, I know people feel strongly about this game but calling out a person as a 'ranting cripple' is not the way to go about it. Please show a bit of respect for the person even if you dislike what they are saying. It's just common decency isn't it?
    bartoni33SBFordScotchUpPingu2012JeffSpicoli
    Cotic said:
    Zandog said:
    When you can't quite take the word of a ranting cripple and need a tech lawyer to tell you what the fuck is really going on, I present to you, Lior Leser, Esquire Attorney at Law
    This sounds awful, I know people feel strongly about this game but calling out a person as a 'ranting cripple' is not the way to go about it. Please show a bit of respect for the person even if you dislike what they are saying. It's just common decency isn't it?

You do know that "ranting"  "cripple" is a labelling coming from the guy HIMSELF, do you not ?

Take a look at the YouTube title in that other video - chosen by HIMSELF. Deliberately. To provoke reactions.

Anyway ... Mr. Leser (in THIS video) is quite clear in his assessment of the CryTek-CIG lawsuit.

Have fun

bartoni33Phry
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Zandog said:

You do know that "ranting"  "cripple" is a labelling coming from the guy HIMSELF, do you not ?

Take a look at the YouTube title in that other video - chosen by HIMSELF. Deliberately. To provoke reactions.

Anyway ... Mr. Leser (in THIS video) is quite clear in his assessment of the CryTek-CIG lawsuit.

Have fun

Oh my goodness, that does not make it okay.

African Americans call themselves the n word all the time, it does not make it okay for everyone else to call them by that term.

Wow.
    SBFordScotchUp
    edited January 2018
    ** post deleted ** nvm ... would just derail the thead ...

Have fun
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Zandog said:

Have fun

African Americans call themselves the n word all the time, it does not make it okay for everyone else to call them by that term.

Wow.
    Maybe they can call him a "rantin crippa" instead? It seems changing the last syllable makes all the difference!
    RexKushman

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

edited January 2018
    Edited because of another edit.

On-topic: I'll have to look into that video later. I'm going to assume they are not wearing a children's hat?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

bartoni33 said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Zandog said:

Have fun

Wow.

@Cotic <--Another victim of the SA.com "PsyOps Division".

Have fun
    Nah, he's a victim of PC madness. Not the good Personal Computer madness of poopsocks and all-night raiding either. The real shitty kind.
    Oh come on. I am not a victim of political correctness at all. I happen to believe using derogatory terms to undermine a person's message is base behaviour, there are many better ways to get a point across.
    SBFord
    Cotic said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Zandog said:

Have fun

Wow.

@Cotic <--Another victim of the SA.com "PsyOps Division".

Have fun
    Nah, he's a victim of PC madness. Not the good Personal Computer madness of poopsocks and all-night raiding either. The real shitty kind.
    Oh come on. I am not a victim of political correctness at all. I happen to believe using derogatory terms to undermine a person's message is base behaviour, there are many better ways to get a point across.
    Yeah I tried to edit that out. So did Erillion.

I do agree with you BTW on principle. But if this guy is calling himself that to get people like you riled up then screw him and the chair he rolled in on.
    RexKushmanAsm0deusConstantineMerusSBFordMaxBacon

Zandog said:
    mr1602 said:
    Zandog said:

It showed Erillion has no problem with you calling someone a 'ranting cripple' which is AWESOME.

This is why normal people go 'WTF is wrong with you?' when they see Star Citizen fans.
    ScotchUpadamlotus75
    edited January 2018
    The video and link are awesome. 

But you see what you want to see, so ... *** shrug ***

Have fun
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    I saw you tag a post with the words 'ranting cripple' as 'insightful'.

/Shrug
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Doesn't matter what this lawyer says, it will be how the judge reads the complaint and law. This guy could be looked at like we look at 9th circuit. They have been over turned majority of time by our SCOTU!

I stopped being surprised how SC fans treat anyone that doesn't agree with them. Calling this guy names is just par for SC fans.
    MaxBacon
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    mr1602 said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    I saw you tag a post with the words 'ranting cripple' as 'insightful'.

/Shrug

I would have gone with Lloyd Christmas' long lost twin. But once again I guess that would have identified him with something beyond his control. So I guess we should all get offended on his behalf. But that would bring into question why we should even use video to transmit such messages? We probably should concentrate on the words alone, but then if we did just that.....

It would have just been incoherent boring shite wouldn't it, the kind of ramblings you get from a drunk person at the end of a long night, which is actually all I thought when I tried to watch it.

So hey, lets try to label this rambling incoherent bore as a HERO! then try drag everyone into a discussion about the word cripple instead! 

Lawyers video here actually has some really useful and INSIGHTFUL content though wouldn't you agree :)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited January 2018
    Doesn't matter what several lawyers said, because their take on the case is that Crytek doesn't seem to have a winnable case. If what those lawyers had to say is that "Whelp CIG is in trouble on this one", the narrative here would be the opposite, now wouldn't it?

Aside of that, independent of the cripple guy (his words not mines) being a goon that intentionally does this (otherwise he wouldn't have went to the DS hate sub just to dwell on insults), that game shouldn't be played here.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My post was way too long trying to prove this guy is NOT very bright as a lawyer,i had tons of examples to prove why this contract is not as strange as he claims.
    However to keep it short i will simply state that this guy is pulling out SINGLE lines of reference without cross referencing with the entire contract.

I don't want to start going on here again,it'll end up too long but there is something important to note.

These license can vary across AL spectrums of cost and use,both sides work to come to an agreement and a cost to license the engine.
    I will bring up one example i found VERY suspicious.NCSOFT licensed Unreal Engine for 3 uses,after a couple months said,oh we don't want this agreement anymore and i assume had a clause to get out.So i thought WTF,the Unreal engine has been free forever,so anyone would EASILY try it out and have their top guys look it over before licensing it,especial ya big developer like NCSOFT.My point is i feel devs often STEAL ideas in code,then go on to claim they have magically decided to make their own engine...Dark N Light anyone?

My point was that instead of listening to some so called lawyer pull out single lines,the common sense used by a game engine designer is to make contracts that protect several areas of legality making anything in there not so strange as he made it sound.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2018
    YES even the bug fixes section makes perfect sense IF this lawyer had any clue to think a bit.
    Couple hints ..Integrity,usage that may involve changes or potentially harm the credibility of the engine,protecting themselves from legal action taken against the ability of the engine etc etc.

As to SQ42,that is just a TITLE,CIG coudl easily screw over Crytek by using that TITLE name and just make 5..10..20 games and just make sure to include the title SQ42 and this i believe is their intent of the lawsuit ,that CIG is trying to circumvent the contract by utilizing a stand alone game and just calling it SQ42.I would assume there has to be some sort of contract on what exactly SQ42 would involve,something this guy does NOT cross reference with because he is just picking out single lines.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited January 2018
    Wizardry said:
    My point was that instead of listening to some so called lawyer pull out single lines,the common sense used by a game engine designer is to make contracts that protect several areas of legality making anything in there not so strange as he made it sound.
    Instead of listening to one lawyer, you can listen to two, Leonard French has the best overview, he spent 1hour analyzing and explaining this contract:

They both come to similar conclusions. And with this one posted yesterday, that makes 3. The rest is up to the judge.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2018
    Too bad February 9th will probably just be the preliminaries.  At the very least the ones that stated it will be thrown out of court will have that part shut up real fast but then we'll still have potentially years to go before the case reaches its conclusion.  Oh well, I'll bookmark all these lawyers anyways just in case they and Star Citizen are still relevant enough at that time for there to be a backlash.

Kinda hoping Skadden doesn't produce any extra evidence (such as e-mail correspondence) so these lawyers' arguments can fall on their face on their own merits.  But if such a hand does hypothetically exist, it'd probably be better if things got fast forwarded instead.  This has really gone on long enough.
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    MaxBacon said:
    Wizardry said:
    Instead of listening to one lawyer, you can listen to two, Leonard French has the best overview, he spent 1hour analyzing and explaining this contract:

They both come to similar conclusions. And with this one posted yesterday, that makes 3. The rest is up to the judge.
    Much appreciate the posting Bacon, didn't see this one.