Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teaser For The Upcoming 'Beyond - Chapter One' Patch

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

New Ship: Chieftain
Elite Dangerous Horizons Commanders will also be able to take to the stars in the new Alliance Chieftain, designed not only to dish out punishment, but to avoid it. Manufactured by Lakon Spaceways, the Chieftain is more maneuverable than ships of similar size and weight, and its combat profile means it can more than hold its own in a fight.

Improved Core Mechanics
Chapter 1 of Beyond will bring improvements to some of Elite Dangerous' core mechanics, including accessibility enhancements to the engineering mechanics, an overhaul of mission rewards and big changes to Crime and Punishment. We’ll be sharing more information on the changes to Crime and Punishment, and the Engineers in a future post here on the forums and in the livestreams mentioned above.

Wing Missions
Chapter 1 of Beyond will give you the chance to take on wing missions with your fellow Commanders, sharing both the efforts and rewards.

Revised Trade Data
Commanders will now be able to access trade data from systems they have previously visited, in order to make more informed decisions when shipping goods across the Milky Way.

Planetary Visual Improvements
Chapter 1 also includes the first of the planetary visual improvements coming as part of the Beyond series of updates (with more surface level improvements coming later in the year) bringing a new vibrancy to the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

GalNet Audio
With the introduction of GalNet Audio, you will be able to catch up on the latest news from across the galaxy without ever leaving the action.

You can find the beta details below:

• When? 25 January 2018
• Who? This beta is open to everyone on PC and Mac

The beta includes new content, changes and improvements for both Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous Horizons players. In order to access all of the content, you will require Elite Dangerous Horizons.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/399392-Elite-Dangerous-Beyond-Chapter-One-Beta-Announcement

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Oh why has this game failed me... 

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    So the question is.. will Elite Dangerous get ground combat faster than Star Citizen can get their game to run over 30fps?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    The initial tutorial has to be redone in this game.
    klash2def

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    DAS1337 said:
    So the question is.. will Elite Dangerous get ground combat faster than Star Citizen can get their game to run over 30fps?
    'will get'

combat is pretty rich, in fact I did some last night almost got my __ handed to me

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    kitarad said:
    The initial tutorial has to be redone in this game.
    100000% agree

the entry point of this game is terrible but once a person can get passed it its good
    klash2def

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Pic of update planet visuals

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I like that moon! As far as I can tell this is phase one of the graphical updates. There are also some larger changes coming later in the year, which will add a lot more features to ice planets for example.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    DAS1337 said:
    In a game that does flying so damn well, I don't really care that much about ground combat or space legs. I'd rather they did atmo flying properly which I'm sure they will.
    Flying in Elite is always a pleasure.
    klash2def

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    I am looking forward to flora and fauna on planets.

Have fun
    In last nights 'Discovery' livestream they showed off some of the graphical updates to planets, these have been done so that, from space, people can identify what the planet's composition is and where they will be more likely to find minerals.

We also got to see the new ship (Chieftain) in action, price in dollars? Zero...

They have also included a whole bunch of trade updates that will make it far easier to figure out where to buy/sell, the price you can get from various markets, demand and so on.
    Also included was a Tech Broker who will allow you to unlock weapons in return for minerals/metals or whatever.
    And lastly they showed a new mission type (solo or wing) involving the Megaships which I would imagine will be expanded to other parts of the game.

56 mins 33 secs if timestamp doesn't work

Erillion
    Planetary graphics improvements

Really pleased with all the colour variation now, was far too much beigeness before.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Really tempting this game if only the controls landing and taking off were improved.