Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account Security May Have Been Breached - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAccount Security May Have Been Breached - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - The Black Desert Online forum has a new post by Kakao Administrators that warns players that their account security "may have been compromised on a third party website", though what website is unnamed. Any accounts that have been affected have had their passwords reset. The team is further advising those players to both change their account email and reset their passwords to avoid any security issues. Further, Kakao reminds players to reset similar passwords used on other sites.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

the only accounts what password resets happen to was the forum accounts where the forum is not using https ! which infact come to look at it neither is this site using https maybe mmorpg.com can also learn something here.

We are actually in the process of moving to a full HTTPS site.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well good to know this site is taking some action,albeit very slow but at least we are finally told as such rather than being kept in the dark,since i brought this up about a month ago now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    This stuff happens all the time, most of them you have no idea that it did, just keep double auth on wherever you can, and/or do unique passwords per website and you can contain any leaks.
  • DardweomerDardweomer Member CommonPosts: 1
    I am a victim of one of this "potentially been compromised" account. I have been told i have to provide a photo of a government issued id card with todays newspaper in the background. I do not have a government issued id and would not send it to anyone if i had! So essentially i have lost my account and all the money spent on it despite never breaching any of the terms and conditions and through no fault of my own
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I am a victim of one of this "potentially been compromised" account. I have been told i have to provide a photo of a government issued id card with todays newspaper in the background. I do not have a government issued id and would not send it to anyone if i had! So essentially i have lost my account and all the money spent on it despite never breaching any of the terms and conditions and through no fault of my own
    first post, nothing suspicious about this at all, nope :p
    pantaroTheScavenger
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    this is a 6+ old thread............ and a first poster, mmm  I wonder.

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Phry said:
    first post, nothing suspicious about this at all, nope :p
    My money is on him being a genuinely pissed off customer.

He is not someone trying to slander the company since Kakao are the ones who let the breach known.

From his grammar and the way he writes I also would exclude an attention-whore or drama-queen or troll. The first rule of being a troll is to type as if you were mentally deficient and he's expressing his thoughts quite well.

Also there is the fact that, aside from the need for today's newspapaer, the requirement for a government ID is the way most companies go about this matter. So he's consistent there. 

Had I had an account and lost all purchases and progress that way, not even being able to log on their forums to tell them what I though of them, I think that I would try to make my voice heard on another site as well.

So yeah, sorry to hear. Happened to me once with Blizzard, I recovered my account just because my driving licence was due to be renewed in a few months and I didn't mind sending a photo of it.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    I used a dummy account for the trail, with fake information.  Not caring about this, but will avoid it utterly in the future as a result.