Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan Review - It Gets What Being an ARPG Means - General Columns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWild Buster: Heroes of Titan Review - It Gets What Being an ARPG Means - General Columns

Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan is a new, early access, arrival on the hybrid MMO-ARPG scene from Insel Games. An aggressive cyborg race called the Broken threatens to systematically ravage the galaxy and transform and absorb every human into its collaborative. Standing against this merciless onslaught are two rival human factions, the Guardians and the Abandon. This is our Wild Busters: Heroes of Titan review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KSibKSib Member UncommonPosts: 33
    When I tried it, it certainly felt like a game lacking polish. Probably won't have much of a player base.
    nomurah
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    What bugged me is that each map is just the same setup. It needed more variety.
    ElvocSignexTokken

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    It was ok for an hour or so but I felt like I was really bored during the second hour.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Couldn't even bring myself to finish the tutorial. Utterly boring, generic crap. Go play Diablo 3, Victor Vran, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, or pretty much any other ARPG ever made.
    Oyjord

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• claytondoraclaytondora Member UncommonPosts: 28
    The game doesn't seem to justify its B2P model very well.

Why would I pay $20 for this when I can pay $0 to play Path of Exile?
    BillMurphyAyinHarikenSignexG4NK3D
  • MiuraMiura Member UncommonPosts: 16

Torval said:

The game doesn't seem to justify its B2P model very well.

Why would I pay $20 for this when I can pay $0 to play Path of Exile?

Why? Because for $20 with no cash shop is a much more attractive way to package and sell a game to me. They want $20 and if they want more then they need to make that attractive enough for me to open my wallet.

With Path the amount they want from me doesn't have an end point. While you can play cheap early on it's not hard to spend way more than $20, or you can grind a really long time. That actually isn't as attractive to me as just buying the game, like Victor Vran or Grim Dawn.

This game does have fun combat. It's stumbling on how that is put together, specifically the repetition of the map design. But then again my early experience in Path is that it can also be very repetitious. Same with Victor Vran, but not so much Grim Dawn. GD excels in the narrative driven experience in my opinion and the ARPG repetition part doesn't hit until much later.

TL;DR - Because a packaged purchase is much more attractive than something with no spending end point.

You are really telling to us that a Free to play model that only wants money for SKINS wants more that a B2P model?¿
    You can play with every class, every build, in every map, from the start to the end in path of the exile for 0,0 $ ....
    That rethoric is complete shit sir
    AyinSignex
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I tried it with a beta key you guys gave out here and thank you. It was fun to play and it will be interesting to see how it is when released fully. But its a wait and see kind of game to me.
    [Deleted User]BillMurphy
  • PotatoPureePotatoPuree Member CommonPosts: 4
    The major problem for this game is it's buy to play. No one would pay for $20 to buy a game with no player base.
    ManWithNoTan
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    This game is atrocious. No character building in the game at all. In fact playing one of the characters the alternative skills you could pick were literally the same skill function wise with a different name. Gutter trash game as it currently stands. Needs a lot of work to not be boring.