Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of Elyria update from Caspien (Jan 2018)

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
edited January 2018 in Chronicles of Elyria
... delayed.  Will update when released :)

Update 10PM Eastern:   Now officially delayed until tomorrow.  See below for details.

Update 11AM: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/23401/A-Year-of-Foundation

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
Galadourn

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    So the usual for Elyria, then.
    Slapshot1188EponyxDamorpantaroGaladourn
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    ... delayed.  Will update when released :)

Delayed? Where is the source? (Public Announcement of release time)
    dadazar
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23325/adventure-introduction-sense-of-identity.

I don't see a date, nor time.

Executive Producer Vye will be showing off some of the progress the next time you see an update about this adventure. Creative Director Caspian is also working on the latest State of Elyria post, so be on the look out for that.

dadazar
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited January 2018
    Tiamat64 said:
    So the usual for Elyria, then.
      :) He apparently has a process where he goes through 3 revisions and allows the Inner Sanctum to review/suggest changes. So you know what he says is going to be supper accurate like last years when he said the community would be a million strong by now :smile:

This from Dec 2016(note he recently stated they have about 20k pledged accounts):
    But while my focus this year has been partly on 'sharing the gospel of CoE,' that can only take us so far. What will ultimately grow our community size from 100k this year to over 1M next year, is continued progress, an increase in the amount of public content, and more exposure to what matters the most - the game

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Haha. As usual, Slap can't back up what he says with proof.  So instead he tries to find something else to bitch about. *Looks very amused*
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Haha. As usual, Slap can't back up what he says with proof.  So instead he tries to find something else to bitch about. *Looks very amused*
    Slap has some sort of "source ' within the inner circle who may have shared some non public info.
    mystichazeSlapshot1188Galadourn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Slap has some sort of "source ' within the inner circle who may have shared some non public info.
    Really?  I am in all those circles and I haven't seen anything. In addition, to be delayed it would have had to have been a public announcement since it is about a public update. 

Your analogy makes absolutely no sense.  
    Kyleran said:
    Don't try to engage the Ivory Tower.  The only winning move is not to play their game.

Kyleran said:
    Don't try to engage the Ivory Tower.  The only winning move is not to play their game.

Indeed, don't provide sources and it makes me look like the fool. Not! 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Per chance would you happen to have other examples of "as usual" where Slap doesn't have evidence

Just curious. I mean, you called him out on this example and it seems you may have something here. However, I'm just wondering because you are trying to springboard this example into a pattern.

Just like to see it. 

The reason I am curious, is that from what I have seen, Slap is pretty meticulous about his information. And if you can show a pattern here, that I haven't seen, well....you know.

Otherwise, you are just undermining your own credibility.
    Slapshot1188GdemamiMMOreaver
    edited January 2018
    Per chance would you happen to have other examples of "as usual" where Slap doesn't have evidence

Just curious. I mean, you called him out on this example and it seems you may have something here. However, I'm just wondering because you are trying to springboard this example into a pattern.

Just like to see it. 

The reason I am curious, is that from what I have seen, Slap is pretty meticulous about his information. And if you can show a pattern here, that I haven't seen, well....you know.

I have, and when I have time to look back over the forums I will post them for you. Tonight is not the night though since I have other things to do. 

// Edited to add: Well I had a brief look and can't find the posts I am referring too but you can be certain I will be calling him out from now on. 
    Pingu2012Dullahan
    edited January 2018

Just like to see it. 

As an FYI... the source was Discord where Caspien stated his target was 6PM Eastern today.  The post was made to:
    1. Reserve space for the discussion of the Update
    2. Poke fun at the "delay" in the context of the game's history... as demonstrated by the first response :)

Again,  don't bother with the Ivory Tower.  You are arguing with someone that LITERALLY posted that "we have over 150,000 players invested through pledges"
    Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/470498/developer-seems-frustrated-that-publishers-dont-understand-coes-appeal/p5#bpVxSlgWyk235xGx.99

Caspien recently put the number around 20,000 per another Ivory Tower post.

Anyhow. Just hang tight.  The Update will be out shortly and fun will be had by all!

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

Just like to see it. 

I have, and when I have time to look back over the forums I will post them for you. Tonight is not the night though since I have other things to do. 
    Yet you still had time to respond. Honestly, I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have just noticed that you vigorously defend CoE. Concerning all the CoE threads, I think we all take it with a grain of salt, with Slap or anyone else. The game will speak for itself, whenever it is released.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis

Just like to see it. 

// Edited to add: Well I had a brief look and can't find the posts I am referring too but you can be certain I will be calling him out from now on. 
    So the usual for mystichaze, then.
    Slapshot1188

Just like to see it. 

Yet you still had time to respond. Honestly, I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have just noticed that you vigorously defend CoE. Concerning all the CoE threads, I think we all take it with a grain of salt, with Slap or anyone else. The game will speak for itself, whenever it is released.
    It takes a lot less time to respond, then to search through several different pages in several different threads.  However, whenever I have seen Slapshot proven wrong in something he immediately starts to bitch about something unrelated to the topic. 

Yes, I defend CoE when things are blatantly portrayed to beat the game down and make it appear to be something it is not (A perfect example is this thread). If there was anything written that caused a concern for me I would speak about that as well.  I also have some concerns and am curious how others are going to work, but until the game is further into production everything said now is just assumptions on both sides.

Slapshot still hasn't provided a source by saying Caspain stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said. 

Also Slap you really need to get over the 150000 thing, D corrected my mistake and
    I didn't feel there was any need to continue on with it. But since that is all you have, and you really like to repeat yourself I guess it can be expected.  This is a perfect example of you finding something else to bitch about that has nothing to do with the topic. 
    For the record it's now officially delayed until tomorrow:

Original statement regarding release today:

And official delay to tomorrow:

EponyxDamorGdemami

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

Just like to see it. 

It takes a lot less time to respond, then to search through several different pages in several different threads.  However, whenever I have seen Slapshot proven wrong in something he immediately starts to bitch about something unrelated to the topic. 

Yes, I defend CoE when things are blatantly portrayed to beat the game down and make it appear to be something it is not (A perfect example is this thread). If there was anything written that caused a concern for me I would speak about that as well.  I also have some concerns and am curious how others are going to work, but until the game is further into production everything said now is just assumptions on both sides.

Slapshot still hasn't provided a source by saying Caspain stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said. 

Also Slap you really need to get over the 150000 thing, D corrected my mistake and
    I didn't feel there was any need to continue on with it. But since that is all you have, and you really like to repeat yourself I guess it can be expected.  This is a perfect example of you finding something else to bitch about that has nothing to do with the topic. 
    https://i.imgur.com/3vnpl5A.png

Honestly, it didn't take much to find it. SoE has been *really* hyped on the Discord over the last several days.
    Slapshot1188
    edited January 2018
    Kyleran said:

See 2 posts above this one.  

Kind of breaking my rule... but when someone tees the ball up for you like that it's hard to resist.  Once again, my sources prove more reliable than the Ivory Tower :)

Gdemami

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Well, looking forward to seeing if they show something cool. I think even with the criticism it would be nice if they proved they could handle the project they've undertaken.

Then again, they've delayed posts or announcements like these incessantly and have given themselves a bad track record.

Still looking forward to the post 
    MMOreaver
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Just like to see it. 

You have just done the very thing you are criticizing Slap for doing in order to criticize him.
    Gdemami
    edited January 2018
    OrangeBoy said:
    Well, looking forward to seeing if they show something cool. I think even with the criticism it would be nice if they proved they could handle the project they've undertaken.

Then again, they've delayed posts or announcements like these incessantly and have given themselves a bad track record.

Still looking forward to the post 
    Wonder if he'll show anything tangible or if it'll just be more smoke and mirrors.
    Kyleran said:

Kind of breaking my rule... but when someone tees the ball up for you like that it's hard to resist.  Once again, my sources prove more reliable than the Ivory Tower :)

Ideally don't mean definitely, just saying. Discord chat is just that, chat with members, not promises. 
    Pingu2012

Just like to see it. 

https://i.imgur.com/3vnpl5A.png

Honestly, it didn't take much to find it. SoE has been *really* hyped on the Discord over the last several days.
    Had you been paying attention I wasn't looking for Caspain's Discord Quote. 
    Kyleran said:

Ideally don't mean definitely, just saying. Discord chat is just that, chat with members, not promises. 
    Breaking it again but this is just too rich.

I show a link with Caspien stating “State of Elyria will be released tomorrow” dated yesterday. After you whined over and over again that I didn’t show any link. Your very quote was “Slapshot still hasn’t provided a source by saying Caspian stated it on Discord. Copy and paste so folks can see exactly what was said”
    Now Discord doesn’t count.

The total disconnect from reality is staggering.  Even over something as insignificant as a one day delay in an update post.  If you hadn’t ranted and bumped this 9 times it would have faded until the Update tomorrow.  Instead all you did was allow me to show (once again) that I have better sources than the Ivory Tower.  I knew it was delayed while you claim above  “to be in all those circles” yet had no clue because it wasn’t publicly announced until around 10PM Eastern. Guess you need to up your donations or find a way to get better info.

But this is exactly why I have unilaterally decided to ignore the Ivory Tower. I broke my rules twice here but it shall not happen again.
    Pingu2012Gdemami

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Question, if you don't like the game at all, cant stand the developer. Why are you not only reserving discussion threads for said game but also hanging out in discord with them? Seems a little stalkerish or troll. Not trying to be rude but on every thread about CoE you are there non stop, if you don't like the game that much why are you putting in so much time for it? Is there some personal beef you have with the dev team or something?

Just seems theres got to be more to the story.
    mystichazeStaalBurgherMMOreaver