Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen, I am disappointed.

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The reality is the longer Star Citizen takes to release (complete their vision/game) the less amazing the game seems. Thats the problem with opening Early Access or having a playable alpha into beta. You play these half baked incomplete games, kinda enjoy them and then by the time they are actually finished 2 or 3 years later you are completely sick of the game
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    Man eats half baked cake then complains 'it don't taste good'.
    >>>

THIS.

But isnt it more like this...

Man is shown video after video of how awesome the cake will be on wednesday and asked to keep giving money to the chef to bake the cake.  Wednesday comes around and the cake is served half baked but the chef complains they needed more time even though it was the chef who said the cake would be ready by wednesday.

P.S. Chefs wife states the cake is still in alpha and should not be judged by the promotional videos that showed it to be delicious and those videos were just puffery which is a perfectly legal marketing tactic.
    Moxom914RaquisMaxBaconsgelKefoNephethZenJelly
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2018
    Talonsin said:
    Man is shown video after video of how awesome the cake will be on wednesday and asked to keep giving money to the chef to bake the cake.  Wednesday comes around and the cake is served half baked but the chef complains they needed more time even though it was the chef who said the cake would be ready by wednesday.

P.S. Chefs wife states the cake is still in alpha and should not be judged by the promotional videos that showed it to be delicious and those videos were just puffery which is a perfectly legal marketing tactic.
    Other chefs, like we see all around, would grab the half-baked cake and call it done so it would be ready by Wednesday. :)

SC chooses to keep baking the cake letting you taste it as they go.

Now does it taste raw? That's a shocker...
    ErillionZenJelly
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited January 2018
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    Man eats half baked cake then complains 'it don't taste good'.
    >>>

THIS.

But isnt it more like this...

No it's not....

The Wednesday date was for the muffin, not the 7 tier wedding cake he agreed to buy instead. This is the same guy who never could figure out how that shape sorter worked and demanded a refund claiming it was broken.

Here we can see a brave bright young mind trying to explain it to him, but alas it was to no avail:

MrMelGibson
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    As someone who is just a tourist in the Star Citizen drama, I was under the impression that the release of this 3.0 was going to shut up everyone. Now it seems that those who made those "hints" changed their minds.
    Believe it or not, it was the haters who brought up that whole "3.0 the Jesus Patch" to polarize the whole thing.

3.0 is a major patch, the biggest patch the game has gotten actually, and that is what was promoted. But those who were acting up like 3.0 would not come with the issues the alpha implies, were falling on their own unrealistic expectations.

Where’s my wrong buzzer?

fans hyped up the 3.0 patch as the greatest patch to come because it was going to fix the net code and all of the crappy FPS because that’s what CIG promised.

“Haters” called it the Jesus patch because fans were praising it before even seeing it. Then surprise surprise 3.0 drops and everyone is told oh we were promising these network fixes to improve the game by a long shot but we ran into issues so it’s pushed back to a different patch.

If you don’t want the haters to polarize things then tell the saviour of PC gaming to shut his mouth and let his dev team work and to not make promises that they have no idea if they can keep or not
    MaxBaconNepheth
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>
    If you don’t want the haters to polarize things...
    >>>

They can do everything they want. They do not matter.

Have fun

Orinori
    MaxBacon said:
    Talonsin said:

Other chefs, like we see all around, would grab the half-baked cake and call it done so it would be ready by Wednesday. :)

SC chooses to keep baking the cake letting you taste it as they go.

Now does it taste raw? That's a shocker...
    Then SC is pretty stupid because by the time the cake is ready everyone will have had their fill of the floury cake and be tired of it when it finally finishes baking in 10 years and people have moved on to the cake that was baked in half the time and is better then the 10 year one.
    MaxBacon
    edited January 2018
    Kefo said:
    Where’s my wrong buzzer?

fans hyped up the 3.0 patch as the greatest patch to come because it was going to fix the net code and all of the crappy FPS because that’s what CIG promised.

“Haters” called it the Jesus patch because fans were praising it before even seeing it. Then surprise surprise 3.0 drops and everyone is told oh we were promising these network fixes to improve the game by a long shot but we ran into issues so it’s pushed back to a different patch.

If you don’t want the haters to polarize things then tell the saviour of PC gaming to shut his mouth and let his dev team work and to not make promises that they have no idea if they can keep or not
    No.

People like you did, I think several times on this forum the persons referencing to this "jesus patch" were not the fans, it was just obviously weaponized to feed posting agendas of the need to dismiss Star Citizen as much as possible for many years now on this game forum.

Playing that narrative to generalize and polarize the fans of this game with extreme generalizations (to implying the fans this and that) to be able to make sensationalist yet hollow posts.

What else is new...
    Nepheth
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kefo said:
    Then SC is pretty stupid because by the time the cake is ready everyone will have had their fill of the floury cake and be tired of it when it finally finishes baking in 10 years and people have moved on to the cake that was baked in half the time and is better then the 10 year one.
    I only see the hint of a cupcake elsewhere, nothing that remotely compares to the cake. I prefer to wait for the cake .... and pinch a bit while the cake is being made.

Have fun 
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Where’s my wrong buzzer?

No.

People like you did, I think several times on this forum the persons referencing to this "jesus patch" were not the fans, it was just obviously weaponized to feed posting agendas of the need to dismiss Star Citizen as much as possible for many years now on this game forum.

Playing that narrative to generalize and polarize the fans of this game with extreme generalizations to be able to make sensationalist yet hollow posts.

What else is new...
    Lol people like me. You mean people who call out the bullshit of the creator when it happens and then get labelled a hater because people don’t like being told they keep falling for the same crap?

No sorry the fans hyped the 3.0 patch as the big patch that would prove us haters wrong, Derek Smart called it the Jesus patch and it stuck. Of course when 3.0 came out it was more like the marshmallow peep patch and not the Jesus patch.
    MaxBacon
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    I only see the hint of a cupcake elsewhere, nothing that remotely compares to the cake. I prefer to wait for the cake .... and pinch a bit while the cake is being made.

Have fun 
    I’d rather eat a cupcake then be constantly reminded to keep buying the same cake over and over again and we promise it’s going to taste amazing even though we’ve never actually made anything before so you have to take it on faith we won’t suck.
    MaxBacon
    The Star Citizen cake

Erillionkikoodutroa8ZenJelly
    edited January 2018
    Kefo said:
    Lol people like me. You mean people who call out the bullshit of the creator when it happens and then get labelled a hater because people don’t like being told they keep falling for the same crap?

No sorry the fans hyped the 3.0 patch as the big patch that would prove us haters wrong, Derek Smart called it the Jesus patch and it stuck. Of course when 3.0 came out it was more like the marshmallow peep patch and not the Jesus patch.
    hmmm :p those people!

The fans hyped 3.0. 

3.0 is the biggest patch the game has gotten.

3.0 proves the haters wrong in its way, the biggest argument as usual, and same as your biggest argument "things aren't real until they are released" to dismiss the demoed gameplay, now it is released, it is there, independent of bugs/fps.

Of course, now you spin your argument to be about something else, and I predicted this here many months ago "once 3.0 releases and the things that were demoed are there, the argument will be about its bugs and issues"; and here we are.

This became so predictable now these discussions are just meh.
    OrinoriErillionrpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited January 2018

I’d love to take apart this eurogamer article. I’m thinking of writing a letter to the editor.

This is almost as #fakenews as@cnn!

Incredible how he puts out all this statements... FPS?? He didn’t ask me how my FPS are.. did he ask you before he posted that s@&$”y article?

He didn’t ask me if I like it... but he must have a very deep understanding when it comes to CIG. Apparently he already knows exactly what the final game will look like.... ((((DS anybody???)))))

STAR CITIZEN IS NOT A GAME YET!!!!!!!!!! Gosh I hope the guy can read it if it’s all caps...

Star citizen is an idea, that 300 people work on... you moorhuhns are just able to to complain about it coz it’s in “open development”

Meaning no freggin huge company behind their backs telling them how,what,when.why..... it is going to be a game that we the players helped develop. Imagine if SC would be in closed development, like most AAA games.. and you hear every year a bit about it and see some screenshots.

Would you complain? Well yes! You’ll still cry like a snowflake .... when are they gonna release... it’s fake ... it’s this it’s that... same issue...

We the backers! We have backed this project... knowing full well it is an idea! It is to become a game. When it is ready. It will never please all... and it’s not supposed to! When you write an article control your bias...

Look. Star Citizen has changed, I don’t love everything they do and I’d like to see some changes in certain areas... but who cares.. others love those exact things I don’t... it will be a great game when it’s done... and if it’s not.... then write an article of how bad it is... but what you do now is... you look at a piece of land where the foundation was laid.. and you say... hey this thing doesn’t even have a door... how can I get in... and look where can I cook my ham... there is no kitchen...

Cmon... good sir!!!! Please if you need the clicks I understand. But at least put a disclaimer at the end saying... all the above is an opinion and is should be considered fiction... or rant with no basis..

A beautiful meltdown from the crybaby subreddit.
    MaxBacon
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion, MaxBacon, Orinori

Take away these 3 and literally no one else defends SC at this point.

MrMelGibsonMaxBacon
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Company sells and serves perpetually half baked cake so it never has to be accountable for bad taste.

The perfect ruse.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited January 2018
    Erillion, MaxBacon, Orinori

Take away these 3 and literally no one else defends SC at this point.
    Defend what?

This is the opinion of a guy. There are many opinions. The fact @rpmcmurphy only posts the negative stuff because of the usual posting agendas doesn't mean the other side does not exist.

Some are busy playing and having fun with Star Citizen, others on hating, naysaying on anything and everything that relates to this game. What else is new? :)

Many people do not engage in this discussions because this is not a good place to discuss SC, just a good place to naysay SC.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    To be honest, I thought that the article, while well-written, might point to misplaced expectations. 

Nevermind about polish and frame rates. Those are totally valid issues and items that you'd expect to see tightened up closer to a largers scale release. I'm talking about the expectation of fun. Remember that this is a space SIMULATION. Elite Dangerous suffers from this same issue, as does EVE for a large part. If you're expectation is endless action then you're probably looking in the wrong place. That's sort of the temperature I got from this early review. Sims aren't for everyone and maybe not for this guy. Fuck, "The Sims" is similarly boring to me when I'd just like to go out and shoot something up. However, that isn't to say that "The Sims" isn't a great game, for what it is. 

Honestly, I think that the expectations the author has are somewhat misplaced on Star Citizen. I would strongly suggest that he ignores Star Citizen completely and, like many of us, wait for SQ42 instead. Otherwise, take it for what it is, it's a VERY real-to-life simulation of life in space and, SHOCKER!!, walking on a deserted planet for hours is boring. 

Ultimately I think that what can be taken from this are that the graphics are second to none, and it has fucked frame rates (probably not unexpected based on prior issues). 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    9 women can NOT make a baby in one month.

Such impatient, bitchy, and jaded "gamers" lease days.

Might help to pursue a new hobby for a "forever".

Orinori said:
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    Trixxell said:
    Good article, all valid points.
    Sure they are! If your point is Star Citizen isn't complete yet. This is big news to everyone I am sure and well worth every ones time :D
    Well that is his point, SC isn't complete yet, nor does he feel they've made much progress towards being complete.

When do they plan to launch then? Until you have at least an estimate, all criticism regarding the lack of progress or delay in delivery is valid.

It does not matter what is accomplished to date, only how much work/time is left to reach a MVP state so players can experience the entire game as it is has been promised to be.

Sure, 3.0 was totally insignificant progress and this report that the game plays like it isn't finished is amazing news and worrying about mvp date that they are obviously moving towards helps everyone tremendously! 

BOOO HOOO BUT IT TAKING SOOOO LOOOONG WAHHHHHHHHH!
    Toxic poster.

This kind of toxic poster?

EponyxDamor
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Orinori said:
    The Star Citizen cake

Half of it is probably not edible, therefore good comparison.
    Pingu2012MrMelGibson
    edited January 2018
    edit: worried that one might have been to risque so deleted just in case!
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I don't know how many of you have baked cakes before...  it doesn't seem like very many...   

but in general when you bake a cake, even if it's half baked, or not baked at all, it still generally tastes good, hence why so many people enjoy eating cake batter.  

That being said, this analogy only really works with cakes...  as "half baked" games are usually pretty bad, nor do they taste good.

Without any real metrics or target dates to determine what condition a game should be in, it's tough to say if something is in "good condition" at this current stage.  Then again, with their primary funding being expansive and nobody really holding them accountable, they can screw off as much as they like too.

So basically nothing matters. 

I don't know how many of you have baked cakes before...  it doesn't seem like very many...   

but in general when you bake a cake, even if it's half baked, or not baked at all, it still generally tastes good, hence why so many people enjoy eating cake batter.  

That being said, this analogy only really works with cakes...  as "half baked" games are usually pretty bad, nor do they taste good.

Without any real metrics or target dates to determine what condition a game should be in, it's tough to say if something is in "good condition" at this current stage.  Then again, with their primary funding being expansive and nobody really holding them accountable, they can screw off as much as they like too.

So basically nothing matters. 
    I think depends on the cake, the cake usually has the Sugar factor to it so it always tastes good.

But it never applies to games because the nature of things like bugs, lack of content and performance are usually the factors that would affect that "taste".

I think Star Citizen 3.0 is a good release, it does need fixing and optimizing because its problem is not the fact what they have done feature-wise is bad, is simply because from the low FPS servers to the breaking bugs it easily disrupts your play session.

So aside from those issues, Star Citizen 3.0 is a "tasty cake", this of course considering that SC is a simulation game and that is not everyone's cake by default.
  • KezBotKezBot Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I have learned something very important about myself as a backer of SC.    I like playing games but I really don’t want to invest myself in learning about the details of game development.
    OrinoriErillionArglebargleMrMelGibson