Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe - Does Warframe Need a Gear Score? - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    No.
    MasterDaveyd_20
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Okay so I agree with having a number that indicates your overall power level and displaying that on the higher level missions because it'd help newer players understand when they had adequate gear for higher level content.
    One thing I will address to the OP, you should do your sorties every day, you can absolutely do them with mediocre mods if you stay moving and stay with your team. I have only 280 hours in the game, and I do my sorties almost daily. The riven mods I get sell for a good amount of plat, so I can always purchase slots if I need em. I only have to retry a sortie if it's a spy mission or we get a bunch of new players on the same team. Very rarely.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Not only no, but Hell No... Warframe doesn't need anything like gear score. Then we'd start having the same problem that games that have gear score have. You must be this 733T to play here.

Picking the proper damage types, and modding your weapons properly is a good start. Then comes experience in their use. Skilled movement is also important.

A 50 minute survival and the mobs only reached level 40?? In a typical 50 minute, they should be WAY over that. In the 80's to 100 plus most likely.

Those types of runs require different tactics, and a good group composition.

Other wise, its going to end badly... ^^

MasterDaveyd_20
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    edited January 2018
    I've got, maybe 30-40 hours in Warframe total. Up to MR6 or so.

I still have no clue what I'm doing. I join in a mission with experienced folks, I struggle to just keep up with them, let alone actually get to shoot anything. Or I get turned around in a tunnel, and see the "3/4 players waiting" at the exit point while I scramble past trying to find it myself, and didn't even get to see the boss or whatever the objective was.

I feel badly when that happens. But only way to get through it is to go through it.

I have a lot more fun in the game when I solo a run and just go open every crate and shoot every mob. Sure, it takes more than 95 seconds, but I don't feel nearly as badly about it.

So sorry if I'm part of the problem that has people wanting GS in the game. I honestly am still figuring out all the mods and stuff, I haven't exactly picked up on all the nuances of how difficult certain missions can be, I don't have the maps memorized, and I'm old and clumsy and get lost easily.
    [Deleted User]d_20
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Yes, because gear scores only benefit every game they are used in.
    Nilden
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    No game needs gear scores.   At least, none (or no one) I want to play with....
    Nildend_20

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

KCDDagger said:

I have to agree with a bunch of folks here. Having been on the rejected end of the "elitists" despite the fact that I would be able to pull of some amazing moves and insane survival stunts on raids in WoW and other MMOs that had the Gearscore in their programming (EQ, SWG, GuildWars, etc.). In other games I tend to gear to what works for my play style. The fact that it actually WORKS despite the totally screwed up GS is what hurt me as a player when I needed to do things like high level events, dungeons, or raids.

WoW was considered a reasonably friendly place until GS and other issues came out. Then it became a race to see who could become the biggest a**hole on the servers. It got especially bad when LFR came out and really messed with people's abilities to get into groups because they either did have the gear, but not the time to raid condsistantly, or they had the time, but not the gear and no means of getting it because of the kicks they kept getting in raids.

Now days LFR isn't quite so bad in WoW. But the point here is that GS has proven detrimental to a gaming community in every instance I have encountered it. Formerly "friendly and helpful" communities turned on themselves and became very clique and elitist oriented. If you didn't have the gear, you were ostracized from a majority of guilds/clans because you didn't play hardcore.

I don't want to see that happen to Warframe. I have been on both sides of the helpful coin. To this day I make a point of running a few "low level" instances and then answering questions people who are obviously just starting out, or are getting to that point of "what next" have. People did that for me, and so I pass on the kindness. I want to see that in the Warframe community continue.

It wasn't that friendly before gear score. what kept things civil was the lack of cross server group finders
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2018
    No game needs gear scores.   At least, none (or no one) I want to play with....
    same here,gear scores remove the player importance and make it all about the gear,devs should QUIT copying crappy devs like Blizzard although yeah even Square Enix has gone towards gear more than player skill.

IMO devs are completely clueless,the whole idea of gaming is FUN.Well game/mob design should NOT be designed around the very best gear,it should be catered to your average gamer.That way when players attain very rare items and NOT from instance dungeon runs but from OPEN world bosses they can have FUN with their new found items.

Then of course levels have to be slow or by time player gets said rare item,he likely out levels it then what;s the point,hence why END GAME has become a popular trend and a BAD one.
    Bottom line,clueless devs ,terrible game designs ruin the very essence of the word FUN.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2018

k61977 said:

There is a easy way to make it so you wouldn't be able to have the elitist pricks kicking people, you make it only appear to the player only. Sure they could ask you what it is but you don't have to tell them if you don't want to.

If you don't tell them, you will be kicked. Haven't you played with elitist assholes before?
    Hagdrisil

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Ridelynn said:

I've got, maybe 30-40 hours in Warframe total. Up to MR6 or so.

I still have no clue what I'm doing. I join in a mission with experienced folks, I struggle to just keep up with them, let alone actually get to shoot anything. Or I get turned around in a tunnel, and see the "3/4 players waiting" at the exit point while I scramble past trying to find it myself, and didn't even get to see the boss or whatever the objective was.

I feel badly when that happens. But only way to get through it is to go through it.

I have a lot more fun in the game when I solo a run and just go open every crate and shoot every mob. Sure, it takes more than 95 seconds, but I don't feel nearly as badly about it.

So sorry if I'm part of the problem that has people wanting GS in the game. I honestly am still figuring out all the mods and stuff, I haven't exactly picked up on all the nuances of how difficult certain missions can be, I don't have the maps memorized, and I'm old and clumsy and get lost easily.

This is me. I could have written this. Perfect.

I love this game. I love figuring it out through trial and error. I used to group a lot (in other games) and I'm glad the option is here, but I Iove that you can solo in this game and play your own way.