Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netmarble to Celebrate 5M Registered Users with Events & Gifts - Lineage 2 Revolution - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageNetmarble to Celebrate 5M Registered Users with Events & Gifts - Lineage 2 Revolution - MMORPG.com

Lineage 2 Revolution News - Netmarble's Lineage 2: Revolution has only been out for about two months and it has already scored over five million registered users. To celebrate its players, the company will be handing out five free Enhance Scrolls to everyone. In addition, a number of in-game events will take place throughout the balance of the month to provide even more rewards for players.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Aori said:

I've been having fun with the game, I'm in a top clan on Aden02, they're fun people. We have a bitter rivalry with another clan, a lot of hunting each other down, interrupting grinds, it is a pretty impressive MMO experience for a mobile game if you like PvP and player politics.

Whiteshade92TheScavenger
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

Aori said:

I've been having fun with the game, I'm in a top clan on Aden02, they're fun people. We have a bitter rivalry with another clan, a lot of hunting each other down, interrupting grinds, it is a pretty impressive MMO experience for a mobile game if you like PvP and player politics.

Weird, I thought this was the game that just plays for you? It's all I have ever seen people do - just use the included "botting" feature, lol.
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    azurrei said:

Aori said:

Weird, I thought this was the game that just plays for you? It's all I have ever seen people do - just use the included "botting" feature, lol.
    That's probably because you've never played the game. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Tried it, just another bad pay-to-win game.  Bet more than 4 million accounts tried it and found what a money sink it is and quit playing.
    Whiteshade92
  • congtran17congtran17 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Ozmodan said:

Tried it, just another bad pay-to-win game.  Bet more than 4 million accounts tried it and found what a money sink it is and quit playing.

agreed, u can start out lvl 1 with all end gear stuff, and there arent much to do in end game beside the daily stuff, which u can finish in like 30 mins and then leave your character afk farm all day, which isnt playing game any longer, that is just the AI play the game while u watch.
  • MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I just started it playing casualy. After 1 week I am lvl 44 and it is still entertaining. I will not pay a dime for it - just want to see how far I can get as F2P player.

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    This is by far, the most P2W game i've ever played/saw .

I mean , it's INSANELY P2W. Moreover , their price are .. unbelievable high. You pay 50$ for 2 mil adena ( in-game currency ) . I mean..really ?! And I saw a youtube player which spent around 2 mil adena in .. 15 mins?

And this is something I am very much thinking about. A lot of players are crying over P2P games "but !!! i don't want to pay 15$ a month because....you know, I am not playing it every day" . Well then , go pay 50$ for some in-game currency on a game which probably , you'll play no more then say .. 30 days in which , you will spend not only 50$, but more , because if you are dumb enough to spent that much money for some in-game advantages, you will probably pay more then that in..30 days.

I would also like to added that ( if you are that type of a player ) , YOU are the reason why this market is shit this days, and I will bash you wherever I can. STOP throwing money to games like this , or to KS "awesome projects" !!

/rantoff

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    For a Mobile game I love it.  It hits all the MMO checkboxes for me,..but of course, in a simpler way due to mobile.  

I am level cap 120, all SR gear, couple a rares.  I have not spent one dime on it. 

Can it be pvp ganky? sure,..like normal mmo's,..is the chat toxic?  Hell yeah,..Barrens chat. leet Bruh,..talk.  

I ignore it an play with my clan.  It's fine. 

Now if a developer would come out with a GOOD MMO for PC finally I'd be on it.  But it's slim pick'ens out there.  Though,  I see no turn around from the f2p cash shop mentality any time soon unfortunately.

RemyVorender

Tabloid42 said:

For a Mobile game I love it.  It hits all the MMO checkboxes for me,..but of course, in a simpler way due to mobile.  

I am level cap 120, all SR gear, couple a rares.  I have not spent one dime on it. 

Can it be pvp ganky? sure,..like normal mmo's,..is the chat toxic?  Hell yeah,..Barrens chat. leet Bruh,..talk.  

I ignore it an play with my clan.  It's fine. 

Now if a developer would come out with a GOOD MMO for PC finally I'd be on it.  But it's slim pick'ens out there.  Though,  I see no turn around from the f2p cash shop mentality any time soon unfortunately.

I'm in the same boat as you. This game is different enough from the WoW style MMORPGs that I actually enjoy it. I'm max level, full rares, in a great clan, and do clan raids / pvp all of the time without spending a dime. I might quit if a decent MMORPG ever comes out again but no need to sit and twiddle my thumbs while waiting on that. I'll die of old age!
  • erraticfunerraticfun Member CommonPosts: 5
    is just my opinion ofcourse,

but i fail to understand how you ''play'' a game that plays by it itself... i tried so many mmos on mobile, but all same...
    a UI with a bunch of useless icons, were u spend like 15mins tapping to get a bunch of crap items.. this lineage have a bunch of those, even subcategories for rewards is just retartded. and then the only thing we do is upgrade armour and tap quest :S thats it !! the game does all by itself with very rare exceptions :x

this is just like facebook farmville type game.. probably farmville has more interaction then this lineage or any other mobile mmo has...

then again, just mine and my friends circle opinion.
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Downloading...

Ridelynn

but i fail to understand how you ''play'' a game that plays by it itself... i tried so many mmos on mobile, but all same...

a UI with a bunch of useless icons, were u spend like 15mins tapping to get a bunch of crap items.. this lineage have a bunch of those, even subcategories for rewards is just retartded. and then the only thing we do is upgrade armour and tap quest :S thats it !! the game does all by itself with very rare exceptions :x

this is just like facebook farmville type game.. probably farmville has more interaction then this lineage or any other mobile mmo has...

In the end, the only things this game automates for you is grinding of easy mobs and fetch 10/kill 10 quests. I guess the way I think of it is this:

Which part of MMORPGS do I truly enjoy? Is it the mind numbing kill x quests? Or is it the guild raids, end game dungeons, clan warfare, character development?

For me, I enjoy the latter. I'm so tired of the WoW style questing I would much rather the game do that for me while I complete real life tasks. Then I take over and do the things I find fun with my clan. To each their own however.
    Krynt0k
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    edited January 2018

I agree with you my friend. I Stopped playing after hitting 60+ it was too much clicking on the red dots for me. I´ve spent more time clicking in the red dots than in actually play so I got bored lol besides that the game consumes like 1% batery per minute or two lolz I have oneplus 5...
    Post edited by berlight on

Beta tester maniac

I get how some can be turned off,..especially the brutal grind to push cash shop convenience, 

but the Auto-Feature is the best part, imho.  Netmarble has used it before.

The game is on a phone. It would be brutal to play this mmo for a long time using that thumbstick. They know this.  So hence, auto play.  the AI is stupid, the pathing is basic.  and that's all it's good for.  If the game wants to run to spot X and kill 10 orcs for me to keep my hand from falling asleep,  fine,.go for it.   

And really,..you won't be playing efficient at all if you just auto many of the modes.  It is best for simple afk grinding.   Auto a Hard Mode dungeon?  you die. Auto Arena,..not good. Auto the Pit? well,..no you can't.  And PvP, which is a big part later on,..there is no such thing as Auto-Play if you want to live.

Alot of the game is around managing gear. I daresay an MMO time management Sim, to some degree.  So I can see the Farmville comparisons.  ( looking at you Archeage!)

If this was a PC game I'd scoff at it, .but it's mobile and I'm desperate so there's that.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Always cracks me up when a company has to go the "registered users" route to try and lure people.
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    this game is a litteral daily quest grinder, this is the only thing that you ever do.
    you can do your dailies faster by paying a shitton of money though which appears to be something people likes for some odd reason.
    played it for a week and quit as there is nothing interesting to do besides the same dailies over and over again ad nauseam.

it made me nostalgic of lineage 2 though and made me wish for a lineage 3 (or a lineage 2 HD with a non shitty engine)
    Always cracks me up when a company has to go the "registered users" route to try and lure people.
    vs what exactly? They don't have subscribers because that is not their business model. Do you want them to post overall net profits / income? Because these mobile games would blow your mind with those numbers.
    ananit said:
    this game is a litteral daily quest grinder, this is the only thing that you ever do.
    you can do your dailies faster by paying a shitton of money though which appears to be something people likes for some odd reason.
    played it for a week and quit as there is nothing interesting to do besides the same dailies over and over again ad nauseam.

it made me nostalgic of lineage 2 though and made me wish for a lineage 3 (or a lineage 2 HD with a non shitty engine)
    This is simply not true. I don't know why people feel the need to spread misinformation about a game. 

Or maybe I didn't actually do clan raids, Summon parties, and clan v clan pvp last night? Must have been a dream.
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    Jimmydean said:
    ananit said:

This is simply not true. I don't know why people feel the need to spread misinformation about a game. 

Or maybe I didn't actually do clan raids, Summon parties, and clan v clan pvp last night? Must have been a dream.
    and they are part of your fucking daily (or weekly) routine ... you end up grinding the same thing all the time. it doesn't matter if the opposing clan isn't the same each day/week, you just repeat the same content all the time.
    good for you if you enjoy that but don't dare tell people that the game isn't an endless treadmill.
    Not fo'nothing, but most MMO's are endless Treadmills.  

Dailies are specifically things the game limits you to once per day( unless you spend gems. 

Pvp is whenever, where ever.  Summon parties are not limited. You can do anytime if you can find the parties.  Clan dungeons, you are only limited to your clan currencies to reset and even then,..you can join in other Clan raids anytime. 

If you Choose to just do the limited dailies and log then that's up to you. 

ananit said:
    Jimmydean said:
    ananit said:

and they are part of your fucking daily (or weekly) routine ... you end up grinding the same thing all the time. it doesn't matter if the opposing clan isn't the same each day/week, you just repeat the same content all the time.
    good for you if you enjoy that but don't dare tell people that the game isn't an endless treadmill.
    So you are saying that raids in WoW are just dailies? PVP in WoW is just a daily routine? I don't understand what you are getting at. Yes, this game has daily quests. The same as any other MMORPG in existence at the moment. It also has gear progression, character progression, open world PVP, gathering, crafting, etc.

I can understand if you played the game for 5 minutes and made this assessment. The beginning is a lot of daily quests / main story questing.  I don't remember the raids at level 10 being particularly interesting in other MMORPGs either though.

You don't have to get upset, just don't lie about a game you clearly know nothing about.