Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Spring Cleaning a Bit Early in Trion Games - PC Name Reclaim Ending January 31st - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageIt's Spring Cleaning a Bit Early in Trion Games - PC Name Reclaim Ending January 31st - MMORPG.com News

Trion Worlds is reminding players that they have until midnight January 31st to reclaim names of characters they may not have logged into for awhile. This is effective for all games in the company's portfolio. Characters will not be deleted, but players will be prompted to provide a new name on logging in.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Crap tactic to make people log back into your crap games. Crap company. Go home Trion, you're drunk.
    G4NK3Drasgan514Whiteshade92
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Viper482 said:
    Crap tactic to make people log back into your crap games. Crap company. Go home Trion, you're drunk.
    Yeah...Mondays are hard on everyone. Wrong side of the bed this morning? :dizzy:
    Just giving you trouble <3
    GruntywekySun-fire

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167

Viper482 said:

Crap tactic for you, friend. I am currently logged in simultaneously in all of Trion's games trying to keep my XxLegobass123xX nickname.
    [Deleted User]Coolit7SilentNightsSamhaelwingood
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    No clue about the game, but not a bad policy especially for some of the older games. Wouldn't hurt to free up names of characters not played in years.
    wesjrwingood

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

Nebless said:

No clue about the game, but not a bad policy especially for some of the older games. Wouldn't hurt to free up names of characters not played in years.

I wish more companies would do the same :)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Trion needs to be spring cleaned out of existence.
    BruceYee
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They can have all my names, won't be returning to any game owned by Trion.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    edited January 2018
    wesjr said:

Nebless said:

I wish more companies would do the same :)
    Honestly no. Maybe for users who haven't put a dime into the game. But if you have financially put something in the game or have bought it; you should have the right to keep whatever name you chose for yourself. I argued this when Trove first did a name purge and I thought it was a scummy tactic. Imagine being someone who is actively deployed across seas for whatever profession, be it military or not and doesn't have access to the game during their deployment? They get back and their name is gone? No. 1 year inactivity does not warrant a name purge. Sure; if the user has been inactive for 5+ years; I can understand. It's clear that user isn't going to be returning. At least not anytime soon. But 1 year is absolutely too short for a name purge. Specially against people who have paid something towards the game.
    BruceYeeBodybagWhiteshade92