Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXM Shutting Down - 'It Came Down to a Matter of Business'

13»

Comments

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    The game had way to many modes and queues.

- PVE normal, hard, extreme, distortion
    - Arena 3v3
    - Titan Ruins unranked, ranked
    - Mini Games
    - Defense line

That is 10 queues. Very few games can work as both pve and pvp.

PvPers / moba players did not like titan ruins because it was not competitive. The superweapon titans and mobs disrupted the flow of matches way to much.

PvE was actually pretty good but queuing the same random dungeons gets old.

Add in the patch that massively increased master prices and the population divebombed. This was a cash grab.  
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited November 2017
    I didn't see that one coming.
    I haven't played in a while but I have been logging in every day for those legendary upgrade rewards in case I wanted to play again later.

PS: The COH people celebrating this - you are pathetic.
    This will do nothing to NC at all it only means that another game that some people loved will die.
    The same fate you suffered before and you cheer for this.
    Shame on you!
    AeanderIceAge
    Harbinger of Fools
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited November 2017
    IceAge said:
    BruceYee said:

IceAge said:

So much hate on a normal decision and a business ( after all ) decision. Why ? Even you, mmorpg.com , you are a business. You can't .. "feed" your workers with "love". You first need to make ( and not lose ) money , in order to do what you love ( at this scale ).

Adding that line in your op title, is clearly a bait, in order to get visitors to read your article , which leads in the end, at making revenues . Failing to get revenues, will eventually , make your .. boss come to you and say "shut that piece of shit down" .

So whats wrong with you people ? At least they tried. This was only released in EU/NA ( no Korea release ) , so they wanted to make something different. Sure, they failed, but hey! They surely did bring something new ( and good from my point of view ) , the WASD + that mouse aim , to the table , in a saturated MOBA market.

I also see the hate on Wildstar , and WHY is not closed down. Why why! Why the fuck you want to see a game shutting down? You cry here being MXM is shutting down, yet .. you are asking "why Wildstar isn't shutting down" . Amazing ..

Carbine Studios , as far as I remember, are making a new game . So there you have it. The reason WHY is not closed down ...

This game came out 6 months ago(?) Charged $100 for founder packs which they aren't refunding nor are they refunding purchases for credits made around launch. That decision alone justifies any hate headed their way and is well deserved imo. Even EA yes you read that right Electronic Arts gave refunds for ALL purchases made before their moba Dawngate closed.
    Well , no! That decision does not justifies anything. I didn't read anything about that 100$ in this thread, until you did. It's just..people hating, that's all !

Oh and about the $100 for founder packs. Well .. you had 6 months + early access and stuff , of entertainment. So stop crying.

But , they do offer refunds 

Refunds in full on purchases made between Aug. 30 and Nov. 16. This will happen automatically within the next 7-14 days, and will be refunded via the same method the purchase was made, if possible.

So is fine. 

I wonder however , if the game closed down say .. 1 year from now , did you still cry for that 100$ ? What if game closed in .. 3 years? 7 years? Is your own business how you spend your money. Same when you "lose it" .

The game released on
    21 June 2017 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_X_Master
    and they decided to give refunds for purchases made from 30 Aug 2017 which is over a month after the game launched. Most of the people who spent money along with those founder packs most likely did during that first month similar to other games when they come out. Do you think it isn't shady behavior to set the refund date so far after launch so they can keep most of the money for purchases made in the game?

The game was also plagued with issues since day 1 that were suspiciously never resolved and instead of fixing what needed to be fixed they decided to cut and run with most of the money they made.

It is also worth noting that MXM was only beta tested in S. Korea before launching and closing in EU & NA but is rumored to be launching in S. Korea next year...

Post edited by BruceYee on
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    The COH/COV community will also happily help to downvote, negatively review and smear anything that uses the COX IP that is not COH. NCSoft asked for it. That IP is now poison until they sell it to someone else.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This was a good game. I had fun with it every time I played it. 
    Blaze_Rocker
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Not even gonna lie, I didn't even realize MxM *was* a released game until I read this article. From the looks of it, it was NCSoft's version of HotS?

If it *was* a MOBA/Hero Arena game, I'm really surprised it didn't do better. /s
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kabulozo said:
    All MXM offered was a half-assed dungeon crawler pve and a half-assed MOBA pvp, in short it was shallow in both aspects.

Why would someone play a half-assed dungeon crawler if we already have Path of Exile which is the best dungeon crawler out there, unparalleled when it comes to its pve difficulty and character building possibilities?
    Why would someone play a half-assed MOBA if there are LoL and Dota 2 which offer much deeper and more competitive mechanics?

I believe if they had made this game for mobile it would have done much better. Mobile players like half assed gaming on the go.
    Pretty well said ,nothing i can add except,yeah mobile gamer's really seem to love crap gaming.

There is a market to follow anyhow,Dota2 and LOL already have all the Asian players and LOL has all the rest ++,there really is no market left for any more of these moba games unless they can start offering up loads of money to so called "pro players...lmao" which seems to be the sole reason driving this market.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Not even gonna lie, I didn't even realize MxM *was* a released game until I read this article. From the looks of it, it was NCSoft's version of HotS?

If it *was* a MOBA/Hero Arena game, I'm really surprised it didn't do better. /s
    It's all about exposure and popularity.
    Blizzard hosted international championships with actual money prizes while at the same time raising the fame of HotS streamers.

NC did nothing even remotely.
    I remember there was one stream about changes in an upcoming patch.
    No more streams after that - the next news after that was about the game getting closed.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Which means Wildstar is not long for this world.  Unfortunate, they had something great and never recovered from the launch.