Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons to Provide Players with an 'Unforgettable Sense of Achievement' - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDungeons to Provide Players with an 'Unforgettable Sense of Achievement' - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - The Bless Online team is back at work on the revamp project, complete with a new blog post on the Steam page. This time, a brief look at dungeons is provided with a bit of commentary as well as a number of screenshots. Dungeons are, according to devs, designed to be challenging content that utilizes the full breadth of each class's abilities in conjunction with those of other classes.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    great graphics, but i've heard the gameplay leaves much to be desired...
    Phrychocolate42069
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

'Unforgettable Sense of Achievement'.... That does set of some bells in my mind... And not the good kind. It usually leads to content difficulty either scaled way to high or stupid grindy.... 

SignexAlpiusPhrychocolate42069mrputts

This have been a good conversation

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    yea, I bet we will be hyped by those screenshots..

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

XophWarLord2424chocolate42069

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Meh. 10 years ago? Amazing. 2018? More of the same.
  • Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Dragnelus said:

this looks fun to me
    ScottJeslis
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    It looks like action combat and game has PvP right forced PvP ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    If the dungeon content gives you an "unforgettable sense of achievement" due to "challenging content that utilizes the full breadth of each class's abilities in conjunction with those of other classes."....

Why wouldn't you also have that in the vast open world, which is one of Bless' strong points? At least in pockets of content like Aion. Playing 95% of the game to fully enjoy 5% of it just doesn't make sense.
    I would not mind playing this game after looking at some vids. I am just worried I will get camped in PvP. I don't mind PvP as  long as I can avoid it if I want.
    BillMurphy
    Chamber of Chains
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    just like all the other games that go heavy with their instanced dungeons too right lol
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Dragnelus said:

Whats this? LFR difficulty Lich King?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:
    The dungeons are done well- but I never got the "unforgetable sense of achievement", unless they plan to redo all the dungeons - which they dont have the time nor money for.

So this is just marketing talking.

What they badly need to address and what the western playerbase wont tolerate -  is completely empty barren open world outside quest areas.

That will leave players with overwhelming "WTF we have 100s of miles of nothing" feelings
    Bless' open world reminds me of TERA. It could really use some more careful detail to make it more than just another big space filled with mobs and quests. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    cheyane said:
    I would not mind playing this game after looking at some vids. I am just worried I will get camped in PvP. I don't mind PvP as  long as I can avoid it if I want.
    They really need to think about PVE and PVP separate servers. The PVE folks in the West won't tolerate the PVP being forced on them (see AA or Aion), and if the game follows a low cost entry model (BDO) or F2P model (TERA), they want those PVE folks staying who are there to do dungeons, play alts, and get costumes.
    Phry[Deleted User]chocolate42069Aelious

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Omg! More bosses!? More scripts!? More pve
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MilkbzyMilkbzy Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I highly doubt this game will maintain a large population in the west, but it really doesn't look too bad. At least the developers have been attempting to fix some of the issues with the game. They probably won't be successful, but it's better than releasing a completely broken product. Maybe it will be fun for a month or so.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

cheyane said:

It looks like action combat and game has PvP right forced PvP ?

no such thing as forced pvp. If in the course of game play one can be attacked by another it's a pvp game and people who can't stand that or deal with it should save their money.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited January 2018
    No you're wrong @Sovrath ; forced PvP is where you have no choices to avoid it. In some PvP games you can use flagging or not step into the areas where there are PvP activities, some confine PvP to certain areas or conditions like Archeage. Some games consider you taking an action like supporting another player while PvPing as covert consent to PvP. That is not forced PvP.

Forced PvP is when a game does not allow you any way to avoid it aside from not playing the game.
    PhryRidelynnchocolate42069
    Chamber of Chains
    edited January 2018

cheyane said:

No you're wrong Sovrath forced PvP is where you have no choices to avoid it. In some PvP games you can use flagging or not step into the areas where there are PvP activities,some confine PvP to certain areas or conditions like Archage. Some games consider you taking an action like supporting another player while PvPing as covert consent to PvP. That is not forced PvP 

I am not wrong.

This is the most ridiculous thing. It's like playing football and saying "oh, it's forced tackling" or going to a water park and saying "you're forced to get wet".

No one is forcing you to play a game that has pvp. If it's a pvp game then "it's a pvp game" pure and simple. So if a game does not allow one to opt out then "don't buy it". It's not "forced".
    Rockinw311

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

edited January 2018
    Well that is my definition of forced PvP and I am sticking to it . You can disagree.

Many games don't force PvP so what are those games then ? Those games call themselves PvP games too. I played games like Aion and BDO and they did not force me to PvP.

Ridelynnchocolate42069
    Chamber of Chains
    Sovrath said:

cheyane said:

No you're wrong Sovrath forced PvP is where you have no choices to avoid it. In some PvP games you can use flagging or not step into the areas where there are PvP activities,some confine PvP to certain areas or conditions like Archage. Some games consider you taking an action like supporting another player while PvPing as covert consent to PvP. That is not forced PvP 

I am not wrong.

This is the most ridiculous thing. It's like playing football and saying "oh, it's forced tackling" or going to a water park and saying "you're forced to get wet".

No one is forcing you to play a game that has pvp. If it's a pvp game then "it's a pvp game" pure and simple. So if a game does not allow one to opt out then "don't buy it". It's not "forced".
    i totally agree with with @Sovrath there is a massive difference between a game having PvP and a game being a PvP game!

edited January 2018
    Does not matter what you define it as long as a game forces me to PvP with no options for me to not engage in PvP it is a forced PvP game. It is forced vis a vis me.
    pantaroPhrychocolate42069
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Does not matter what you define it as long as a game forces me to PvP with no options for me to not engage in PvP it is a forced PvP game. It is forced vis a vis me.
    well enjoy that lil PvE bubble of happiness and joy you got going on there bud!
    cheyane said:
    It's kind of adopting the idea that every game should be all things to all people as opposed to the game being made for a specific audience.
    pantaro

edited January 2018
    I just asked if there were ways to not PvP I did not ask them to change the game for me nor am I petitioning for it. It was just an enquiry.

When I research a game like I did for BDO if I can avoid the PvP I buy and play it. If I cannot I don't buy it. I don't cry and moan about it and try to get people to join my cause or anything like that. That would be rather dumb since not playing it is an option.
    pantaro
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sovrath said:
    cheyane said:
    It's kind of adopting the idea that every game should be all things to all people as opposed to the game being made for a specific audience.
    The point is that there are no consequences, and no safe areas, other games such as BDO handle PVP much better, and its with games such as BDO that Bless will be compared and lets face it its not a comparison that does Bless any favours at all. So unless this issue with PVP is addressed, or they have PVE servers, then the game will likely flop hard because interest in that kind of a game is extremely low. :/