Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players to be Able to 'Buy' Legendaries in 7.2.5 + Allied Races + Fate of Artifacts - World of Warcr

Comments

• Massively_NeuroticMassively_Neurotic Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I just reached my first Exalted last night -- with Gnomer. Only took me 13 years. :D
    SBFordMouloxtos85Thupli[Deleted User]
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Warlyx said:

who cares about legendaries anymore?

Probably the people still playing the game for the next 6-8 months waiting for the expansion :P
    SBFordpantaroMrMelGibsonIceAge
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    At this point, I think the best way for Blizz to keep everyone happy would be to do it the way skills are trained in EVE Online: give progressively better gear in players' mailboxes just for the time /played. Why play the game anyway?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2018

Celcius said:

Warlyx said:

Probably the people still playing the game for the next 6-8 months waiting for the expansion :P

Yeah, pretty much people still want the transmog, not really for the stats, so its good for them. Nerf humans though, they blow through rep so fast compared to everyone else
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Albatroes said:

Celcius said:

Warlyx said:

Yeah, pretty much people still want the transmog, not really for the stats, so its good for them.

Nerf humans though, they blow through rep so fast compared to everyone else

I mean, people still want the stats too. It is not like because an expansion is coming out in almost a year from now that suddenly people stop wanting to progress. In that case, there is no reason to ever play any MMO with vertical progression with expansions.
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111

syltmacka said:

bro we heard you like grind, so we put some grind into your grind.

yep

they just keep stacking grinds on top of gated grinds on top of gated grinds

fucking brutal the amount of questing that feels mandatory in this xpac
    pantaroPhoebes

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

SBFord said:

Pure P2W.

Pay to win? You only get the currency through actual play. It's not purchasable. It's not like a loot box, just RNG-based and with the item needed to buy it only obtainable in-game. FFS. This P2W "I hate loot boxes" garbage is getting out of hand.

Don' t get all worked up, it was said in jest. This method of obtaining high end gear is actually a good idea IMO as it lets people who don't no-life raid progress.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    As long as they don't sell them for real money then whatever. Being able to grind up to stuff like this is no gamebreaker, the real question is more if they sell them too cheap or not.

The whole legendary item mechanics seems not that great to me but that is my personal opinion. Now, if Wow would have become pay2win that would change things but Wow have always been pay2grind. ;)
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    I don't know about everyone else, but this is good news. This tokens, you are farming them pretty .. easy.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Naryath said:

Pure P2W.

I'm SOO Curious to hear what your definition of P2W is. lol
    It's a case of reading the title and nothing else before commenting.
    Phoebes
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Naryath said:

Pure P2W.

I'm SOO Curious to hear what your definition of P2W is. lol

It's a case of reading the title and nothing else before commenting.

Yeah! mmorpg.com titles in the past..6 months have been "clickbaiting" a lot.
    Kyleran

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

bossboy16 said:

everyone gonna be running around with BiS legendaries now

best in slot legendary?
    worst comment ever.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    See no problem with this at all as the xpac is coming toward the end of it's time. This will allow those that love alts to be able to see what the legendaries where like for them. You have to go out and grind the tokens to buy them which will not take to long but still better than what some games do.

Personally think this is a good thing since they are going to be doing away with the entire legendary system as it is now come next xpac. I see it as a good thing to let players that didn't have time to grind out all the legendaries for even their main be able to see it before the xpac really has no relevance anymore other than part of the leveling grind.

Hell I play a pretty decent amount and only have 6 legendaries between all my alts not counting weapons. Would love to see some of my other alts with a couple to see how big a difference it makes for them.

I look at this as the same as I did with the LFR system. I stopped raiding because I got tired of waiting for others to get their crap together to just get started. That system still allowed me to get to see the content while it was still relevant. I can do my own thing till it pops then right in do what needs to be done and back to my own thing. I see this as no different in reality.
  • peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    legion content is pretty much over don't really see any problem with this as there's many "dud" legendaries people have unfortunately got before the ones that really improve their character
    SBFord
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    This game is OG of loot treadmills.
    pantaro
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2018
    -
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kind of puts a new meaning on the term ..LEGENDARY,but then again it's Blizzard,they have no clue how to make good games,they just make money.
    pantaro

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Wizardry said:
    Kind of puts a new meaning on the term ..LEGENDARY,but then again it's Blizzard,they have no clue how to make good games,they just make money.
    World Of Warcraft:Taking the LEGEND out of Legendary!
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    edited January 2018
    Still dont know how people can still tolerate those terrible graphics. The tiles, and background graphics are just too low res.

I looked at a recent walk through just to see what it looked like since I was kind of thinking of checking out the game, and its just too low res.

I am baffled people can really enjoy that level of low resolution and not feel like they are over paying for something that feels out dated.

Even if it was free I wouldnt play it. Its that bad imo.

I do realise people can enjoy the game even as it is, but its a huge game with a lot of money that also charged monthly subs. That is the baffling part as to why its so bad with very low res textures.

And its also a personal opinion other than being suprised on others peoples tastes, that i am not able to enjoy something with those super low res textures. especially with the models being high res it makes the background feel even more out dated.
    bartoni33

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    LMAO, I know a certain person who is going to buy every damn thing he can. Shit is ridiculous, gaming ruined.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    SBFord said:
    Pure P2W.
    Pay to win? You only get the currency through actual play. It's not purchasable. It's not like a loot box, just RNG-based and with the item needed to buy it only obtainable in-game. FFS. This P2W "I hate loot boxes" garbage is getting out of hand.
    I thought this article meant "Buy" with real money too before I read further. Those that didn't read more than the header could have easily misunderstood. Tons of people probably think you can buy BiS equipment with real money now.
    Iselin
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I love it when I see people comment without reading the articles. You don't buy anything with real money for this, you have to play the game and collect tokens to buy the legendaries. It is one thing to make a comment on a system that is p2w and have a point. It is another to make a comment and make yourself look like a fool because you didn't even read the article.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I don't see any problem with this, you still need to earn the necessary currency in-game and losing the rng lottery shouldn't make or break your class which it often did early on. Also, these were never very legendary to begin with anyway.
    [Deleted User]SBFord
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

Still dont know how people can still tolerate those terrible graphics. The tiles, and background graphics are just too low res.

I looked at a recent walk through just to see what it looked like since I was kind of thinking of checking out the game, and its just too low res.

I am baffled people can really enjoy that level of low resolution and not feel like they are over paying for something that feels out dated.

Even if it was free I wouldnt play it. Its that bad imo.

I do realise people can enjoy the game even as it is, but its a huge game with a lot of money that also charged monthly subs. That is the baffling part as to why its so bad with very low res textures.

And its also a personal opinion other than being suprised on others peoples tastes, that i am not able to enjoy something with those super low res textures. especially with the models being high res it makes the background feel even more out dated.

I can never understand people like this. I have multiple gaming pc's, ps4 pro, etc, etc. I love great graphics. I can still go back to my ps1 and enjoy games on that. WoW is definitely not an amazing look game, but they've done a lot to improve the engine. I have played WoW off and on since it's beta and it's graphics have absolutely never been an issue for me. Sadly at this point WoW is one of the MMO's I can play for more than a couple hours without being bored. Just not a lot of quality games out there right now that still have active player bases.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Time for WoW to reinvent the genre. The whole recycling of raid gear thing is old and stale. Who cares if you get BiS? It will be obsolete in the next patch, over and over again. Hamster wheel.....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!