Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expect a large WoW community

2»

Comments

• MolleMolle Member Posts: 9

Sure some kids will always play, but it aint about "some" its about the majority.

• niteynitey Member Posts: 5

Really looking forward to this now.
    I've played WoW for SOME time now and got a 60 Warrior and some low lvl alts. So I left the community of kids and imature players to start playing DDO and AOC when it arrives. So please don't tell every WoW player you know about how great AOC is, because when the word hit the streets it spread fast...and we will have all the shitkids running around in our new playground. :)

• CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Wepps

The players of a game of this nature often come from others MMOs these days

ofcourse they do,aint so strange.lol
  • HyborianHeroHyborianHero Member Posts: 33
    I am convinced short term this game will do alright. Long term look for it in the bargin bin or like AO online, free.
  • DaBearmanDaBearman Member Posts: 52

Ya, they seem to be gearing the game to attract the players that annoy the hell out of most regular gamers. 1337 PvPers and roleplayers. lol

File this one under N for niche.

• tropiktropik Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Don't know about the US servers, but most of the people were quite mature on the EU servers.

• HyborianHeroHyborianHero Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by DaBearman

Ya, they seem to be gearing the game to attract the players that annoy the hell out of most regular gamers. 1337 PvPers and roleplayers. lol
    File this one under N for niche.

I have followed it and that is exactly what they are doing, taking parts from this and that game to try and make the uberest game out there.

And in the process they are dragging the Conan name down with them as none of what they have set up is compatabile with Conan outside of the names.

They destroyed this game before it even had a chance. They must have morons making it.

No doubt Smedley and SOE are cheering them on.

• cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Please don't. I don't want those immature kids who plays WoW to come here and ruin another game.
  • yellowdeathyellowdeath Member Posts: 9

oh god , AO community+WoW community= 2x the ranting about chuck norris

• XeniusXenius Member Posts: 25
    The community will pretty much be what u make of it.. you join a guild of ppl that you like and build a player city with them. if its a nice guild with nice ppl you will get a good community. dunno why so many ppl are worried about the bad ppl out there.. im just looking forward to a great game :) hopefully it will become all they say it will be.  

Fish of tommorow

• ::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154

If the community is adult or mature... it will be that much better. When i play wow and a gnome is acting really immature, i can take that...its a gnome. If im playing conan and a huge guy with a huge sword is ranting about needing money so i should give it to him..its going to piss me off.

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

LOVE: virtual world where i don't know what's gonna happen. The suspense that comes from looking over my shoulder because some virtual assassin could jump me. Given this, i'm willing to play the assassin to create such a virtual world.
    HATE: grinding some instance to get some virtual polygons to wear and show off to others. Going through some virtual dungeon where the same kind of mobs always appear at the same locations and i kill them the same way over and over, ad nauseum.
    LOVE: giving stuff away and helping others to make friends. joking around with said-friends... chatting it up etc.
    HATE: carebears and babies who cry and whine when i kill them in the middle of the nowhere for no reason.

And i turn 43 next week? Am i just an immature 40+ year old? lol ... maybe so...  Or maybe i want to be part of a virtual community that is wild, unpredictable, and chaotic? Since I can't kill this whining real customer, i can grief some virtual toon instead?

The term 'community' can have lots of different meanings... I disliked wow's child-like community myself, but that doesn't mean that i want to play in an old-folks home either.