Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Monster Hunter: World - Elder Dragons Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Monster Hunter: World - Elder Dragons Trailer

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Pff the wait is real! 6+ months
    [Deleted User]RolanStorm

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    JUST RELEASE THE DAMN THING ALREADY! AAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!

21 days... just 21 days...

Being stuck with the 3DS games right now is like having to settle for a McDonald's hamburger when you're craving a big, juicy porterhouse steak. These videos are like having to watch someone eat one through the front window of the steakhouse across the street.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Zenislav said:

Is there release date for PC or still TBA? No luck w google so i guess not.

Confirmed for "Autumn"
    mrputts
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    dauntless who ?

• triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25

itsover said:

dauntless who ?

By the time MHW comes out on PC dauntless will most likely be a really good game
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    When you finally do get your MHW, you'll realize it's lacking content and diversity. you'll be bored of it after a month. you'll have regret your purchase due to boredom.
  • RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198

Dragnelus said:

Pff the wait is real! 6+ months

Indeed!
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

When you finally do get your MHW, you'll realize it's lacking content and diversity. you'll be bored of it after a month. you'll have regret your purchase due to boredom.

400 hours into MH4U, still have stuff to do.

600 hours into MHX, still have stuff to do.

I really, really don't see your prediction coming true, especially since you sound like someone who hasn't played a single one of the games. Yes, hunting certain monsters over and over again can be a little repetitive, but the fights are still fun, you can change things up by using different weapon types, items, and armor skills, and so forth. MHW is adding a great deal more complexity into the equation with monsters that fight or aid each other, and environments that allow for a tremendous amount of strategic options. I didn't get as much time with the demo as I'd have liked, but I fought each monster several times and it was never the same fight twice.

Or in other words, you're just wrong. So, so wrong, and your ignorance of the game and franchise shows through quite brilliantly.
    NephethWraithone

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142

I really, really don't see your prediction coming true, especially since you sound like someone who hasn't played a single one of the games. Yes, hunting certain monsters over and over again can be a little repetitive, but the fights are still fun, you can change things up by using different weapon types, items, and armor skills, and so forth. MHW is adding a great deal more complexity into the equation with monsters that fight or aid each other, and environments that allow for a tremendous amount of strategic options. I didn't get as much time with the demo as I'd have liked, but I fought each monster several times and it was never the same fight twice.

Or in other words, you're just wrong. So, so wrong, and your ignorance of the game and franchise shows through quite brilliantly.

You sound like you work for them or a fan boy. Sorry you are getting angry at people that think a videogame will infact become boring to people that have to kill a monster over and over. Even when you were describing the game I was nodding off. And thats ok. People will get bored. Just as long as you still enjoy it, thats all that matters. Oh before I forget, Make sure you showcase that $150 statue you are getting. Be proud and put it in the middle of the TV room :)
    Nepheth
  • jayemlegacyjayemlegacy Member UncommonPosts: 23

fuzzi1983 said:

You sound like you work for them or a fan boy. Sorry you are getting angry at people that think a videogame will infact become boring to people that have to kill a monster over and over. Even when you were describing the game I was nodding off. And thats ok. People will get bored. Just as long as you still enjoy it, thats all that matters. Oh before I forget, Make sure you showcase that $150 statue you are getting. Be proud and put it in the middle of the TV room :)

I agree with the other guy actually. The game is called Monster Hunter. That's what you do. It is a beloved series for the very reason you claimed it would be boring. You are entitled to your opinion. Don't buy it. It's clearly not your type of game. It is however a type of game that ALOT of people love. *Shrug*. I'm excited for the PC release.
    WraithoneSavageHorizon
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Looks like a Final Fantasy Clone....with more monsters. Passing on this one. GL to you all. Enjoy it.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Avanah said:
    Looks like a Final Fantasy Clone....with more monsters. Passing on this one. GL to you all. Enjoy it.
    I can safely tell you it has nothing in common with Final Fantasy, this is a different genre altogether.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    The benefit for PC users is the same with Destiny 2, you get the wait and see approach which allows you to see what fans are saying about the game before you decide to purchase it (after the initial "ooh, shiny" hype dies down of course). I wish I had waited for D2 to come to PC so I wouldn't have bought it and wasted my money. Glad I can chill out and see where this one goes before I decide if I want to pick it up.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    In the middle of the trailer , I was like "Why isn't this a MMO??"

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    WHY IS THE COMABT SO CRAP ON THIS MONSTERHUNTER GAME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So hard to tell watching a marketing video.

Looks ok i guess,the lighting looks bad but could just be the video format.

To me it looks like a simple gimmick,some games lure people in with flying,some with pets,some with Dinosaurs,some with really good character creation screens.this one should be very obvious,make the creature models 2.0 or 3.0 or 5.0 x bigger,yes many people get excited seeing giant creatures.

What ALL of those one gimmick games lack is a complete game.I am not saying this won't offer a complete experience,i have no idea what so ever but until i find out more,it is just a marketing video.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited January 2018
    The "delay" Is more the fact they want their console sales, I bet the game is 100% ready to go for pc, they are just holding it back because they know people will pirate it in droves on pc. Its not the first time a company has pulled this stunt. I do notice that like alot of ps4 games MHW looks very blurry for some reason.
    JeffSpicoli

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited January 2018

Siveria said:

I do notice that like alot of ps4 games MHW looks very blurry for some reason.

I felt like that too, whats with the game looking so "washed out" Will the PC version look the same ? Is the blur intentionally done? The world they made is really gorgeous and feels very alive but that haze/blur really breaks immersion. I feel like i want to squint while playing but there is nothing to squint at, if that makes sense.
    • Aloha Mr Hand !