Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta soon?

ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97
I just saw the "leak" video on reddit... today I also got an email from amazon saying my preorder for this game was available for download..... the page the link leads to is down/not working as of today.... Something must be coming soon.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Probably not, someone was either testing the distribution system and made a bad mistake or its part of an intentional hype building campaign.

There are no miracles in MMORPG development.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited January 2018
    Since I never got this email others got from Amazon, I'm leaning towards it being a mistake - maybe they cancelled the email distribution partway through once they realized what happened. Especially since it's still listed as a game here https://games.amazon.com/games. In regards to the sign up page being down, that could be that they were updating it and broke it in the process or something else. Only time will tell.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I received the email earlier today and it's a bit odd it happened in conjunction with the media leak. There's a good conversation going in this thread:

https://www.mmorpg.com/new-world/news/rumor-reddit-user-claims-to-have-leaked-the-first-new-world-footage-1000046957

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited January 2018
    Actually the more surprising news for me is this title has a preorder, or that anyone actually bought it.

There's an opportunity here, have to get together with @Slapshot1188, a harbinger's work is never done.

;)
    pantaro

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

SBFord said:
    I received the email earlier today and it's a bit odd it happened in conjunction with the media leak. There's a good conversation going in this thread:

https://www.mmorpg.com/new-world/news/rumor-reddit-user-claims-to-have-leaked-the-first-new-world-footage-1000046957

I double checked my email after seeing a comment on the New World reddit, and I received my email on December 13 - exactly one year after I pre-ordered the game. So it's not connected to the leak I don't think. Most likely just an automatic email that gets sent a year after your pre-order since they didn't have a date set. You can't even pre-order Crucible anymore - only get sent an email. So maybe just Amazon trying to stick to their own policies.
    Kyleran said:
    Actually the more surprising news for me is this title has a preorder, or that anyone actually bought it.

There's an opportunity here, have to get together with @Slapshot1188, a harbinger's work is never done.

;)
    Well it didn't cost anything. It was listed as $0, so pre-ordering was basically just signing up to get updates. Technically it's still listed as an open order on my account for $0, and I can cancel at any time.
    KyleranSBFord
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    I just got this email a bit ago.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Leiloni said: 
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Well it didn't cost anything. It was listed as $0, so pre-ordering was basically just signing up to get updates. Technically it's still listed as an open order on my account for $0, and I can cancel at any time.
    Zero? NVM, opportunity lost..