Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monster Hunter World Being Optimized for PC & Primed for an Autumn 2018 Release - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMonster Hunter World Being Optimized for PC & Primed for an Autumn 2018 Release - MMORPG.com News

The latest Monster Hunter World PC Development Update has been "tweeted" that reveals that the game is being optimized for PC and that the release date is targeting autumn 2018. The PlayStation 4 and XBox One versions will be released on January 26th, so it means quite a bit longer in the oven for PC players. But this may be a diamond in the rough for PC players as there will be more monsters released between now and then and more content. That's always a good thing.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• djnj2000djnj2000 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Such a long wait, but still excited, I think I rather play this over Dauntless
    LucienRenekhameleonNordicApacheReaperman69darkhearts
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Long wait :(
    JeffSpicolichocolate42069

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'll wait for sure. Just wish it was sooner.
    khameleonNordicApachechocolate42069

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2018
    Well, i'll be getting this game twice. On PS4 shortly after launch, and on a Steam sale next year.

I rather have a good game on multiple platforms than spend the same amount of money on a shitty game that requires the cash shop to even enjoy it. That's for sure.
    khameleonSandistic

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    If the port is good, it's worth the wait. 

I'd rather not pay Sony or Microsoft a pointless online subscription fee just to play this game online.
    khameleonNordicApachedarkhearts
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited January 2018
    Was going to wait for PC but thats a little long, TBH by the time it releases im guessing I wont even be all that interested in it . Now the question is, can i tolerate the lousy FPS and washed out graphics of the PS4 ? Although i found the beta to be very fun the PS4 's limitations felt like it was holding a great game back.

And no im not buying a PS4 pro just for this game.....
    khameleon
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

thunderC said:

Was going to wait for PC but thats a little long, TBH by the time it releases im guessing I wont even be all that interested in it . Now the question is, can i tolerate the lousy FPS and washed out graphics of the PS4 ? Although i found the beta to be very fun the PS4 's limitations felt like it was holding a great game back.

If you are a fan of monster hunter, youve been playing it on low resolution, handheld systems for a decade now with horrible limitations in comparison to the new PS4 version..
    LucienReneJeffSpicoliKnaveSkye

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Far to long of a wait. Will definitely not pre order or buy day one now. Will wait for reviews on the port. (Don't have much hope for a good one)
    khameleonJeffSpicoliNordicApache
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

triikor said:

Far to long of a wait. Will definitely not pre order or buy day one now. Will wait for reviews on the port. (Don't have much hope for a good one)

Why? The longer it takes means more work was put into it...
    NordicApache

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2018
    If this game doesn't use a "Rootkit" aka Game Guard for example, then perhaps the game could bring down NCsoft's Blade & soul which has many problems from certain game-play to crashing of peoples computers if running Asmedia Sata Drivers.

Also Goodbye Dauntless because this game could easily make this become one of the biggest flops given character models in MHO look better than Dauntless anyways, and cosmetic options that are there.
    khameleon
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

khameleon said:

thunderC said:

If you are a fan of monster hunter, youve been playing it on low resolution, handheld systems for a decade now with horrible limitations in comparison to the new PS4 version..

True. Guess I just expected more in 2017... Plus iv really been spoiled over the past year or so after investing in a ultra wide monitor an a pc that can push ultra . Its not really the graphics that turn me its the sluggish fps, no-one else felt the game played a bit sluggish?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    I don't like getting a port that long after the console release.  Probably have to pick it up on ps4 now...  
    JeffSpicoli
  • thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    WTF autumn? not buying the game anymore.
    JeffSpicoli
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Aeander said:

I'd rather not pay Sony or Microsoft a pointless online subscription fee just to play this game online.
    Not sure about Microsoft but PSN+ is anything but pointless and can't think of a better bargain anywhere else. Just saying :)

But if you got a console only to play MHW yeah, then the whole thing is pointless. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Autumn 2018.. who's going to double dip?

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    With that kind of wait I am hoping for much more than just a Port, a ground up building of the PC version is what I am hopeful for similar to what Squenix is doing with FF15 PC.
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Renoaku said:

If this game doesn't use a "Rootkit" aka Game Guard for example, then perhaps the game could bring down NCsoft's Blade & soul which has many problems from certain game-play to crashing of peoples computers if running Asmedia Sata Drivers.

Also Goodbye Dauntless because this game could easily make this become one of the biggest flops given character models in MHO look better than Dauntless anyways, and cosmetic options that are there.

Sure, but people are playing Dauntless now and it will be playable with content being added likely for years to come. How limiting it must be to believe you can only interact with one specimen from any given genre at a time.
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

thunderC said:

khameleon said:

thunderC said:

True. Guess I just expected more in 2017... Plus iv really been spoiled over the past year or so after investing in a ultra wide monitor an a pc that can push ultra . Its not really the graphics that turn me its the sluggish fps, no-one else felt the game played a bit sluggish?

I think your expectations are unfounded. Monster Hunter has largely been the same game since 2004. This is the first major overhaul it has gotten since then.
  • triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25

khameleon said:

triikor said:

Why? The longer it takes means more work was put into it...

By Q3 2018 I won't have any hype left for the game, even with the longer wait I still think the port is going to be shit. So I'll wait for reviews
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Anthem should be released near that date. This is a bad business decision for these dudes, they should have had the PC version ready together with consoles, instead they simply showed where their priorities lie, i.e. not on the PC, and PC gamers remember this, always. We always remember what dev optimized for PC and had a very good running title, and that other dev that you have to download some additional app to make their game run in fullscreen properly, hello Nier.
    And I'm not buying this "optimizing for PC" as if they want to make it sound they care. If they did, PC would be first to see a release, with things like 4K and MSAA and all the bells and whistles.
    Simply put, they want to pull a Destiny 2, where after almost everyone bought console, the PC released with vastly superior visuals and performance and almost everyone with a half-decent PC mentioned above jumped ship so they can play with friends, I know entire clans that moved from console. Good money for Bungie, 2xgame purchase.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

KnaveSkye said:

Renoaku said:

Sure, but people are playing Dauntless now and it will be playable with content being added likely for years to come. How limiting it must be to believe you can only interact with one specimen from any given genre at a time.

Tried Dauntless... while semi-decent it will need a few years to get to the same polish state as monster hunter. Not to mention every sinle big patch drags it closer and closer to p2w sadly.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    well, if they really optimize it, np.

surely don't wanna play some console optimized bullshit

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Tried the beta and couldn't get over the 'ugh...controller' feeling. Not a super-hype game for me anyway, never played the other games. It looks cool and was fun enough. I'll see how the port goes.
    As for going up against Anthem... great choice. Because EA. Monster hunter is an established IP with a seemingly big fanbase. EA's gonna screw up Anthem, people already hate EA, so MH will give everyone something else to play.
    That's my hope anyway. ;p
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited January 2018
    Aeander said:

Not sure about Microsoft but PSN+ is anything but pointless and can't think of a better bargain anywhere else. Just saying :)

But if you got a console only to play MHW yeah, then the whole thing is pointless. 
    In what way is PSN a good value?

For the few decent games that can be played online? You can do that for free on PC. Hell, the Switch has better online games that can curently be played online for free (and will cost 1/3rd of the PSN cost when they do start charging). What are you even playing online with PSN or XBOX Live? Destiny is a steaming pile of shit. Call of Duty? Don't make me laugh. There is barely anything of value to play online on these glorified blu ray players.

For the occassional discounts? Steam has more and better discounts.

For the free games? Yeahhhh. Periodic random indie games of low cost and variable quality totally justify having all online play being held to ransom. Sure.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Yeah, this is going to destroy dauntless.  Having played it...there's just not much to it.