Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Bones DLC & Update 17 (with Outfit System!) to Launch in February - Elder Scrolls Online - MM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDragon Bones DLC & Update 17 (with Outfit System!) to Launch in February - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - Zenimax has revealed the first details about the next Elder Scrolls Online DLC called Dragon Bones as well as the game-wide Update 17. Dragon Bones brings two new dungeons, Scalecaller Peak and Fang Lair, into the game. Enemies include "plague ridden ogres, powerful sorcerers with undead creations and the reanimated bones of an ancient dragon". Players will score some great loot as well that includes monster sets, achievements and collectibles.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Less hassle trying to get the gear to look the way you want, but also less demand from crafters to make things in a certain style and provide a service/make money. Shouldn't be a big hit to them, just an observation.

It will also increase the demand for motifs, as they are now not just for crafters!
    SlyLoKMrMelGibson
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Looking forward to it!
    MrMelGibson
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Sounds awesome. This will make crown store motifs more desirable to non Crafters as well.
    MrMelGibson
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Awesome!

Can't wait.
    MrMelGibson
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Nice that they're finally adding an in-game build advisor. Even if it's rudimentary it'll be a great improvement for new players who easily get lost with all the choices and end up making builds with elements that don't work well together.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibsoninfomatz
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    if we was to be able to be a necromancer instead of this, then i whould play this. :P
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    I'm hoping this doesn't increase loading times by 500%
    BruceYee said:
    Well the new outfit system will be adding more unique character textures so it's bound to have a negative impact on FPS and loading into busy areas.

I don't think the underlying server code has managed to keep up with the texture and GFX explosion encouraged by the crown shop.

Maybe their upcoming move to drop the 32-bit client will help. I hope so.
    MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Guess I will try it again, got morrowind, tried a bd and got one shotted all the time.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Dragons!

It is only a question of time before the small bit of Skyrim currently in-game is expanded. Will it happen in 2018?
    MrMelGibson
    gervaise1 said:
    Dragons!

It is only a question of time before the small bit of Skyrim currently in-game is expanded. Will it happen in 2018?
    2018 is the year of the High Elf. You'll see :)
    MrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Hands down one of the best mmos ever made imo. I took a break to play some single player games, but I'm itching to play again soon.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Can't wait to see if the customization is just as good as BDO, and or if users will still be charged (Subscription Fee) + $15 per character customization edit rather than just the unlocks.
    RexKushmanraphaelfalc
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2018
    Zeni, me luv u long time if you give me normal auction house
    edited January 2018
    Renoaku said:
    Can't wait to see if the customization is just as good as BDO, and or if users will still be charged (Subscription Fee) + $15 per character customization edit rather than just the unlocks.
    Every player, subbed or no sub, gets one free outfit slot page for each character in their account that allows customization of all armor and weapon slots individually with any style motif any character on your account knows for that slot.

There is an in-game gold cost associated with each slot's customization that apparently varies with the rarity of the motif.

If you want to have more than one outfit slot page for a character those will be for sale in the crown shop on a per/character basis.

This is a different thing from the costumes already in the game. Those will still be usable exactly like they are right now and will hide whatever you are wearing underneath (including outfits.)

All of this will happen at what are currently dye stations which will be renamed to outfit stations and will now do both things.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    edited January 2018

Iselin said:

BruceYee said:

Well the new outfit system will be adding more unique character textures so it's bound to have a negative impact on FPS and loading into busy areas.

I don't think the underlying server code has managed to keep up with the texture and GFX explosion encouraged by the crown shop.

Why would it add more unique character textures? From a computational perspective it takes the same processor power to use draw calls for textures a,y and s that it does for z, a, b32. What the actual texture is is of little consideration. Its not like everyone runs around wearing the same thing as it is. (edit): Well technically speaking if you use a texture atlas, you can load more textures using the same number of draw calls, but that isn't used for this type of situation.
    Erinak1 said:

Iselin said:

BruceYee said:

Why would it add more unique character textures? From a computational perspective it takes the same processor power to use draw calls for textures a,y and s that it does for z, a, b32. What the actual texture is is of little consideration. Its not like everyone runs around wearing the same thing as it is. (edit): Well technically speaking if you use a texture atlas, you can load more textures using the same number of draw calls, but that isn't used for this type of situation.
    I don't know the technical details but I do know that ESO back in 2015 when the PS4 and XB1 launches happened had slow texture load issues on the consoles (I played it on the PS4 briefly as well as my PC account) that resulted in players being rendered as black silhouettes for several seconds (sometimes longer) and then there would be a noticeable texture load in.

At that time despite ESO using the 32 bit client exclusively for the PC, you never, ever, saw that type of texture popping on the PC. This is now a routine occurrence every time you wayshrine to a busy hub such as Elden Root for example.

That together with delays of NPC load where I can sometime see the NPC's name, but it takes several seconds before I can see the actual NPC or interact with it, mounts that take several seconds to appear after I hit H and while I move at mount speed while the game shows me running, lag which is no longer exclusive to Cyrodiil and also happens in PVE shows a conspicuous drop in PC performance over the past two years rather than an improvement despite the 64-bit client release and other tweaks they have made.

On a thread about long loading screens after a recent patch they came out and said that it had been caused by a new texture loading scheme they had implemented that they then had to roll back to fix the issue.

All of this has coincided with a huge increase in the variety of skins and armor textures available. Yes, even at launch ESO was always quite good about the unique looks that all players could have but the number of different possibilities has grown exponentially and the armor has gotten more and more detailed since the crown store and crates went into full swing.  At the same time more and more unique mounts have been added many of them with added special effects on summon/unsummon or just hitting the space bar to activate the flames or what have you.

I can't help but think that the proliferation of more detailed armor, outfits and extra GFX have had a negative influence on the performance of the game than now runs on PC worse than it did at the time when the crown store was first implemented.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58
    So demanding and whining on forums works on this game too... "There was no dragons in that time period", this is no Skyrim, kids, there will be no dragons ever blah blah, but if customer demands, we can make it around and boom, long dead dragon corpse rises!
    I guess it's the route very MMO is going through - at the beginning there is strict lore, then players demand and devs start to find ways around until you have time travel and aliens to fight with your epic laser gun.
  • wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    sounds boring and along with those plague ridden Ogres will be plague ridden bugs LOL
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    syltmacka said:
    if we was to be able to be a necromancer instead of this, then i whould play this. :P
    I'm also looking forward to a Necro class and having templates that are easy to switch when out of combat.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey