Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice 2017 - The Most Wanted MMO - General Awards

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Ashes of Creation

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    edited January 2018
    I'd vote for crowfall if it was shadowbane 2 but sadly it is not

that only leaves CU
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I voted for Pantheon, even though there is no way it will be coming out in 2018. It's the only game that features PVE.
    Jadden
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Aw, I'm sorry to see Dual Universe has so few votes. It's the only one I know of that is trying to truly step out of the box (or even cookie mold) of most "new" MMORPGs and has tested early on specifically for massive numbers of players. It appears it will have truly creative building with advanced features, vehicles (spaceships) that will use (possibly require) multiple crew members with different functions, and procedurally-generated worlds to explore, exploit, and maybe fight over. Sort of like Eve combined with that game that was hyped so much and then turned out to be single player and "winnable" much faster than expected.

I'm also looking forward to the full release (whenever it will be) of Worlds Adrift, and any of the hopeful "spiritual successors" to City of Heroes.

What I'd really like is to have a team put together the game I have in my head I call Altijad, but that's another story...
    killerqueer
  • Anfere31Anfere31 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Pantheon, dont fail pls !
  • tiborbtiborb Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Crowfall all the way!
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    I voted Star Citizen but a few titles caught my eye. Chronicles of Elyria likely has another two years of development before it releases. Crowfall intrigues me, but because it is so innovative in it's approach I am not sure that I will care for it (I am currently not sure how much I like the art direction). Pantheon also intrigues me, but it needs a lot of polish before I will throw money at it.

Star Citizen is probably the closest to release next to Crowfall, so naturally I am looking forward to it the most. The likelihood of a 2018 release is slim.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I could be wrong but i think Dual Universe is being a bit misleading.I feel it will simply end up H1Z1 but with space ideas instead of zombies.People will mad build stuff until they get bored then it will be a ghost town within 6 months.
    There is nothing i see so far that i just have to have or have to play,i'll wait until i actually see finished games before i decide if i have to play it.
    I am simply not basing any hype on hear say or marketing videos.

Sadly what has been happening from game to game is they all lack too much,they come off as one trick ponies,selling off of one idea.No developer is putting in the whole nine yards effort,so i am not buying their half assed work.

Best bet imo ,a game that will likely be for sure a can't miss,Age of Empires 4.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HobongusHobongus Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Best vaporware list 2018.
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Well hell, I certainly don't expect it in 2018, but since it's on there, Pantheon.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    voted Ashes of Creation
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Voted Crowfall. CU is a close second.
    Dual Universe looks cool, but I see its open world/playstyle as just being another psychopaths' playground.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Shaigh said:

Torval said:

Shaigh said:

If I remove all games I don't find to be MMO's and all games that won't release in 2018 the only game left is Bless Online.

I'm going to be playing Ashes in 2018, dunno about you.

I hope it won't release in 2018 because if it does its going to be as generic and as flawed as bless online.

Quite a leap you did there...

Anyway I voted Bless Online over Ashes as Bless WILL be here this year, but I am hyped for both.
    I'm in Ashes beta though which might be late year after the alpha's have broken things in.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    I feel like I'll be trying a few MMORP games this year!
    Wish we would have more details in release dates, are we even sure that the big ones in the list will be released this year? (Crowfall, AoC etc)
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited January 2018
    CONAN EXILES LAUNCHES OFFICIALLY ON 8th MAY 2018. To those asking if we should be voting on games not releasing this year. Some are releasing.
    Post edited by Konfess on

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• M.D.33M.D.33 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Crowfall
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Camelot Unchained.Nothing else to say
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Vexiusx said:

Anthem of-course.

Hope they will show Destiny 2 what it should of been and take their small remaining playerbase away.

From the people that brought you BF2, EA introduces Anthem!
    Play all you want!*
    *Playing on average $5per hour, local charges may apply.
    This is the problem with Anthem.  Most of the vocal gaming community wants to shit on anything EA, and Bioware to a lesser extent, puts out.  Unless Anthem is absolutely flawless we're not going to see a great reception.  

I'm just not sure the game can be successful.  Bioware has yet to prove they can create an engaging open world or a great combat system.  I expect Anthem will be "good" as Bioware is well aware of what another mediocre game will do to their reputation.  I'm just not sure it will be good enough.  

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Jonnyp2 said:

Vexiusx said:

Anthem of-course.

Hope they will show Destiny 2 what it should of been and take their small remaining playerbase away.

Play all you want!*
    This is the problem with Anthem.  Most of the vocal gaming community wants to shit on anything EA, and Bioware to a lesser extent, puts out.  Unless Anthem is absolutely flawless we're not going to see a great reception.  

I'm just not sure the game can be successful.  Bioware has yet to prove they can create an engaging open world or a great combat system.  I expect Anthem will be "good" as Bioware is well aware of what another mediocre game will do to their reputation.  I'm just not sure it will be good enough.  

You don't need to want to shit on everything EA to just be plain wary of any new releases coming from them and want to take a long hard look at whatever new and improved monetization scheme they come up with before getting too excited about the actual game features. 
    esc-joconnor
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• shadyjane63shadyjane63 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Camelot Unchained just because I want it.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Jonnyp2 said:

Vexiusx said:

Anthem of-course.

Play all you want!*

Actually, I want Anthem to succeed more than any game in the past few years. An MMOTPS? Sign me up. I love MMOs. I prefer third person shooters to first person shooters. Anthem looks to be a gorgeous game brimming with potential.

I'd accept a good outcome. If Anthem is even "good," I'd be overjoyed. We deserve a good game in this new genre, and Destiny isn't even close to being it.
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Pantheon for me. I don't think it will release in 2018 but I am hoping to start alpha this year. :)
    Jadden
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited January 2018
    I voted Wild West simply because as much as I like fantasy I have zero interest in another fantasy MMO. And many of those games aren't even MMOs. Star Citizen won't be ready in 2018 so I'm not voting for that one and I'm not sure that it qualifies as an MMO anyway. After Mu and Devilian I have zero faith in a korean ARPG. So Lineage Eternal, or whatever its called now, and Lost Ark are off my radar.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited January 2018

I voted Wild West simply because as much as I like fantasy I have zero interest in another fantasy MMO. And many of those games aren't even MMOs. Star Citizen won't be ready in 2018 so I'm not voting for that one and I'm not sure that it qualifies as an MMO anyway.

never mind
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Camelot Unchained FTW! Best company leadership, team, and philosophy. They're making the game the right way. From scratch.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!