Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players to be Able to 'Buy' Legendaries in 7.2.5 + Allied Races + Fate of Artifacts - World of Warcr

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

Players to be Able to 'Buy' Legendaries in 7.3.5 + Allied Races + Fate of Artifacts - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - The latest v7.3.5 PTR World of Warcraft build has some interesting news for players who have not had the best of luck when it comes to legendaries. A special vendor will sell legendaries according to class and spec in exchange for 175 Wakening Essences that are gathered through raids, dungeons and emissary chests. Purchasing a legendary will not affect chances of getting further legendaries. Currently, 50 Wakening Essences are collected to upgrade legendaries, currently to iLevel 1000.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• ZiebaaZiebaa Member UncommonPosts: 19
    everyone gonna be running around with BiS legendaries now
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

bossboy16 said:

well, insted of just the lucky bastards who happened to be good in rng ?
    jimmywolfMrMelGibsonHarikenCazrielShodanasPhrywanderica
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited January 2018
    who cares about legendaries anymore? there isnt going to be more content updates , and those legendaries will last until next lvl cap so meh

To unlock the Void Elf Allied Race, you must first have the Battle for Azeroth expansion purchased.

You Are Now Prepared! requires completion of the Argus storyline, which should take several hours to complete.

Exalted with Argussian Reach may take several weeks to obtain, as you can only earn a limited amount of reputation through World and Emissary quests. Reference the Argussian Reach Reputation

rep grind yay!
    AlbatroesOctagon7711
  • ZiebaaZiebaa Member UncommonPosts: 19
    jgDuffay said:

bossboy16 said:

well, insted of just the lucky bastards who happened to be good in rng ?
    although I agree with warlyx, isn't rng part of the game? it's like saying you should be able to buy a winning ticket in the lottery. 
    Krematory
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

Warlyx said:

who cares about legendaries anymore? there isnt going to be more content updates , and those legendaries will last until next lvl cap so meh

To unlock the Void Elf Allied Race, you must first have the Battle for Azeroth expansion purchased.

You Are Now Prepared! requires completion of the Argus storyline, which should take several hours to complete.

Exalted with Argussian Reach may take several weeks to obtain, as you can only earn a limited amount of reputation through World and Emissary quests. Reference the Argussian Reach Reputation

rep grind yay!

No way! for real? i thought that was over by the time the expansion hit. =/
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    meh close, it like saying you can buy a winning ticket for $100 which will have a value of a dollar or thousand dollars depending on rng. 

even then it only partially right, as it a item that persists an your not "buying" anything you just have a new option of grinding/earning said reward.

since blizzard want too assume everyone has said items an balance the game around it, this it just a means to that end. while also making players happy with a feeling of choice an power in a game based on grind an rng.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Any news on when this patch is dropping? Been waiting to subscribe again and roll an alt for it. My biggest complaint for the game has been the leveling and dungeon experience before hitting end-game. Really hoping the new leveling fixes a lot of this.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Avarix said:
    Any news on when this patch is dropping? Been waiting to subscribe again and roll an alt for it. My biggest complaint for the game has been the leveling and dungeon experience before hitting end-game. Really hoping the new leveling fixes a lot of this.
    Well the speculation is that it'll be by the end of the month as datamining has shown new models of weapons found in / around An'Quiraj and the "micro holiday" event for that is starting on Jan 27th or so.
    AvarixOctagon7711[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonPhoebes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    SBFord said:
    Avarix said:
    Well the speculation is that it'll be by the end of the month as datamining has shown new models of weapons found in / around An'Quiraj and the "micro holiday" event for that is starting on Jan 27th or so.
    Awesome. Thank you!
    [Deleted User]
  • NaryathNaryath Member UncommonPosts: 26
    No one is claiming you can "choose" which leggo you'll get, unless I missed it.

You'll get one for your chosen loot spec. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I dislike RNG I prefer the method FFXIV uses where you collect certain drops and then exchange them for the armour you want. Or you upgrade your weapon doing quests and other ways instead of running the same dungeon over and over waiting for a drop.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibsonPhoebesLiljnaPhry
    Chamber of Chains
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Pure P2W.
    grimalCelciusMrMelGibsonPr0tag0ni5tTheScavengerPhoebesPhryAshikuro

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Pure P2W.

Is that Play to win...because you can only get those tokens by playing the game and doing dailies and raid bosses.
    Phry
    Naryath said:
    No one is claiming you can "choose" which leggo you'll get, unless I missed it.

You'll get one for your chosen loot spec. 
    My guess is that, given Blizz's RNG love, you can choose class / spec but not target specific leggos. :C

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Pure P2W.
    Pay to win? You only get the currency through actual play. It's not purchasable. It's not like a loot box, just RNG-based and with the item needed to buy it only obtainable in-game. FFS. This P2W "I hate loot boxes" garbage is getting out of hand.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonTsiyaRexKushmanPr0tag0ni5tPhry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Pure P2W.

Exactly. You have to pay $15/month to complete this!
    MrMelGibsonGeezerGamerZiebaaTheScavengerPhoebes
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    bro we heard you like grind, so we put some grind into your grind.
    SBFordpantaro[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonPhoebesMassively_Neurotic
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

SBFord said:

Pure P2W.

Pay to win? You only get the currency through actual play. It's not purchasable. It's not like a loot box, just RNG-based and with the item needed to buy it only obtainable in-game. FFS. This P2W "I hate loot boxes" garbage is getting out of hand.

Everything is unfair unless its given to you. Do you remember back in the early MMO days when people who played more were the enemy? SO UNFAIR THAT GUY SPENT 100 HOURS GRINDING AND IS STRONGER THAN ME!!!! The new enemy is people who spend 100 hours grinding a job, want to save themselves a little time on a video game. Wonder why we have so many games where things are handed to you......
    SBFordpantaroTsiyaCazriel

Pure P2W.

I'm SOO Curious to hear what your definition of P2W is. lol
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    edited January 2018
    The latest v7.2.5 PTR World of Warcraft build has some interesting news for players who have not had the best of luck when it comes to legendaries.
    Psst. 7.3.5 you mean.
    7.2.5 was the Black Temple timewalking patch.
    Ghavrigg
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    SBFord said:
    Pure P2W.
    I believe in this case the P2W stood for Play to Win.
    Tsiya
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    The legendaries crap was the worst thing that ever happened to WoW. Getting benched from raids because you lost an RNG roll is no fun.
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 72

Pure P2W.

It's not P2W its a boring Grind Fest, there content is so horrible these days they have to lock shit behind it to get behind to play it.
    pantaroPhoebes

Vasel said:

The legendaries crap was the worst thing that ever happened to WoW. Getting benched from raids because you lost an RNG roll is no fun.

The worst thing, i wouldn't say. A leggo BiS or an epic BiS, they still can get you benched, so i don't believe there's anything new here.

Worst thing i'd say is the paid character boost ^^

Right after getting benched for whatever reason :(
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    The entire reward system in WoW has become a joke. Here's hoping they keep all that crap out of classic.
    pantaroThupliPhoebes