Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The positive CoE challenge:

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Yes, please flag me.
    You guys are so full of dishonesty encouraged by your glorious leader that I would like the mods to pay closer attention to threads like these.

I wouldn't even be surprised if a quick inspection would show that fat skater boy has the same IP as the previous 5 Ordanskas.
    CalaruilYashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
  • CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited January 2018
    Dakeru said:
    Yes, please flag me.
    You guys are so full of dishonesty encouraged by your glorious leader that I would like the mods to pay closer attention to threads like these.

I wouldn't even be surprised if a quick inspection would show that fat skater boy has the same IP as the previous 5 Ordanskas.
    Right please read my post properly and carefully I said flag this thread as derailed and nothing of flagging you or anyone else.

Secondly don't put me as a Coe community member, I have not yet decided to pledge to the game because I'm not 100% convinced on it. I have clearly said before I am here looking for a new mmorpg and was brought to this forum due to the recent discussions tab.

I am here to find out about the game whilst trying to be neutral
    I defended slapshot previously from an unwarranted accusation and I will do the same for ICantPlayHockey until he proves me wrong.

Edit

You know up addresses are easy to change right, from using an tor to just switching a device from lan to mobile network, to changing the sim in the mobile device...
    Calaruil said:

You know up addresses are easy to change right, from using an tor to just switching a device from lan to mobile network, to changing the sim in the mobile device...
    Yes it is easy.
    But this guy posted under the name Drake and/or Ordanska several times denying the previous version was him.

It's part of his fun, trolling in an obvious way.
    More satisfying I guess?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • dannyzendannyzen Member CommonPosts: 3
    This is really easy
  • CantPlayHockeyCantPlayHockey Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Dakeru said:
    Yes, please flag me.

The relentless attacks on my character are starting to become laughable

Please MODs, do a quick inspection of my account. Verify I am who I say I am and not who I say I am not. I relish the chance for exoneration and proving what I say has been true all along

Dakeru said:
    Calaruil said:

Yes it is easy.
    But this guy posted under the name Drake and/or Ordanska several times denying the previous version was him.

It's part of his fun, trolling in an obvious way.
    More satisfying I guess?

I'm still confused how you can come to this conclusion over and over again.

Why do I have to be your boogeyman and can't be someone who is actually new to the forums? This kind of slander and character assassination doesn't do anything except make you look quite strange and defensive.

Sure I'm defensive as well, and that's because I'm compelled to defend myself. I can't let you undermine my credibility, but you don't have to attempt to go after my character in the first place

You are Drake Ordanska.
    The notorious troll and blatant liar of the CoE community.
    OrangeBoy
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    You are Drake Ordanska.

Flagged
    OrangeBoy
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Dakeru said:
    You are Drake Ordanska.
    Just ignore them and they will fade away.They just want to bring their negative drama here.  As WOPR once said: The only winning move is not to play.

PS:  He's not even notorious in his community.  They have no idea who he is.

Calaruil

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Dakeru said:
    You are Drake Ordanska.
    Just ignore them and they will fade away.They just want to bring their negative drama here.  As WOPR once said: The only winning move is not to play.

PS:  He's not even notorious in his community.  They have no idea who he is.

Right! I don't have any notoriety because I'm not notorious, who knew!

All I did was come on here and raise a counter-point and immediately put onto the defensive by people who refuse to accept a new member in their midst

OrangeBoy
  • DleatherusDleatherus Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited January 2018
    ROFL - Slapshot you crack me up

you're fine lumping all folks who support and back CoE as "you guys" white knights who blindly live in an ivory tower, and yet are offended by the term 'negative twits'?

bit of a double standard there 

my comment was made in public so no 'oh we found out what your real purpose is' 

in fact i have always made it clear that my goal here is to point out the positives of CoE

p.s. be a good chap and put up the $3.5 million the community has pulled together through crowd funding - ty :)

EDITED to add: i'm more than happy to correct figures if i am in error, and to self-report that fact

when i got the figures direct from caspian i didn't go 'oh shit i made a mistake better cover it up' - one of the first things i did was publish those figures here so that the corrected and current ones were shown

i see that as a positive action and happy to stand corrected, even if that correction isn't in my favor
    Post edited by Dleatherus on
    CantPlayHockey
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Come to these forums and act like saints, go back to their troll caves in CoE and Discord to act like little girls

And these are people that walk amongst the general population
    mystichaze
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited January 2018
    The last few pages of this thread has just been embarrassing.
    CantPlayHockey
    Slap you negative twit be a good chap and put up gathered money as a positive trait will ya?
    Slapshot1188
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Don't worry, this will all go away as soon as the project closes down.
    Hopefully with the 2+ Million Dollars they've been able to collect since their KS is an indication they won't be closing down and will be able to provide us a new game to play!
    YashaX
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited January 2018
    Hopefully with the 2+ Million Dollars they've been able to collect since their KS is an indication they won't be closing down and will be able to provide us a new game to play!
    If they get an investor, I'll change my opinion of the project. Until then, I just can't see this as enough.

If they do manage to self fund this game to completion and the game isn't some bastardized shell of a game and has any measure depth that isn't referring to player's wallets, I'll be impressed. Hell I'll even buy it.

In either of the 2 possibilities above, they still have to figure out how to balance the pre paid perks against newcomers after the game releases.

It's all just a very tall order.
    Slapshot1188
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Defenders of this game will often try to claim that the critics leave out all the positive about the game.  I have asked multiple times for them to provide examples but so far have met silence.  So here I will call out a challenge:  

List the positives but include only things that actually exist (not promised to someday exist) and nothing related to stuff you can buy.

Here I will start you off:

1. They have a diehard and dedicated community base of a few thousand potential players.  
    2. The developers interact with the diehard community on their forums and Discord.  
    3. The developers have created some nifty background concepts/outlines for the future world.

Reserved for all the future positives supplied:

• Published a Revised Schedule with S2 2019 as new target date (Kyleran)
    • As of July have hired 4 Leads to work on the game (Kyleran)
    • Showed a small jousting demo this year and a cave exploration demo last year (Wellspring)
    • Put together nice promo videos (Kyleran) and "2 screenshots" (Just Drake)
    • Friends and Family Vox Elyria (minecraft) Alpha started (Deatherus)

I will update this post with any positives that meet the above criteria.

Go!

Apparently, from their recent news, about finding backers, they don't want to use loot-boxes to money gouge their players.

On that alone, I'll buy this game if it ever comes out.
    mystichaze
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    What's the difference between loot-boxes or any other P2W scheme?

You'll buy it if it has the multiple purchase packages to get an advantage over the game, but not randomized loot boxes? At least with randomized loot boxes the buyer doesn't know if his money will be efficiently spent.

But in the grand scheme of things, what's the difference?
    Dakeru
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    There have been many assumptions as to the current numbers regarding CoE. Well, I would just like to clear that up so that it can be posted properly in the OP. Slapshot stated we have a few thousand pledged members. This is wrong. We actually have 16000 to date.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    There have been many assumptions as to the current numbers regarding CoE. Well, I would just like to clear that up so that it can be posted properly in the OP. Slapshot stated we have a few thousand pledged members. This is wrong. We actually have 16000 to date.

He said CoE has "a diehard and dedicated community base of a few thousand potential players" and clarified that this does not mean the number of pledges or forum accounts. 

Ironically the 16K pledges figure is more than a third lower than the 50K figure that another CoE zealot on this thread insisted should be listed as a positive!
    Slapshot1188
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    YashaX said:

He said CoE has "a diehard and dedicated community base of a few thousand potential players" and clarified that this does not mean the number of pledges or forum accounts. 

Ironically the 16K pledges figure is more than a third lower than the 50K figure that another CoE zealot on this thread insisted should be listed as a positive!
    Regardless of what was stated in the past, those -are- the current numbers, confirmed by a member of SBS.  In addition, I see no such clarification in the OPs post about his -few- thousand potential players. 

1. They have a diehard and dedicated community base of a few thousand potential players.  
    2. The developers interact with the diehard community on their forums and Discord.  
    3. The developers have created some nifty background concepts/outlines for the future world.
    Facts should never stand in the way of a good rant / hate campaign.
    Facts should never stand in the way of a good rant / hate campaign.
    mystichaze said:
    Now you might argue that they are trying to drain our wallets now, but my counter to that would be it is our choice if we want to help finance the game or not. With over 5000 players on Discord alone, and I believe the last I heard we have over 150,000 players invested through pledges. 
    Glad Harbinger is helping you guys to understand the facts ;)

(In case that's unclear, in December mystichaze thought there were 150,000 pledges, now it understands that the figure is closer to 10x less than that. But mysti is just playing funny buggers (or has a very short memory) because all this was clarified recently in the thread https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/470498/developer-seems-frustrated-that-publishers-dont-understand-coes-appeal/p5)  .

Slapshot1188
    edited January 2018
    You are clearly not reading. I have nothing to do with the # of pledges line of discussion.
    You are clearly not reading. I have nothing to do with the # of pledges line of discussion.
    You obviously missed the point.
    Slapshot1188EponyxDamor