Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice 2017 - The Most Wanted MMO - General Awards

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    zotelf said:

Nanulak said:

CU is my most anticipated game for the future but not in 2018. So I have to fall back to my 2nd choice, Crowfall.

Same here, except that I like both Crowfall and CU equally - and CU is certainly not 2018, while CF has some chances.

I thought Crowfall is still in pre-alpha. In-spite of them using an existing engine.
    That's why "some chances" instead of parroting the official estimate.

Speaking of (pre)alphas, some games go beta or even launch with less than what Crowfall has - just check Steam for examples.

Of course, thar bar is horribly low, but my point is that many others would label this stage as alpha without thinking twice. Anyway, I consider 2019 soft launch quite likely.
     W...aaagh?
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I voted Pantheon but I am looking forward to Camelot equally.
  • CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Voted Pantheon. Looking for challenge, and a virtual world to call home...where community matters, reputation matters. Not seen that in at least a decade, fed up with what's out there...pap!
    Osho
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Lost Ark.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    None of the above.
    Ginaz
  • trialzonetrialzone Member CommonPosts: 3
    Ashes of creation; for you skeptics out there check out Dungeon Crawler Network's podcasts on the game...lots of good contents and got me to get the Alpha.
    ConstantineMerus
  • ZardayneZardayne Member UncommonPosts: 66
    As an old Daoc player, CU would have had my vote if it included more PVE. Without it I was left with Ashes of Creation and Pantheon. It was hard but I went with Ashes.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I suggest everyone to put $100 bucks on "Star Citizen" for most wanted mmo in 2025. You will all clean up for sure !!!
    Wylf
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Kumapon said:
    I suggest everyone to put $100 bucks on "Star Citizen" for most wanted mmo in 2025. You will all clean up for sure !!!
    I dunno, Pantheon looks pretty good and have plenty of votes.

The SC fans are certainly really into it voting with their wallets but Pantheon seems to have a way bigger fanbase.

And yeah, I voted Pantheon. It looks rather amazing for it's budget and we need something like it. Of course I an't that much for space sims so I ain't SCs target group in either case.
  • GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Voted on Dual Universe and really look forward to when it is released. It might be 2019 that it is released though. The rest of the games on the list means nothing to me. Boring but for me the truth.

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Crowfall for sure. However if and when Star Citizen releases I'm sure that will be amazing.
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    "Camelot Unchained" such a dumb ass name for the game to be blunt, could do much better than that but I'm still looking forward to trying it out, not expecting much honestly but DAoC was a large chunk of my childhood so of course I'll be trying "CU". Also looking forward to playing Pantheon and I actually am excited for this one, hope they can pull off that "mmo's before WoW ruined everything" feeling. Also holding out hope NCSoft gets their shit together and releases a proper Lineage 3, (ProjectTL or whatever the fuck it is nowadays).
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Voted for Ashes of Creation with Crowfall as a strong second. Had no idea pantheon had such a strong following. Not really my cup of tea, but to each their own :)
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Sick of pvp and arcade style gameplay.  Pantheon's pve focus on slower paced coop gameplay suits me nicely.
    sarielisKratuk[Deleted User]

• sarielissarielis Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Pantheon all the way for me
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    must have Pantheon!
  • DorjeeDorjee Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I went Pantheon but if I could have had 2 votes would have added Ashes of Creation as well both these titles are my most wanted games but not sure if they will have final release in 2018. But they are still my most wanted :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sick of pvp and arcade style gameplay.  Pantheon's pve focus on slower paced coop gameplay suits me nicely.
    Not sure that describes Pantheon all that well, its more often described as being hard core cooperative, it all sounds very much like Wildstar, i don't think that anyone really wants a 'hard core' game anymore, they like the sound of it, but i think the reality of it might be disappointing.

[Deleted User]
  • jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Phry said:
    Not sure that describes Pantheon all that well, its more often described as being hard core cooperative, it all sounds very much like Wildstar, i don't think that anyone really wants a 'hard core' game anymore, they like the sound of it, but i think the reality of it might be disappointing.

WIldstar was a hard game (required a lot of mechanical skill) and medium time investment. Wildstar was never hardcore in the same way Pantheon will be, it was just really hard.

Pantheon is not a hard game (in terms of mechanical skill) like the guy said slower paced gameplay and Pantheon is only hardcore in terms of time investment, you can be a casual player and do everything in the game, but it will take you several months if not years.

Dark souls begs to differ.
  • Ryven001Ryven001 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Pantheon MMO. Can't wait to get into it,
  • KratukKratuk Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Phry said:

Closer in tone and pacing to EverQuest and Vanguard (Brad McQuaid is one of the big cheese involved after all). And many people said similar things about difficult games and horror. Then we got Dark Souls, Resident Evil 7, Amnesia, Outlast, ect. There's a market for everything and some of them have been starved for a while. But the devs know it's a niche and that's what they're designing for rather than the mass market.
  • VicNuggetsVicNuggets Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Looking forward to a few of these but if I got to choose one to be released today it would be Pantheon. I'm going to end up getting Sea of Thieves and Monster Hunter as well.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    PVP was the thing a couple of years ago, now it is starting to be PVE again.

And gotta love Cashshop... I Mean Crowfall :)
    JamesGoblin
  • GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Looking forward to playing Chronicles of Elyria and Ashes of Creation the most but lots of great looking MMOs incoming :)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    people can pretend to be hipsters, but we are all waiting to try Bless Online :P
    I am looking forward to trying Bless but I'm definitely "all in" for Pantheon.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo