Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ever heard of the Pi-Top brand~ Blackberry Pi type device available online?

CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
I found their site yesterday or the day before and am in awe. I wish i had known ages ago. Ordering one soon. Looks amazing and exactly what i need to have a device that has a simple and customizable  and coder friendly OS, as well as a device that itself is module and easy to improve upon to customize it to your needs. So amazing. :dizzy:

I looked into buying a PocketCHIP but they are less versatile and I have never seen them in stock..

https://pi-top.com/products/ceed

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    edited January 2018
    This isn't a new way of spamming is it? :#

Edit: nvm, you're a legit poster, carry on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Meh, not really. I figured someone out there may be in need of a device such as this, and after days of searching for a decent mini computer i could buy, became frustrating, i can't build it myself so the price goes up for pre-built ones, and i'm not nerdy enough to know what features and specs each variation offers over another that makes it more worth it. But this one has a form of linux on it, and has more specs similar to a laptop, and is just seems to have a more comfortable design for me to use as well. :)
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    For future reference, this would have been more appropriate for the hardware section of the forum.

It looks to me like it's basically a super low end laptop in a different form factor.  Whether that's the sort of product that you're looking for is up to you.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I remember talking about this a few years ago,is this an old thread?I don't see any date attached to thread.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Wizardry said:
    I remember talking about this a few years ago,is this an old thread?I don't see any date attached to thread.
    Because it was created today, so there's just the time-stamp.
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    That's kind of right, Quizzical, I have a gaming laptop already, what I'm actually looking for is a light weight, easily used laptop or tablet that can be used for creating things like games, making any kind of music or writing. This particular one can also help make projects with robotic parts, and has a coding curriculum installed on it, as well as Linux instead of windows. To me it'll be helpful. I have trouble using a laptop all the time, as my spinal cord injury makes it tough to stay in the same position for long, and desktops are worse, having to be in an office chair.