Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUMOR - Reddit User Claims to Have Leaked the First New World Footage - New World - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited January 2018
    The whole game page is 404 in Amazon's site.

Is it possible that the leak comes with something like the game's cancellation?

That or they are doing something with it to announce soon.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    MaxBacon said:

Oppa EQ next style..

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited January 2018
    Dragnelus said:
    MaxBacon said:

Oppa EQ next style..

I saw the "I blame Smedley" comment lol
    Edit: Just got an email for this as well.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

At the end of the video as someone pointed out on reddit you can hear "predefined battletime" it's really low though.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    This was more like a ... KS project intro trailer.

Everything was bad. Animations , graphics ( looks more like a mobile game ) and even the narrator was like "...yes! it's a .. cool game".

If this is what almighty Amazon can come up with , in 2018 , then .. they better close the studio now.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:

Everything was bad. Animations , graphics ( looks more like a mobile game ) and even the narrator was like "...yes! it's a .. cool game".

If this is what almighty Amazon can come up with , in 2018 , then .. they better close the studio now.

If you know of any mobile MMO games that look like that for my S8 let me know because as far I know most mobile MMO games are played in an isometric aspect and have no draw distance to to speak of.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Anyone that is saying that no way is it possible that this is a leak must not remember the horribad trailer for the canceled Breakaway.

https://www.mmorpg.com/breakaway/videos/gamescom-trailer-excites-players-for-multiplyer-action-1000005522

So considering that was their finished effort I can only imagine that this could very well be an in progress trailer.
    JamesGoblin
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Love seeing MMORPG so desperate from ad revenue they probably created this themselves. They would of never posted leaked stuff like this on their own youtube channels if it was a legit leak.

SNIP

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Tiller said:

IceAge said:

If you know of any mobile MMO games that look like that for my S8 let me know because as far I know most mobile MMO games are played in an isometric aspect and have no draw distance to to speak of.
    I said "more like" . The graphics are not bad, but not good either , hence .. "mobile like graphics". 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• darren28darren28 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited January 2018
    Daoc RVR hell ya!
    JamesGoblin
    My free 7 day sub referral with other goodies http://www.swtor.com/r/vGSnnl
    Amazon has a much better deal for Sub price just search for this on Amazon
    Star Wars: The Old Republic Premium Pack

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    edited January 2018

My money is on the troll.

Fake Trailer! Crooked Amazon would never have that thing leaked, trust me, I know.

Addendum: This reminds me a bit about Leeroy Jenkins meme video back in the day and my guild-mates trying to convince themselves and others it was not staged.
    The "narrator" is following a script telling us the features of the game like it was a trailer, except that if this was actually the real first trailer we get, it doesn't look like Amazon's; in the sense that they know what they are doing when it comes to marketing, so even if it is their first time into gaming, they wouldn't put out footage that look so bland and with so little "fluff".
    If it was real game footage leaked, there would be no need for a narration and it would have been posted without sound, if non was available.

If only the video was more like your second sentence...loooooooooonger.
    francis_baud
    Just got this email

Hello,

We're contacting you about an email you may have received regarding (blank) for "New World" stating, "Your digital video games and software purchases are now available for use."

This email was sent in error and can be disregarded. The "New World" game is not currently available for use.

You can check your open orders in Your Games and Software Library / at any time.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. You will be notified when New World becomes available.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

JamesGoblin
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    NyteWytch said:
    Anyone that is saying that no way is it possible that this is a leak must not remember the horribad trailer for the canceled Breakaway.

https://www.mmorpg.com/breakaway/videos/gamescom-trailer-excites-players-for-multiplyer-action-1000005522

So considering that was their finished effort I can only imagine that this could very well be an in progress trailer.
    Any trailer that spends more time telling you how fast matches will go by and showing random hype images that aren't even in the game instead of discussing gameplay features and showing long video clips of great action is a complete and utter bust.

That trailer played as much like an infomercial as a gameplay trailer.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    NyteWytch said:

Any trailer that spends more time telling you how fast matches will go by and showing random hype images that aren't even in the game instead of discussing gameplay features and showing long video clips of great action is a complete and utter bust.

That trailer played as much like an infomercial as a gameplay trailer.
    Considering that Breakaway was dogshit, I'd say the trailer did a great job of representing it.
    MadFrenchie