Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monster Hunter World Being Optimized for PC & Primed for an Autumn 2018 Release - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I was hyped for monster hunter world not anymore the combat sucks they can keep their game.
    JeffSpicoli
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    edited January 2018
    Anthem should be released near that date. This is a bad business decision for these dudes, they should have had the PC version ready together with consoles, instead they simply showed where their priorities lie, i.e. not on the PC, and PC gamers remember this, always. We always remember what dev optimized for PC and had a very good running title, and that other dev that you have to download some additional app to make their game run in fullscreen properly, hello Nier.
    And I'm not buying this "optimizing for PC" as if they want to make it sound they care. If they did, PC would be first to see a release, with things like 4K and MSAA and all the bells and whistles.
    Simply put, they want to pull a Destiny 2, where after almost everyone bought console, the PC released with vastly superior visuals and performance and almost everyone with a half-decent PC mentioned above jumped ship so they can play with friends, I know entire clans that moved from console. Good money for Bungie, 2xgame purchase.

First off no shit Capcom put Monster Hunter Priority on consoles, its a console Game, this getting released to PC at all was quite a shock to me. Second most likely it was a late decision to bring it to PC as well as they didn't want to just port it, they most likely are building the PC version from a different code than the consoles and it will take some time to do right. This isn't a unheard of delay in time. Final Fantasy 15 got mentioned about a PC release before it ever released on console and we probably wont see that till close to the 2 year anniversary of the game but it will be a better looking more smooth running game than the consoles versions because it isn't just a port.

Also don't think they need to worry about Anthem, I don't trust EA so much now that I have completely lost interest in their games and I know I'm not the only person with that mentality while Capcom has been doing nothing but re-earning my waivered trust in their IPs.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    They're just waiting with the PC release to get maximum console sales, they really don't want to canabalize on those.

I'll buy this one eventually. I was super hyped for MHXX on the Switch until Capcom in its infinite stupidity decided to not release it in Western countries.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Yeah, this is going to destroy dauntless.  Having played it...there's just not much to it.
    Dauntless plays much smoother but thats about all it has over MHW. Monster Hunter running at 30 fps or lower is unacceptable in 2018. I think its time for the Monster Hunter series to focus on PC first if its being held back by console hardware
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    edited January 2018
    Torval said:
    thunderC said:
    Yeah, this is going to destroy dauntless.  Having played it...there's just not much to it.
    Dauntless plays much smoother but thats about all it has over MHW. Monster Hunter running at 30 fps or lower is unacceptable in 2018. I think its time for the Monster Hunter series to focus on PC first if its being held back by console hardware
    If any hardware has held it back it's mobile not console. Consoles are going to be a priority for most publishers because while PC has a good revenue base it comes with a lot of baggage and overhead that is absent or insignificant on consoles. So with consoles being better more with a little less hassle of course they're going to get first billing.

Right now it's Switch...........PS4.3DS..Xbox............PC. In about that order. PC gamers are big pain in the ass for not any more money. There's more piracy, more entitlement, more demand, greater backlash, and no more money. They want the money but we're not first in line anymore.
    I get your point but your order is borked.

The PS4 still has the largest install base for a console and thus the highest priority.

The Switch comes second, as its explosive recent popularity makes it relevant and allows for new untapped audiences to be reached, though it should be noted that its weaker specs don't necessarily make it universally compatible. 

The PC would be third in priority right now. Highest install base of any platform, but requires more optimization and overhead. Also, for games aiming for longevity past the life cycle of a console, only the PC platform can provide that. It's also still the platform of choice for free games and independent publishing.

The 3DS is in a completely separate world. It isn't even a AAA system. It exists as the domain for almost all 3rd party AA/mid-tier development, which is largely dead on other platforms. Also, the 3DS is nearing the end of its life cycle as its flagship franchises (Pokemon, Mario, Fire Emblem, etc.) move to the Switch and take a majority of third party AA developers with them.

The XBOX One is floundering. It is a distant third place for consoles, fails to maintain relevancy, and acquires very few true exclusive titles. It is a bottom priority platform and, at this point, exists just as an easy system to port to from PS4. It'll get the port, but it isn't relevant, and isn't being developed for.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Torval said:
    thunderC said:
    If any hardware has held it back it's mobile not console. Consoles are going to be a priority for most publishers because while PC has a good revenue base it comes with a lot of baggage and overhead that is absent or insignificant on consoles. So with consoles being better more with a little less hassle of course they're going to get first billing.

Right now it's Switch...........PS4.3DS..Xbox............PC. In about that order. PC gamers are big pain in the ass for not any more money. There's more piracy, more entitlement, more demand, greater backlash, and no more money. They want the money but we're not first in line anymore.
    Interesting, I never really looked at it like that 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    If the port is good, it's worth the wait. 

I'd rather not pay Sony or Microsoft a pointless online subscription fee just to play this game online.
    Not sure about Microsoft but PSN+ is anything but pointless and can't think of a better bargain anywhere else. Just saying :)

But if you got a console only to play MHW yeah, then the whole thing is pointless. 
    In what way is PSN a good value?

For the few decent games that can be played online? You can do that for free on PC. Hell, the Switch has better online games that can curently be played online for free (and will cost 1/3rd of the PSN cost when they do start charging). What are you even playing online with PSN or XBOX Live? Destiny is a steaming pile of shit. Call of Duty? Don't make me laugh. There is barely anything of value to play online on these glorified blu ray players.

For the occassional discounts? Steam has more and better discounts.

For the free games? Yeahhhh. Periodic random indie games of low cost and variable quality totally justify having all online play being held to ransom. Sure.
    Discounts aren't occasional, every week there are new discounts. That is every week of the year. I personally had saved about £800 in 2017. That's only from the double discount part you get from being a plus number. 

About free games, you'd get one AAA title + 2 smaller/indie titles. Every month. That is about £900 more. Now many of these titles are a bit old, meaning you could already buy them through discounts. Many you don't even wanna play. For me, yearly games did worth about 40%, that is £400. 

That's £1200 in 1 year, for paying £50 sub fee. 

Not sure why are you comparing this to Steam, yes Steam offers discounts, so does every other store on the planet. This isn't about a store offering discounts. It is about paying a sub fee for extra discounts. Steam doesn't do that. 

Of course as I said, all of this is a bargain when you own a PS4 and you are playing games on it. If you just want to buy one to play MHW, as I said before, it is useless yes! :)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    If the port is good, it's worth the wait. 

I'd rather not pay Sony or Microsoft a pointless online subscription fee just to play this game online.
    Not sure about Microsoft but PSN+ is anything but pointless and can't think of a better bargain anywhere else. Just saying :)

But if you got a console only to play MHW yeah, then the whole thing is pointless. 
    In what way is PSN a good value?

For the few decent games that can be played online? You can do that for free on PC. Hell, the Switch has better online games that can curently be played online for free (and will cost 1/3rd of the PSN cost when they do start charging). What are you even playing online with PSN or XBOX Live? Destiny is a steaming pile of shit. Call of Duty? Don't make me laugh. There is barely anything of value to play online on these glorified blu ray players.

For the occassional discounts? Steam has more and better discounts.

For the free games? Yeahhhh. Periodic random indie games of low cost and variable quality totally justify having all online play being held to ransom. Sure.
    PS+ has some nice stuff. It's not always great, but it's decent enough. It could be better. They could improve on backwards and cross platform compatibility with their titles and PS+, but overall it's still worth it or I wouldn't pay for it.

https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/playstation-plus-january-2018/

Sony is not doing backwards, instead they invested a lot on remasters. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung