Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SkySaga Studio, Radiant Worlds, is Snapped Up by Rebellion. Game's Fate Unknown - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSkySaga Studio, Radiant Worlds, is Snapped Up by Rebellion. Game's Fate Unknown - MMORPG.com News

Radiant Worlds, developer of SkySaga, has been purchased by Rebellion. However, at least at this early stage, there is no word on the fate of the sandbox MMO that was in development until late last year when devs ran out of income to continue making it. The studio's name will change to Rebellion Warwick and all 70 employees will continue working for the newly organized outfit.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

david2036

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Oh noes! I liked the BETA :(

domingospaiva1986david2036
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    It's been a couple months since they shut down, hasn't it? There can't be much of a studio left.
    david2036
  • PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    edited January 2018
    Hopefully we get a new and improved version of Skysaga. It had a ton of potential. It was sort of a barebones building and adventure game but it could be expanded in a lot of different directions.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Hopefully we get a new and improved version of Skysaga. It had a ton of potential. It was sort of a barebones building and adventure game but it could be expanded in a lot of different directions.
    I was in the beta and enjoyed it, I was looking forward to the full release. I think if they could add some of what Portal Knights did well it could be a successful game.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    edited January 2018
    Alpha was great. Dev team was really amazing. Will try the new studio, hopefully they get to work on a nice game again
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    They got the funding pulled right as they were set to launch into beta. I really enjoyed the alpha, it got better with just about every iteration. Hopefully it will get the reboot and make it to launch.
    djnj2000
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

MaxBacon said:

Oh noes! I liked the BETA :(

Never made it to beta. Was still in alpha. When they took the servers down it was to set up for the beta, but it didn't happen.
  • honeybadger2013honeybadger2013 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Shame what happened and that Rebellion hasn't announced anything with regards to it's future.

I too played the alpha, however had trouble playing it, as the game kept crashing when entering the floating city, so was unable to continue playing before it shut down.

I really liked the game, because it was an mmo meant you it was better in a way than portal knights, had more fun teaming up with random players that happened to venture to the same world map you was in :)
    djnj2000
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Skysaga isn't owned by Smilegate. They were hired to work on it. Rebellion will not be working on it unless they get a new contract.