Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beyond - Chapter One to Enter Open Beta for PC / Mac Players, Brings Co-Op Missions - Elite: Dangero

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBeyond - Chapter One to Enter Open Beta for PC / Mac Players, Brings Co-Op Missions - Elite: Dangerous - MMORPG.com

Elite: Dangerous News - If you're a PC or Mac player of Elite: Dangerous, you will definitely want pencil in time to play starting January 25th. Beyond: Chapter One will enter open beta and will allow you to take part in Wing Missions, check out the new graphics upgrades and the Galnet Audio as well as see new trade data. This is the first of season three's updates.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I'm looking forward to seeing the updates to the planet's visuals. The engineer and crime/punishment changes will be interesting as well.
    EponyxDamor
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Is this the best space mmo?

• sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited January 2018

Mikeha said:

yes, by far
    LeFantome
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317

Mikeha said:

Debatable. Eve Online has far more players. I'm not a fan of either game.
  • AzukaeAzukae Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I'm glad i watched this trailer.
    Solid 5/7 - IGN.
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    edited January 2018
    YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

On a side note, as a mainly VR player, Oculus Home 2.0 with dash enabled is amazing for trade routes.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    > Commanders will now be able to access trade data from systems they have previously visited

It took only 3 years to add a very basic - yet extremely useful - method (one market data request replaced with another). I guess the release of inhabited planets is only couple decades away.

It's like space sims hire only the slowest devs in the world.
    LeFantome

Thank you for your time!

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I love Elite and its concept. Braben is a genius and i really wish they have a bigger team to create content much faster. But...

Im also a Star Citizen fan and after the recent release and what is coming this year even, i just cant bring myself to play Elite anymore, which is sad really!

I hope one day Elite fulfills its ambition!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>
    Commanders will now be able to access trade data from systems they have previously visited
    >>>

Everyone has been doing that via player created websites anyway for the last three years. With data from many different players, not just one.

>>>>
    The engineer and crime/punishment changes will be interesting as well.
    >>>>

Engineers --> hopefully less grind, more story !!

>>>>
    >>>>

A very good one, especially when you have VR equipment.

I can also recommend EVE Online if you are into PvP and player generated content.
    No Man Sky if you are into exploration for explorations sake.

Promising games in development (Alpha or Beta state):
    Star Citizen
    Everspace
    Descent Underground
    Dual Universe
    etc.

Fun little games for temporary fun:
    Rebel Galaxy
    CoD Infinite Warfare
    Star Wars SWTOR MMO - space warfare subgame
    etc.

Have fun
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    this game needs options for arcade controls

current sim setup is just too much friction for new players, they just give up and don't come back
    [Deleted User]

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Mikeha said:

Mmoisk space simulator to be more exact not the same as Eve but imo I like it way more

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    LETS GO. MY BODY IS READY. MY WEAPONS ARE HOT.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.