Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another lawsuit but this time it is personal

mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
Remember the hero StreetRoller? He is the guy who managed to get District Attorney of California involved along with the DCBA so CIG would refund his $3000 purchase.
The rest as they say is history as others were also able to get refunds afterwards by following his shining example.
Anyone remember the 'IronClad TOS' that CIG was touting as 'No more refunds!'? God, what a nightmare that would have been.

It turns out our hero is not done with CIG yet as he has decided to sue CIG/RSI through the New Jersey small claims court.
According to NJ law, this would by-pass all the 17 (or was it 22?) companies that CIG/RSI has and go directly to the proprietor of said company, Chris Roberts.

StreetRoller, all I can say is that you made a positive difference in a lot of people's lives and I am incredibly proud of you.

PS. Just read the Youtube comments and I find it funny (in a sad way) that not a single person defending CIG can do so without having normal people go 'WTF is wrong with you?!' to them.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hero? Hardly qualifies by any definition of the term.

BeezerbeezCrazKanukAsm0deusZandogRhimeEponyxDamorhuntercoMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2018
    This is a weak attempt at trolling CIG, a mindless 20-minute rant video about why is he suing CIG, he knows he doesn't have any case on such ridiculous accusations of fraud, so better get some cheap views and attention instead lol

"[StreetRoller] Shaggy Cripple Rants On Why He's Suing Chris Roberts On Fraud Wastes your time For 20 Minutes - Star Citizen" FIFY

ZandogDaranar
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    edited January 2018
    Is this a parody video? It has to be...  

I stopped caring about the whole SC drama a long time ago but this is just next level ridiculousness.
    MaxBaconZandog

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    It is his right to sue if he wants.   So ... let him sue.  The court will decide.

Have fun
    bartoni33
    Kyleran said:
    For the hate sub, anyone who attempts to destroy CIG and SC is one hero.

They have even crowdfunded a lawsuit to attempt to get CIG to lose their tax grant in the UK for example.

People here have no idea... It's crazy.
  • mr1602mr1602 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    edited January 2018

Kyleran said:

Because of him, I know at least 2 families who didn't sleep on the streets as the dad got the refund from CIG much more quickly than the charge back process and was able to pay rent.

Nice cheap shot though. I'm sure this reflects well for you.
    BeezerbeezMaxBaconZandogRhimeVerenathunfilteredJWMrMelGibson
    Is this a parody video? It has to be...  

I stopped caring about the whole SC drama a long time ago but this is just next level ridiculousness.
    If I ask for a refund to Company A, get told by Company B that I'm not entitled to one, but get a portion of the money back via Company C, what do you call that?

There's a one word definition that I'm sure the court will be able to teach us about.
    MaxBaconRhime
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    mr1602 said:

Because of him, I know at least 2 families who didn't sleep on the streets as the dad got the refund from CIG much more quickly than the charge back process and was able to pay rent.

You personally  know those 2 families ?

Or heard those stories from someone on the internet ?

Have fun
    MrMelGibson
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    but he has a right to be angry about buying into a project when the company hasn't delivered the game -- yet tried to advertise the world. didn't they accumulate hundreds of millions of dollars and first announce the project more than half a decade ago?
    edited January 2018
    mr1602 said:
    If I ask for a refund to Company A, get told by Company B that I'm not entitled to one, but get a portion of the money back via Company C, what do you call that?

There's a one word definition that I'm sure the court will be able to teach us about.
    I call that someone posting BS that doesn't know what he is talking about, yet is making sensationalist hollow statements he can't back up or prove.

DS would be proud.

Actually, not even DS with his daily preaching about the SC Apocalypse thinks this guy has a case aside of an annoyance to CIG/CR to deal with it lol

but he has a right to be angry about buying into a project when the company hasn't delivered the game -- yet tried to advertise the world. didn't they accumulate hundreds of millions of dollars and first announce the project more than half a decade ago?
    He can be angry all he want, he got refunded, this is all a ridiculous show to get attention by accusing the company of fraud lol

You can watch the video, it's silly, you won't find a consistent chain of thought.

In NJ, the mere fact that a mis-presented good is being SOLD is violating the law.
    It'll be hilarious if after this lawsuit, there is a disclaimer on CIG's website that says 'not sold in NJ'. 
    MaxBaconRhime
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Looks like someone is attempting to stretch their "5 minutes of fame" into 8 minutes, lol
    MaxBacon
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited January 2018
    Nice rant, everyone disagreeing msut be either very insecure or still living in a delusional world. Well the last 5 words were a bit over the top though.
    MaxBaconTheScavenger
    edited January 2018
    Looks like someone is attempting to stretch their "5 minutes of fame" into 8 minutes, lol
    Absolutely, he already got the attention back then, got refunded, and now trying to get a new show up by accusing the company of fraud.

At least Derek Smart was "Smarter", he let everyone forget about his threats and lawsuit supposedly already underway so he said back then, he knew very well he didn't have a case.

exile01 said:
    Nice rant, everyone disagreeing msut be either very insecure or still living in a delusional world. Well the last 5 words were a bit over the top though.
    Living in a delusional world is who even thinks this guy has any case and is not just looking for more attention.
    edited January 2018
    mr1602 said:
    In NJ, the mere fact that a mis-presented good is being SOLD is violating the law.
    It'll be hilarious if after this lawsuit, there is a disclaimer on CIG's website that says 'not sold in NJ'. 
    I mean.. once a company has your money, they do everything in their power to keep it. When I played through my first 2 nights of No Man's Sky, I realized there was no multiplayer and the game was a complete sham. I tried to get my refund from Sony, but they told me that I had completed too many achievements (WHICH CONSISTED OF WALKING AROUND FOR HOURS), and I was no longer eligible for a refund.
    ....which is what the crippled dude is experiencing with Star Citizen. they claimed he had a sufficient amount of time to realize the game was bad (500 hours), and now he -- and the rest of the world -- is no longer eligible for a refund.

That's some snake oil shit, dude.

--> clarification: Also, the developers of No Man's Sky kept posting on social media that the servers were experiencing technical difficulties due to overabundance of connections. they made it seem like MORE was coming as long as we stuck with the game -- but this was a complete lie to keep us playing. 

edit again:
    And you know what? If Star Citizen really was going to be an amazing game, they should allow the players to get their refund. They should give the refund, ban the account, and then wait for the player's reaction when they finally do release the BEST GAME EVER!!!

except CIG is aware that Star Citizen cannot live up to any expectation they've marketed. they have to fight for the money because they're at INCREDIBLE risk and backlash for the impending failure. I look at it from the perspective that CIG has no faith in its own product.
    yes, you can use the excuse "if you give one player a refund, everyone will want a refund", but that's only the case if Star Citizen continued to delay release. .. which they did... and continue to do.

Post edited by WoeToTheVanquished on
    alkarionlogunfilteredJW
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    This is really Sad, Having to pay good money to lawyers who could care less about your vision, just there bank accounts. This helps put lawyers in a bad light.
    BLNX
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    mr1602 said:

Kyleran said:

I died laughiung ahahahahahahaa! What a load of crap. And so obvious. You should feel emberrassed by posting this lol
    CrazKanukMrMelGibson
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    Absolutely, he already got the attention back then, got refunded, and now trying to get a new show up by accusing the company of fraud.
    How so?
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    mr1602 said:
    I mean.. once a company has your money, they do everything in their power to keep it. When I played through my first 2 nights of No Man's Sky, I realized there was no multiplayer and the game was a complete sham. I tried to get my refund from Sony, but they told me that I had completed too many achievements (WHICH CONSISTED OF WALKING AROUND FOR HOURS), and I was no longer eligible for a refund.
    ....which is what the crippled dude is experiencing with Star Citizen. they claimed he had a sufficient amount of time to realize the game was bad (500 hours), and now he -- and the rest of the world -- is no longer eligible for a refund.

--> clarification: Also, the developers of No Man's Sky kept posting on social media that the servers were experiencing technical difficulties due to overabundance of connections. they made it seem like MORE was coming as long as we stuck with the game -- but this was a complete lie to keep us playing. 
    500h and a refund? lolololo Did he claim a refund for his car after driving it fo 500 hours too?
    MaxBacon said:

At least Derek Smart was "Smarter", he let everyone forget about his threats and lawsuit supposedly already underway so he said back then, he knew very well he didn't have a case.

exile01 said:
    Living in a delusional world is who even thinks this guy has any case and is not just looking for more attention.
    If I ask for a refund for Company A, get told 'No' by Company B and get some money back from Company C, what do you call that?

Like I said before, I'm sure the court can decide that and not someone posting in an internet forum.
    MaxBacon
    edited January 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    How so?
    By saying he is going to the sue the company for fraud and making that silly video with it.

Like I said, it's just like Derek, but he knew he didn't have a case so he just decided to let people forget that whole show he put up back then about it.

mr1602 said:
    If I ask for a refund for Company A, get told 'No' by Company B and get some money back from Company C, what do you call that?

Like I said before, I'm sure the court can decide that and not someone posting in an internet forum.
    Again, that only shows me you don't know what you are talking about and can't detail and specifically prove the supposed fraud aside of one hollow superficial claim. The only word I can use is: Delusion.
    edited January 2018
    mr1602 said:

500h and a refund? lolololo Did he claim a refund for his car after driving it fo 500 hours too?
    well that depends. did he buy the car with every feature already implemented or did the developers have to remotely update it -- piece by piece -- for 5+ years?

edit:
    you cannot be mad at the crippled dude for expecting the game to be the World of Warcraft of space mmos. you cannot honestly point the finger at him and say it's his fault for listening to the hype of CIG. you cannot be mad at him for having the insurmountable patience to Finally ask for a refund.

AND I GUARANTEE YOU -- that all he wants is for CIG to release the game they promised.

They won't, by the way, but that's all anyone ever wanted. to receive the game they promised.

MaxBaconunfilteredJW
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    MaxBacon said:
    How so?
    By saying he is going to the sue the company for fraud and making that silly video with it.
    Given the way that Star Citizen fans are responding in his comments I doubt attention was really what he was looking for.

God some of those people are despicable.
    ScotchUp
    edited January 2018
    well that depends. did he buy the car with every feature already implemented or did the developers have to remotely update it -- piece by piece -- for 5+ years?
    Well, the car here had a disclaimer that it would be delivered piece by piece with also the delivery dates disclaimed on the terms you agreed upon:

• RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website.  However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of your Pledge shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has ceased development and failed to deliver the relevant pledge items and/or the Game to you. (Pledges made under previous Terms of Services continue to be governed by the corresponding clause of the Terms of Services, or of the Commercial Terms, as applicable, which were in effect at the time of making the Pledge).

rpmcmurphy said:
    Given the way that Star Citizen fans are responding in his comments I doubt attention was really what he was looking for. 

God some of those people are despicable.
    Well I don't even read Youtube comments, neither do I comment. I also think he knows very well the toxic discussion that ends up leveling by those who side with him, or against him, it's intended in my view.

Especially when it involves Goons (as it does here).

edited January 2018
    Fun fact, Chris Roberts or his attorney does not show up and a default judgment is awarded to StreetRoller, Chris Roberts will be declared 'a fraud' by the courts.

Since this is an actual court that gave that declaration, it stays with you through all future proceedings (legal or not), background checks etc.