Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTR Online - Ages 10 to 16

2»

Comments

• CHILD GAME~~~~~LOL~~~
  • strayhumanstrayhuman Member Posts: 8
    I must say I find it quite ironic that pretty much all of the people that call this game a childrens game are children themselves...

• DrgonzothxDrgonzothx Member Posts: 59

Where does it ever say that Orcs are bent to Saurons will?  How do you account for the orcs of the white hand (Sarumons orcs)?  Or they must be just his slaves.  Well what about the orcs from hobbit that capture Frodo and the dwarves?  I think that orcs would have more then enough freedom to allow them to be a playable race.  Not to mention the humans in his armies that are always refered to as allies from the east I believe. 

I think turbine just takes the easy ways out and no pvp is alot easier then putting it in.  Even if the game would probably be better with it in 

• joey1666joey1666 Member Posts: 5
    wats d pic in my name ???? i dunno if ill get this coz ill need a credit card.....

joey sheridan

• strayhumanstrayhuman Member Posts: 8
    I have to admit that the pro PvP people are right.  You really can't use the "Orcs have no free will" arguement to shoot down the idea of PvP in this game.  There are plenty of examples when the evil races not only showed freewill but actually did things that hurt Sauron's plan.  I would have to say a better argument would be that it would ruin the mythos.  In Middle Earth the Orcs are drastically inferior to the elves, they were flawed copies after all.  I mean come on Legolas killing like what 30 or 40 a battle??
    Why would anyone want to play a race that was designed to be weaker overall than the opposing faction.  Yay I got killed for the 10th time, but I finally got one.  The minions of Sauron win battles through vastly superior numbers, not by skill.  So if the developers made the races equal so it would make PvP possible, it would ruin the story of the game. 

But by all means, if you like PvP and want to see it in the game, keep complaining.  The game is no where near done yet and they may listen, not likely but who knows. ;)  I imagine they might at least put dueling in.

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221

Originally posted by strayhuman
    I
    But by all means, if you like PvP and want to see it in the game, keep complaining.  The game is no where near done yet and they may listen, not likely but who knows. ;)  I imagine they might at least put dueling in.

Don't count on any changes at all.  The game is now in Alpha Stage, and the version we'll be seeing at E3 is very near complete.  The complaining is doing nothing and will continue to do nothing but waste DB space.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"

• GreyfriarGreyfriar Member Posts: 3
    PVP without permadeath is weak for those who engage in it. Best PVP I ever engaged in at least had some consequences  unlike carebear PVP of WoW (yeah people seem to forget  that carebear usually means simplistic and easy with no challenge which pretty much sums up WoW PVP). I am talking players getting imprisoned and have the character coded to a jail cell for 40 hours ONLINE time.... permadeath executions. However a person could literally rob every item stored in a bank and PVP in a city full of guards took planning and actual skill
  • robin13robin13 Member Posts: 5

lol:P:P your right
  • Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398
    i dont get, why would someone consider any mmo a bad game if it doesnt have any pvp?  so they could gank people for all their stuff without working for it?  or do they think its fun going off to some newbie land and like newbies just because its "fun"?

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online