Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Most Wanted MMO of 2018 is.........PANTHEON: RISE OF THE FALLEN! - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Most Wanted MMO of 2018 is.........PANTHEON: RISE OF THE FALLEN! - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen News

You, our readers, have spoken. After the closing of the voting period and counting each and every selection, the winner of the Most Wanted MMO of 2018 is none other than Visionary Realms' Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

BrunlinOzmodan

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    *slams down Pantheon banner* YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert war cry here)
    Binny45KilsinBrunlinRimefangmonkeyface01McGamer
  • NizamuhdeenNizamuhdeen Member UncommonPosts: 3
    RIGGED how did AOC loose it was 10% ahead now it like 8% behind
    andainicSignexMaurgrimNephethDullahanSittingBoxRimefangAlomarSiugHaplosand 3 others.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Last few years have been like living in the Twilight Zone

kidding
    pantaroJamesGoblinRimefang
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• sarielissarielis Member UncommonPosts: 25

It's called duplicate accounts
    ForgottenEntitySignexkrulerKilsinNephethRimefangAlomarmonkeyface01Apridisekillerqueer
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I would've voted for Pantheon had I come across the poll on my own. However, I abstained from voting after receiving an email from VR asking me to vote for them yesterday. I wasn't sure if campaigning for votes was against the rules or not, and didn't want to skew the results.

None the less, glad to see Pantheon won.
    AlomarMcGamer
    --------------------------------------------
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2018

Go to the forum post associated with this article for a detailed explanation of how the votes were tabulated. That's why the link was put in the article and if you had bothered to read through it, you would understand.

https://www.mmorpg.com/awards/players-choice-2017-the-most-wanted-mmo-1000012375

We categorically do NOT rig anything here and never have. Here: I'll even make it easy for you. This is from one of the site owners, Meddle:

I'm done parsing the vote data. The final numbers are now shown in the original article.

The logic used for parsing the poll data is the same we use for our Sweepstakes system. Without going into exact detail about how our logic works it involves such things as throwing out votes with duplicate IP addresses above a specific count, use of proxies for creating accounts for voting plus other rules we've developed and continually evolve to ensure the most honest result set possible within the confines of the data we collect. Congratulations to the winners!

pantaroSignexFangrimScottJeslisitchmonRolanStormKilsinRimefangSiugmonkeyface01and 8 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    on a side note it also won for game that will disappoint most in 2018 lol
    JamesGoblinshalissarKyleranesc-joconnornameuserRimefangdjnj2000McGamerkinkyJalepenoApridiseand 2 others.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The most wanted of 2018 is something that won't be launch ready in 2018.
    nameuserApridiseLeozaur
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Good luck :)
    monkeyface01
  • SyrifSyrif Member CommonPosts: 1
    Oh, Pantheon of course :)
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    You should create a rating for most disappointing games. I bet a lot of those "most anticipated" will be very close to the top of "the most disappointing".

Like TESO and The Division can easily beat the rest of the games in this decade by the ugliness of characters (out of those which tries to create realistic characters).
    Leozaur

Thank you for your time!

• JaddenJadden Member UncommonPosts: 13

Shaigh said:

And it won nonetheless , it just shows how much people really want a game like this.
    Sovrathbng28KilsinPeco115RimefangSiugmonkeyface01Thuplidcutbi001
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Wow at that list. It makes me sad ..
    Blacklabelcalidcutbi001

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

I didn't vote because there isn't anything I'm looking forward to, how depressing is that.

I guess grats to VR and their no-life raiding game.  This prize and a nickel will buy them a piece of bubble gum. 

JaddenJemAs666RimefangSiugmonkeyface01MendelLeozaur
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    First time the one i voted for won!
    [Deleted User]Karnage69

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Pantheon FTW.
    KilsinRimefangBruceYeeSiug

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Have hardly seen any of the game yet,so no way could i say "i want it".What i do  hope is that it turns out good because nothing else has a chance to be good under my standards.

I am not holding my breath for any of these games so i went back to play some Eq2 to keep me busy for a while.
    BlacklabelcaliBruceYee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Jadden said:

Shaigh said:

And it won nonetheless , it just shows how much people really want a game like this.
    Means nothing really, hardcore fans can just make alt accounts just to vote, been going on for years on this site.
    Sinsai
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Maurgrim said:
    Jadden said:

Shaigh said:

Means nothing really, hardcore fans can just make alt accounts just to vote, been going on for years on this site.
    Suzie's post addresses the idea that alt accounts determined the results.
    Leozaur

• JaddenJadden Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Yeah, but they scrubbed the duplicate ip addresses. Still possible but harder. People are underestimating the want for a game like Pantheon and will be shocked when it releases.
    HaplosLeozaur
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I can't get into the appeal of Pantheon, it's like peeps on this site all crazy about it then outside of it you rarely hear of the game. O_o
    AlomarLeozaurkillerqueer
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    MaxBacon said:
    I can't get into the appeal of Pantheon, it's like peeps on this site all crazy about it then outside of it you rarely hear of the game. O_o
    Rarely hear of any crowdfunded title outside of sites like these.

Even SC is completely anonymous aside from those of us who like to keep a pulse on the industry.  I have precisely zero friends who know what Pantheon, SC, AoC, CoE, CU, or Crowfall are.
    monkeyface01kinkyJalepenoXarkoDulu

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Visionary Realms telling their fanbois to vote like:
    NephethRimefangmonkeyface01
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2018
    Rarely hear of any crowdfunded title outside of sites like these.

Even SC is completely anonymous aside from those of us who like to keep a pulse on the industry.  I have precisely zero friends who know what Pantheon, SC, AoC, CoE, CU, or Crowfall are.
    I mean you hear more about other crowdfunded titles than this one, for example here on the search trends of google: https://i.imgur.com/At5HC7l.png

Ofc SC is SC as usual, but the top wanted game on this site really trends low and I find interesting how here the trends are so different than what people are actually searching for.