Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Most Wanted MMO of 2018 is.........PANTHEON: RISE OF THE FALLEN! - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Comments

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Yay! Grats to Rise of the Flop once new players can't go anywhere because they can't get a group!
    BlacklabelcaliJamesGoblinDullahanTillerRimefangSiugmonkeyface01DeVoDeVojjfmarineinfomatz
  • JaddenJadden Member UncommonPosts: 13

shalissar said:

Yay! Grats to Rise of the Flop once new players can't go anywhere because they can't get a group!

I think there will be plenty of players at low levels to help get a group and even if there isn't there will be a mentor system in the game to help new players along.
    BlacklabelcalichezafierceJLStewart1778Rimefangmonkeyface01
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited January 2018
    Yes, lets make a poll and act all daft like lowbrow developers ain't sending their fanbois over in droves to pump the numbers. Then lets do an announcement of winner bump, while feigning obtuseness.

C'mon son. Just make the poll, bump it and keep it moving. Don't insult the collective intelligence of your readership because you want to RP as Hodor.
    ManWithNoTan
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    edited January 2018

I didn't vote because there isn't anything I'm looking forward to, how depressing is that.

I guess grats to VR and their no-life raiding game.  This prize and a nickel will buy them a piece of bubble gum. 

I love somehow that I have a job that is 60+ hours a week, a wife, a family and somehow find time to go to the gym and play video games every night.  Yet I am a no-life piece of shit because I can manage time and this game appeals to me. 
    SBFordRimefangAlomarLeozaurLackingMMO
  • GavyneGavyne Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Doesn't surprise me, this site has a large chunk of old school enthusiasts eagerly awaiting for the next old school remake.  Where as for players actively playing other successful & popular MMO's out there, they are on other sites/forums and don't really visit here often.

Good for Pantheon.  Hope Brad McQuaid can finish the game this time and launch it content & tech ready.
    JemAs666RimefangAlomarbcbully

Played: EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-LOTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO-BDO
    Waiting For: CU & Vanilla WoW

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Well good thing I did not vote cause to be honest nothing on that list has my attention besides seeing what Anthem ends up being but other then that not enough info to vote. But hey good luck to those devs I hope your game is as good as many here voted but I do not think it will be any different then the games it is mimicing like Vanguard and or EQ does not sound good to me at all.
    pantaroDeVoDeVoManWithNoTan

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    pantheon is the last hope for tons of mmorpg players (me included)
    JLStewart1778RimefangBruceYeedcutbi001bcbully[Deleted User]
  • scooby1971scooby1971 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Congrats Pantheon and judging by the comments a much more mature community - well deserved.
    BruceYeedcutbi001bcbully
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
      I am really looking forward to this game. We will finally be getting a spiritual successor to Everquest, (EQ 2 is a completely different play style). It will be refreshing to see and play in a modern Everquest type game. Well mostly modern....graphically..if it was 2012, but modern in every other aspect if 2003 was still considered modern.

I really cant wait for this because me and the other 2500 people in this niche can stop playing p99 and Agnaar and play a new game with new content to experience and will reward us anti-social gamers to be social again by /lfg and not being able to solo content as fast. So the question is I wonder how many toons my pc can box! :wink: 

JustsomenoobRimefangcameltosis

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    MaxBacon said:
    Rarely hear of any crowdfunded title outside of sites like these.

Even SC is completely anonymous aside from those of us who like to keep a pulse on the industry.  I have precisely zero friends who know what Pantheon, SC, AoC, CoE, CU, or Crowfall are.
    I mean you hear more about other crowdfunded titles than this one, for example here on the search trends of google: https://i.imgur.com/At5HC7l.png

Ofc SC is SC as usual, but the top wanted game on this site really trends low and I find interesting how here the trends are so different than what people are actually searching for.
    True, but being the largest out of such a small overall pool isn't too significant.

To put another way: having 80% versus 10% of the share sounds like a significant difference, until you realize 80% or 0.8 and 10% is 0.1, then it's less than one point and neither is a very large number.

While it may not seem like it here, we all know watching games develop isn't a very popular past time, even within our own beloved hobby. ;)

• nameusernameuser Member UncommonPosts: 43
    2018? Star Citizen will come out b4 Pantheon... and that like in 2030
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I am glad that Pantheon won. I was getting nervous that Ashes (The Amway of MMO's) was going to win. I miss the old school ways of doing things. 

Hope this poll shows investors, that there is a niche, but rabid fan base that wants Pantheon to happen. 
    BruceYee
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited January 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    Rarely hear of any crowdfunded title outside of sites like these.

Even SC is completely anonymous aside from those of us who like to keep a pulse on the industry.  I have precisely zero friends who know what Pantheon, SC, AoC, CoE, CU, or Crowfall are.
    I mean you hear more about other crowdfunded titles than this one, for example here on the search trends of google: https://i.imgur.com/At5HC7l.png

Ofc SC is SC as usual, but the top wanted game on this site really trends low and I find interesting how here the trends are so different than what people are actually searching for.

Pantheon asks for cash to post on their official forums.  That is why a lot of their fans are using the forums here as a sort of quasi-official forum.  The developers post here sometimes, as well, which bolsters that.

The fans of that game are pretty hardcore, even if they aren't very numerous.  This has the result of slanting polls on this site because they generally respond to everything the game is mentioned in.

On their website their more information on the pledge packages than the game itself.
    Dullahanmonkeyface01dcutbi001LackingMMO
  • SittingBoxSittingBox Member UncommonPosts: 1
    RIGGED how did AOC loose it was 10% ahead now it like 8% behind
    When you have a fan base willing to vote, and a discord of 200+ people, votes are easy to acquire.
  • 1AD71AD7 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Glad to see Pantheon take this home ... I haven't so much as considered another MMO since joining the community over a year ago. Congratulations to AoC for a second place finish!
    KilsinKendaren62
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    Now lets hope VR delivers on making Pantheon a good game.

Thats all that matters - the end result.

Being most wanted without anyone playing the final product means diddly squat
    Now this ... this is profound ...........whod a thunk it
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Bless Online, here. No kickstarter reward sass that cannot be earned after launch. I like playing as a collector, and when someone else looks badass due to some cosmetic item for pre-ordering a game within a 30-day kickstarter period... annoys me. I can't help it.

I just wish rewards were given through in-game efforts... not efforts for supporting years before launch etc... most of the time before many people even hear about the campaign.
    ManWithNoTanLeozaur
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Sounds a bit too "more of the same" to me, but the emphasis on playing together and being social is intriguing.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited January 2018

MaxBacon said:

I can't get into the appeal of Pantheon, it's like peeps on this site all crazy about it then outside of it you rarely hear of the game. O_o

To be fair, it gets mentioned in a few of the GW2 related Discord channels I am on, and in Guild Chat, on occasion, along with Crowfall. Crowfall mainly because I play WvW, and there is a bit of a growing desire for a better WvW set up, and Crowfall seems to offer that. Pantheon.. because we have a lot of Old School games who know the name Brad 'The vision" McQuaid, and are recovering EQ addicts.. if you can call playing GW2 "recovering". but none the less, any MMO made by him will get a mention, and I wager an earnest try. While "excited" may not be the right term.. there is no doubt interest.
    KumaponKendaren62Mensur
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    2018 is a bit optimistic...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    wow this is a joke, haha thats what i thought at first. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • anthonyw.grayanthonyw.gray Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I was trying to figure out all the hype behind this game, and I still don't get it. Nostalgia can only do so much, and I have no intention of stepping back to the 90s as if it was some magical golden age for MMOs. This game is on par with Eve Online, the very defintion of "niche".
  • PowerlessPowerless Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Sorry, but this list is just dumb! The fact that The Crew 2 is even in the list is just ridiculous. Most amazing part is Pantheon winning the whole thing besides games such as Bless and AoC, which are of much higher quality in terms of design, gameplay and graphics. Either way, we'll see how the game fairs after release.. not expecting much tbh but every game needs a chance.
  • ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    edited January 2018
    another generic POS MMORPG .. GG. MMORPG's died years ago... The golden age of MMO's is long over. There is no going back to the time when you were so amazed at entering this online world for first time. 1999 - 2004 was the golden age of MMORPG's. Bow down niggas
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Huh, there isn't a single game on that list I'm interested in trying. That's a first.