Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Concurrent Users Set a New Record of 3M Online - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• CalaruilCalaruil Member UncommonPosts: 141

I red somewhere you can win from only hiding. Maybe I will try it but im bad at aiming.

You can. As someone who's also terrible at aiming I can vouch. Wona game once by hiding under a tractor for 10 minuets. Then crept slowly around a mountain before shooting the last guy in the side while he was looking another direction, missed him twice, shot 3 times the entire game.

Granted being good at shooting makes the game ALOT easier. I spend games geting eleminated early in gunfights right off the plane, but it is an FPS. It's also fun sometimes just to run into the mess with a pistol and see what happens. That's another reason the game is so popular, you can get into a gun-fight, die, and be dropping in on the next game in three or four mins.       

I find dropping somewhere remote helps.
  • VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    3million online, 1.5million of them are people who bought new copies of the game due to cheating and are back at cheating..
    AriesTiger
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited December 2017
    Vandarix said:
    3million online, 1.5million of them are people who bought new copies of the game due to cheating and are back at cheating..
    Millennial script kiddies. It's pretty shameful. I remember getting an invite to a publisher's discord (as a shareholder) that explained the gaming companies are keeping shared lists of all the hackers, account sellers and sharing all their information among them. Including name, address, location, ip addresses and any software found on their PC.

The worst part of that data harvesting...it's not even for them, it's for the feds.
    Post edited by AriesTiger on
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I observed that the number of concurrent players in CSGO has been lower lately.

People probably switched to PUBG.
    To be fair though, old content gets old kinda fast. In about 6 months or so it'll probably even out.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    edited December 2017
    Vandarix said:
    lol i saw this as well.  doesnt look good when half your player base is cheating.

oh wait i forgot, nobody hacks in games and anybody who thinks there are hackers is just bad.
  • metarealmetareal Member UncommonPosts: 32
    If or when PUBG will be removed from Steam China those numbers will massively drop. But survial games should stay popular as we live in times of uncertainty (cliamate change, economic, political, nuclear, etc).
    Calaruil said:

I red somewhere you can win from only hiding. Maybe I will try it but im bad at aiming.

You can. As someone who's also terrible at aiming I can vouch. Wona game once by hiding under a tractor for 10 minuets. Then crept slowly around a mountain before shooting the last guy in the side while he was looking another direction, missed him twice, shot 3 times the entire game.

Granted being good at shooting makes the game ALOT easier. I spend games geting eleminated early in gunfights right off the plane, but it is an FPS. It's also fun sometimes just to run into the mess with a pistol and see what happens. That's another reason the game is so popular, you can get into a gun-fight, die, and be dropping in on the next game in three or four mins.       

I find dropping somewhere remote helps.
    You play exactly like me it seems.

I've had the game 3 days and I am bad. my only advantage is that in 10 or so games I have about 7 kills. so I am happy 
  • noll1ngtonnoll1ngton Member UncommonPosts: 32
    And yet PUBG is neither an rpg or an mmo.  But rather a multiplayer fps
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    So wait a minute......
    Are we saying the reason this game got to be as popular as it did is because you can cheat in it?

So wait a minute......
    Are we saying the reason this game got to be as popular as it did is because you can cheat in it?

No I actually think then concept is great but when so many people are playing and there is cheats available those with a small "Purple Effect New Image Science" then you get a large amount of hackers
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    i dont see the appeal on those types of games , there is at least 1-2 that pop every year is popular as hell and then dies fast...
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Steam always has some titles that just 2 or 3 easily pass through the million, even on steam the 1% rule applies xD
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    DrunkWolf said:
    Vandarix said:
    lol i saw this as well.  doesnt look good when half your player base is cheating.

oh wait i forgot, nobody hacks in games and anybody who thinks there are hackers is just bad.
    I've always laughed at the volume of cheat accusations in online games but PUBG is the first game to make me reconsider.  In about 5 days of play the death cam has lead me to believe that it's not uncommon for folks to use position tracking, snap-to aim-bots, and possibly something that eliminates recoil.  I suspect that the death cam is a little wonky but I can't ignore 1.5m bans.