Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AKRacing Summit Gaming Desk Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAKRacing Summit Gaming Desk Review - MMORPG.com

Gamers distinguish themselves in many different ways, from the clothes they wear, to the hardware they use, and even in many cases, the food they eat. AKRacing is a company that caters to gamers, and now they’ve their very own gaming desk. Is it worth the $199 investment for the average gamer? We’re here to answer that question. This is our AKRacing Summit Gaming Desk.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I wish more desks had the ability to convert from sitting to standing, so that would be a Con for me.
    --------------------------------------------
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    What a terribly over priced basic desk design. The only pro would be the style because there isn't many desks that have a carbon fiber look, I can make any desk have a headset hook by buying a 68cent anchor from walmart and drilling it in the metal/wood.
    bartoni33JeffSpicoli
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Hashbrick said:

What a terribly over priced basic desk design. The only pro would be the style because there isn't many desks that have a carbon fiber look, I can make any desk have a headset hook by buying a 68cent anchor from walmart and drilling it in the metal/wood.

I agree. I see nothing indicating a $200 price point. No drawers, keyboard tray or stand for your PC.
    xxBoneZxx

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited January 2018
    As a grown man I would honestly be embarrassed to have this piece of "furniture" (I use that term lightly) in my home. Looking at the sides of the desk one has to assume this is marketed and designed for the 6-14 age group?

A Real gamer desk would include the following
    A beer holder or something that fits a energy drink if you are a wuss
    Built in tissue box (for those lonely nights, or when you need to de-stress from a failed dungeon run)
    Right Side mounted fire extinguisher because you "were warned putting a 980ti with a 280 watt PSU was a bad idea)
    Left Side mounted porta potty, because walking 12 feet to the bathroom is a hassle
    Mini Fridge foot rest sold separately

Junglecharlybartoni33Asm0deusTacticalZombehSamhael
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

DMKano said:

I wish more desks had the ability to convert from sitting to standing, so that would be a Con for me.

I have replaced my home office and work desks with standing desks 3 years ago. Never looked back.

Oh nice, which ones did you buy?
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

bartoni33 said:

Hashbrick said:

I agree. I see nothing indicating a $200 price point. No drawers, keyboard tray or stand for your PC.

everything you mentioned would be a con in my book. lol.
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    That's just a kitchen table with a speed racer background. I mean come on!

Here's my own desk, made it myself. 

bartoni33JeffSpicoli
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Surely worth $150 at least right?
    Junglecharly

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    bartoni33 said:

Surely worth $150 at least right?
    Maybe more but i am not gonna sell no matter the offer. So please do not insist. There's no way!
    bartoni33
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:

I have replaced my home office and work desks with standing desks 3 years ago. Never looked back.
    There are a few "gaming desks" that also utilize hydraulics so you can change the height of the desk.  I toyed with a few of them.  Similarly to this desk, aside from the hydraulics they didn't have any storage or keyboard trays.  

I think in comparison, it's good to have the added functionality as long as the price isn't way overblown, but, I do think this desk looks pretty good. They do have desk accessories to raise your monitor, keyboard and mouse, but it defeats the purpose of getting a desk like this that is built around a style.  I would have liked to have seen some more options for this desk to have at least some storage.  I'm not a big racing guy, but I like the carbon fiber. 

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

DMKano said:

I made the same exact switch. It is so much nicer to be able to stand or sit during gaming whenever you need to!

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I like the simplicity of it, but those decals... reminds me of the racecar bed that I wanted when I was 6.
    maskedweasel
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited January 2018

Looks like this guy used similar parts from ikea! http://www.pcgamer.com/a-year-of-pc-gaming-with-a-standing-desk/
    Junglecharly

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

http://www.evodesk.com/gaming-desk
    https://www.upliftdesk.com/#

and if you need something built to last http://benchpro.com/ which I have in my lab/shop.
    Wellspring
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:

http://www.evodesk.com/gaming-desk
    https://www.upliftdesk.com/#

and if you need something built to last http://benchpro.com/ which I have in my lab/shop.
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'll check those out. 
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271

bartoni33 said:

Hashbrick said:

Yup ,,, they put the word "Gaming" on it and charge 5x the price!!! But hell you know all that cool bling will give you 5% more FPS,,,,,,,
  • gamingdeskchoodgamingdeskchood Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    We have a website a review based best buyer guide where we have posted about different kinds of gaming tools, gadgets, and accessories. You can check it out. https://thetechyboss.com/corner-gaming-desk/