Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COE funding continues to grow

1235»

Comments

• CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Kyleran said:
    Calaruil said:
    And they still have nothing to show for it.  Cool?
    I'm sure Caspien's New Year 2018 update will be enlightening :)

I sure hope so, I've become interested in the game and would like to see where they are at and what the future holds.

If all is looking good I am going to pledge/preorder for a basic copy of the game
    Such a miser, how ever will this game be made without fanatic like support like SC gets from its believers?

If they can buy $50/$100 plots of land, $795 tanks and spaceships costing thousands of dollars, surely you can dig a little deeper.

;)
    Lol I spent  too much on the kids at Christmas...
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    OrangeBoy said:
    https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23007/game-over-for-me

Guy makes great points, but nothing different than what's been discussed

Love the way he points out the insanity of the OPC concept.   This has always been one of the points that I think will cause the most backlash by the diehards.   They are absolutely SOLD on this concept that their characters will live on and function with incredible AI when they logoff.  IMHA when they see the reality and how it gets exploited by certain folks looking for jollies... they are going to turn on SBS like a wolfpack.

Therein lies the real issue.
    Not only does SBS have to deliver a game, which imo is going to be impossible without an investor, they also have to deliver on promises.

And when I look historically at development in this genre, what SBS is stating they will do, is just not possible with the resourses they have.

Just popping out a clone with tried and true mechanics would be doubtful.

But historically, look what ArenaNet created vs. what they wanted to create.

Go ahead and Google the GW2 Manifesto.

How much of this did they REALLY accomplish? Sure, they created mechanics intended to achieve the effect,  the mechanics functioned as mechanics, but didn't deliver on the intended promise.

Creating new mechanics always has a trade off. GW2 tried to re invent the wheel. But in the end, it didn't roll faster.
    Slapshot1188
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I keep on meaning to save this down daily but between work and and the Christmas/New Year disruption I've just not gotten around to it.

Seems there has been a further uptick after Christmas.

I think this must be giving them some comfort. £100k a month is surely covering their expenses at this point. Given their slow start I think they must have had enough cash for end of 2018. I would say every month they keep this up is a an extra month of development time beyond December 2018.
  • DleatherusDleatherus Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I keep on meaning to save this down daily but between work and and the Christmas/New Year disruption I've just not gotten around to it.

I think this must be giving them some comfort. £100k a month is surely covering their expenses at this point. Given their slow start I think they must have had enough cash for end of 2018. I would say every month they keep this up is a an extra month of development time beyond December 2018.
    i wouldn't be surprised to see a slowdown for the next 3 months or so

2 factors in my opinion helped boost the last 2-3 months of funding:

#1 The Free KIngdom of Eyria campaign for the NA-E server (raised $95,000)

#2 The announcement of the retiring of Nobility packages from the store (Count/Duke/Monarch packages)

what is interesting to note is that (approximately) 60% of the duchy packages were sold and 40% of the count packages were sold, meaning many of the duchies and the majority of the counties will start off being run by NPC's

i haven't seen a reason as to why they cut off the sales of these packages (perhaps they want a mix of paid for titles and npc ones that can be taken by players who didn't pledge for titles?) 

it would seem to indicate however, that in removing the most expensive pledges from the store, they aren't currently hurting for money
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265

Quite possible, I hope not though.
  • CantPlayHockeyCantPlayHockey Member UncommonPosts: 55

2 factors in my opinion helped boost the last 2-3 months of funding:

#1 The Free KIngdom of Eyria campaign for the NA-E server (raised $95,000)

#2 The announcement of the retiring of Nobility packages from the store (Count/Duke/Monarch packages)

what is interesting to note is that (approximately) 60% of the duchy packages were sold and 40% of the count packages were sold, meaning many of the duchies and the majority of the counties will start off being run by NPC's

i haven't seen a reason as to why they cut off the sales of these packages (perhaps they want a mix of paid for titles and npc ones that can be taken by players who didn't pledge for titles?) 

it would seem to indicate however, that in removing the most expensive pledges from the store, they aren't currently hurting for money
    My guess is that they want to do land selection soon and that's why they've cut off sales for those who would be involved.

That's just my own personal assumption