Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"You’re a bad player and you need to get better"

123457»

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2017
    "you are a bad player and need to get better"

If i was paid to enter a PvP competition, or just planned a friendly match with a group of people, then this statement would apply IMO.

On the other hand, If i just care about having fun in the game i'm playing then i don't give a salty biscuit about winning/losing a pvp encounter so i don't need to get better.

Enjoyment > chores

my thoughts. Getting better happens naturally the more you play, if you like the game enough to keep playing. No need to be pushy.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

"So you mean to tell me... if i'm constantly putting myself in unfavorable situations and die...  I'm a bad player?! ... HOW DARE YOU!!! UNFORGIVEABLE!!!!"

I see some disdain regarding the way this message was delivered but honestly I have to applaud Creative Director Todd Coleman. Lets not fool ourselves people, gamers aren't necessarily honest with themselves. In reality the gaming community is rampant with the spoiled, sensitive and entitled.  It's always the baddies who don't bother putting in the effort to understand the game who are first to write the most ridiculous review.... It's shameful.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Somebody must be leveling necromancy...
    JamesGoblinOctagon7711
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    This thread is still a thing? lol
    JamesGoblin
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    This is why this forum needs auto-lock or auto-archive of old threads. 
    It's like a horror anime.

"That discussion has been dead for 5 years." :worried:

"Well, it's back again. And it is pissed off!"
    JamesGoblin
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    "Return of the Living Thread?"

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]KajidourdenJamesGoblinCecropia
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited June 2017
    Iselin said:

The reality is that Crowfall is a F2P game: they want you no matter what and are trying to appeal to your ego since very few people consider themselves "bad."

Crowfall is not F2P, it is Buy-to-Play, buy once; play unlimited with a VIP monthly option that allows 2 added class only training lines to an account.   Most just get another account or more instead of VIP...

Amusing that the weak minded that would never survive a sandbox environment have to state how much they don't care for the community as being "toxic" yet live in mmo's with no real competition and kiddie rides.  Thank goodness Crowfall will bring some serious guilds back to play a proper game for keeps.   It is not elitest at all to simply say that some folks belong on the sidelines or in the bleachers while the players take the field.
    JamesGoblin
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Viper482 said:

Just got an email from these guys with this in the subject line, yes I was interested enough in the game to sign up for the newsletter. Might be done with that though.

“If you come into the game and immediately seek out a bunch of situations where you're going to be weak and then you get killed over and over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced. It means that you're a bad player and you need to get better.” 

– J. Todd Coleman, Creative Director

Not saying what they are saying is not true, but it is typical elitist speak in pvp games. It is never the game balance, it is you are just a bad player. Sometimes it is true, but many times it is just elitists being elitist. I expect this kind of talk from elitist players, I do not expect it from developers. If the people making it have this attitude just imagine the type of population it is going to attract.

If all the "bad" players left, most MMO's would quickly go out of business.
    JamesGoblin

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Viper482 said:

Just got an email from these guys with this in the subject line, yes I was interested enough in the game to sign up for the newsletter. Might be done with that though.

“If you come into the game and immediately seek out a bunch of situations where you're going to be weak and then you get killed over and over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced. It means that you're a bad player and you need to get better.” 

– J. Todd Coleman, Creative Director

Not saying what they are saying is not true, but it is typical elitist speak in pvp games. It is never the game balance, it is you are just a bad player. Sometimes it is true, but many times it is just elitists being elitist. I expect this kind of talk from elitist players, I do not expect it from developers. If the people making it have this attitude just imagine the type of population it is going to attract.

If all the "bad" players left, most MMO's would quickly go out of business.
    @Nightbringe1 Obviously, and J. Todd wants them to stay (after the likely initial shock) and maybe learn to play.

Of course, one won't achieve that just by a couple emailed lines; the game has to be good and relatively newb-friendly.
     W...aaagh?
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Why does this thread read a bit like Entitlement attitude?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    SEANMCAD said:

Only if you're an elitist.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited January 2018
    SEANMCAD said:

ironically that response sounds a bit like playing the victim. but to be fair I dont know anything about this game but not remotely surprised that a developer is getting blacklash for suggesting a player might be responsible for literally anything whatsoever. but I should move on.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

but not remotely surprised that a developer is getting blacklash for suggesting a player might be responsible for literally anything whatsoever. 
    I wish you were wrong, but in this case it is EXACTLY what is going on. Its like Rock, Paper, Scissors where the players get upset with the inventor of said game because paper always beats scissors.

Every class has a hard counter, group tactics and roles are encouraged. If you keep losing, you need to learn how to change that, aka get better, nothing personal.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

JamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Games have become so complimented lately with multiple currencies and tons of weapon types and skills to be considered that it can require a week or so of study to understand what's going on in a game world.  Plus with Devs constantly buffing and nerfing skills it can take a lot to understand the way a game works.  Pretty much gone are the days of just logging in and playing till you reach max level without research.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey