Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of Elyria update from Caspien (Jan 2018)

Comments

• mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited January 2018
    @Slapshot1188

Good, I much prefer when you are talking to me. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    @Slapshot1188

I know... but this shall be our last.
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited January 2018
    Haha. As usual, Slap can't back up what he says with proof.  So instead he tries to find something else to bitch about. *Looks very amused*
    Per chance would you happen to have other examples of "as usual" where Slap doesn't have evidence

Just curious. I mean, you called him out on this example and it seems you may have something here. However, I'm just wondering because you are trying to springboard this example into a pattern.

Just like to see it. 

The reason I am curious, is that from what I have seen, Slap is pretty meticulous about his information. And if you can show a pattern here, that I haven't seen, well....you know.

Otherwise, you are just undermining your own credibility.
    I have, and when I have time to look back over the forums I will post them for you. Tonight is not the night though since I have other things to do. 
    Yet you still had time to respond. Honestly, I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have just noticed that you vigorously defend CoE. Concerning all the CoE threads, I think we all take it with a grain of salt, with Slap or anyone else. The game will speak for itself, whenever it is released.
    It takes a lot less time to respond, then to search through several different pages in several different threads.  However, whenever I have seen Slapshot proven wrong in something he immediately starts to bitch about something unrelated to the topic. 

Yes, I defend CoE when things are blatantly portrayed to beat the game down and make it appear to be something it is not (A perfect example is this thread). If there was anything written that caused a concern for me I would speak about that as well.  I also have some concerns and am curious how others are going to work, but until the game is further into production everything said now is just assumptions on both sides.

Slapshot still hasn't provided a source by saying Caspain stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said. 

Also Slap you really need to get over the 150000 thing, D corrected my mistake and
    I didn't feel there was any need to continue on with it. But since that is all you have, and you really like to repeat yourself I guess it can be expected.  This is a perfect example of you finding something else to bitch about that has nothing to do with the topic. 
    https://i.imgur.com/3vnpl5A.png

Honestly, it didn't take much to find it. SoE has been *really* hyped on the Discord over the last several days.
    Had you been paying attention I wasn't looking for Caspain's Discord Quote. 
    Are you sure you even know what you're asking for?

"Slapshot still hasn't provided a source by saying Caspain stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said. "

You literally ask for the source here, asking for it (the quote) to be copy and pasted. Also, why would Caspian literally saying it would be at a specific day/time not be an announcement?

You seem awfully offended for someone who had difficulty finding the quote; even going so far as to ask for it to be provided. I was just trying to assist; it really *wasn't* difficult to find, hence the reason I provided it (at your request).
    Slapshot1188Tiamat64
    @Slapshot1188

I know... but this shall be our last.
    Oh, sorry typo.. I definitely meant ARN'T talking to me. 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    This state of elyria, will they show their progress or will it just contain a lot of empty words that are bound to change?
    Dakeru
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Haha. As usual, Slap can't back up what he says with proof.  So instead he tries to find something else to bitch about. *Looks very amused*
    Per chance would you happen to have other examples of "as usual" where Slap doesn't have evidence

Just curious. I mean, you called him out on this example and it seems you may have something here. However, I'm just wondering because you are trying to springboard this example into a pattern.

Just like to see it. 

The reason I am curious, is that from what I have seen, Slap is pretty meticulous about his information. And if you can show a pattern here, that I haven't seen, well....you know.

I have, and when I have time to look back over the forums I will post them for you. Tonight is not the night though since I have other things to do. 
    Yet you still had time to respond. Honestly, I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have just noticed that you vigorously defend CoE. Concerning all the CoE threads, I think we all take it with a grain of salt, with Slap or anyone else. The game will speak for itself, whenever it is released.
    It takes a lot less time to respond, then to search through several different pages in several different threads.  However, whenever I have seen Slapshot proven wrong in something he immediately starts to bitch about something unrelated to the topic. 

Yes, I defend CoE when things are blatantly portrayed to beat the game down and make it appear to be something it is not (A perfect example is this thread). If there was anything written that caused a concern for me I would speak about that as well.  I also have some concerns and am curious how others are going to work, but until the game is further into production everything said now is just assumptions on both sides.

Slapshot still hasn't provided a source by saying Caspain stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said. 

Also Slap you really need to get over the 150000 thing, D corrected my mistake and
    I didn't feel there was any need to continue on with it. But since that is all you have, and you really like to repeat yourself I guess it can be expected.  This is a perfect example of you finding something else to bitch about that has nothing to do with the topic. 

Honestly, it didn't take much to find it. SoE has been *really* hyped on the Discord over the last several days.

"Slapshot still hasn't provided a source by saying Caspain stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said. "

You literally ask for the source here, asking for it (the quote) to be copy and pasted. Also, why would Caspian literally saying it would be at a specific day/time not be an announcement?

You seem awfully offended for someone who had difficulty finding the quote; even going so far as to ask for it to be provided. I was just trying to assist; it really *wasn't* difficult to find, hence the reason I provided it (at your request).
    Interesting. Do you folks not know how to read. I asked for a source to support the Delayed comment in the OP. Which the discord source didn't support since it was stated that -Ideally- the update would be out. At no point in time did I claim to be looking for the source, nor proclaim I couldn't find it... 
    EponyxDamorSlapshot1188YashaXTalonsin
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited January 2018

Just like to see it. 

Interesting. Do you folks not know how to read. I asked for a source to support the Delayed comment in the OP. Which the discord source didn't support since it was stated that -Ideally- the update would be out. At no point in time did I claim to be looking for the source, nor proclaim I couldn't find it... 
    Again, you're awfully offended at someone just trying to assist you (with something YOU asked for). Then again, you seem to be offended at everything, whilst simultaneously making several (unwarranted) personal attacks in a single thread (first against slap, now against me); I literally have no stake in the conversation besides trying to assist you in finding the source/quote (which again, YOU ASKED FOR: "Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said" & "Delayed? Where is the source? (Public Announcement of release time)"). I don't really think you know what you're asking for here, as you're literally asking "WHERE IS THE SOURCE?" which is, indeed, a request for the source to be provided to you. After all, if you had the quote/source, why wouldn't you just post it to prove your original point that it wasn't a set-in-stone date?

I agree that Caspian saying "ideally" didn't make it concrete, but its still an announcement. I don't see anything wrong with that or Slap updating the OP to reflect that delay. The SoE was delayed, and so was the OP's update (since, you know, the SoE hasn't *actually* come out yet.)

Also, both the delay announcement and the original announcement were made in Discord. I don't know what else you're looking for in regards to a source for the information? Again, are you even sure you know what you're looking for?

mystichazeSlapshot1188YashaXGdemamiMaxBacon
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    So the State of the game is delayed... Well, I guess that pretty much sums it up right there anyways. 
    Slapshot1188SpottyGekkoDakeruShaighEponyxDamorPottedPlant22[Deleted User]
    --------------------------------------------
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    No wonder he's having to take extra time to write up his latest "state of the game", lol

When there's been so many changes and re-definitions and retcons, it must be a bit tricky to keep track of what you said earlier, and when it was said, and why it didn't mean what everyone thought it did... ;)
    Slapshot1188Wellspring
    No wonder he's having to take extra time to write up his latest "state of the game", lol

When there's been so many changes and re-definitions and retcons, it must be a bit tricky to keep track of what you said earlier, and when it was said, and why it didn't mean what everyone thought it did... ;)
    Most people don’t bother to check to see if what was said ever proved to be true.  Apparently expecting someone to do what they said is hate,trolling, and stuff only Harbiners do.  Sorry, but it’s about something called credibility.  Just look at the ridiculousness in this thread...

Update was delayed.
    show me
    show me
    show me
    Explained it was from Discord
    prove it
    prove it
    Provide screenshots 
    but he said it was a target that’s not a deadline!
    Point to unambiguous “will be out tomorrow” screenshot
    but.... Discord doesn’t count!

Anyhow...  Update should be out around 11:00 Eastern today.  
    YashaXWellspringDakeruEponyxDamorGdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Too funny... after all the talk about how SpatialOS was the foundation which would enable them to build this incredibly feature rich game in an incredibly short time...

They are no longer using it.

Again... the Harbingers who warned about counting on unproven tech were proven right.  Funny how often that happens. 
    YashaXDakeruKyleranTalonsinGdemami

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited January 2018
    I don't recall who mentioned this a few days earlier, but reading that news update I too strongly believe that these people are role-playing a development team.

I mean, c'mon calling the programmers an "engineering guild"....lol
    YashaXDakeruAethaerynKyleran
    Galadourn said:
    I don't recall who mentioned this a few days earlier, but reading that news update I too strongly believe that these people are role-playing a development team.

I take credit for that one!

Galadourn

• BLNXBLNX Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Can someone give me a short dirty version of the off-site client? I did a quick skim through since I'll be on/off busy today, and they make it sound like they have a workable game but now no longer have a workable infrastructure for it?

They mentioned they are no longer using SpatialOS, will this affect their current client?
    In the King's Court, I choose to be the Jester.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Galadourn said:

Skip to 15:50 when the "combat developers" pull out nerf swords. I lost it laughing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging

Slapshot1188Galadourn

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited January 2018
    @Nilden
    To be fair, having a passion for what you do is not a bad thing.

Unfortunately, passion does not always guarantee aptitude or effectiveness. (in some cases, can actually be a smoke screen for lack of those).

anyway...

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Unless I read wrong, is Alpha the furthest they will get this year?
    edited January 2018
    OrangeBoy said:
    Unless I read wrong, is Alpha the furthest they will get this year?
    Since real numbers of players wont even be in the Vox Elyria (Minecraft Pre-Alpha) until April... I think they should be ecstatic if they reach Alpha.

Note they no longer post dates of when things will be done, just when they will start them  ;)

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I remember thinking 2018 was just on the borderline of the game retaining it's hype amongst the new MMOs coming out.

a 2019/2020 release is very very depressing.
  • daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275
    That was a great dev journal.

Lots of information.
    mystichaze
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Caspian is so long-winded.
  • dadazardadazar Member UncommonPosts: 40
    It seems here are some dedicated trolls reporting strangely engaged about a game they seem to have issues with. might be just fishing for.. whatever, or driven by hurted feelings..
    Constructive reporting, like one might claim to do, is something else. Propagating stigmating phrases, like "The Ivory Tower", is mostly found in manipulative "news", i think.
    DleatherusTalonsinmystichazeYashaXGdemamiStaalBurgher
    dadazar said:
    It seems here are some dedicated trolls reporting strangely engaged about a game they seem to have issues with. might be just fishing for.. whatever, or driven by hurted feelings..
    Constructive reporting, like one might claim to do, is something else. Propagating stigmating phrases, like "The Ivory Tower", is mostly found in manipulative "news", i think.
    Welcome to MMORPG.COM

Such astute observations in such a short time here...

If you’d like to discuss the topic feel free.  If you’d like to discuss “trolls” you are on the wrong forum.

Bestinna

• dadazardadazar Member UncommonPosts: 40
    dadazar said:
    Welcome to MMORPG.COM

Such astute observations in such a short time here...

If you’d like to discuss the topic feel free.  If you’d like to discuss “trolls” you are on the wrong forum.

The time i spend on this platform might be totaly irrelevant to obvious impressions. Tho, a lot of time here might becloud one mind, when i read some things here..
    Gdemami