Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best ninja game - any genre

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
edited December 2017 in General Gaming
 Looking for nice atmosphere and art - stealth options, fun combat, etc.

Games I've seen, that look fun - Shadow Warrior, Shadow Tactics, even Warframe can count.

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Shadow Tactics is great.
    Any of the Assassin's Creed games.
    Mini Ninjas
    Dishonored series.
    Aragami
    Naruto series
    MrMelGibson
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Any Splinter Cell games.  
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Tenchu
    MrMelGibsonatonicoLimnicPhaserlightrojoArcueid
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    either assassin's creed chronicles: china or mark of the ninja, incase you like sidescrollers.
    if you want it first person, there is ofc only one answer to that: shadow warrior (2).

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Ninja gaiden, all of them except number 3.

Balls to the wall ninja action.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerusPhaserlight
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    When I played ninja in ffxiv I also made the hand seals at home :pensive:

d_20

• ViterzgirViterzgir Member UncommonPosts: 19
    + for BDO. Gameplay is awesome, specially after Awakening.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2017
    FFXI :3 love the nin job

https://j.gifs.com/Q0AMX9.gif
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2017
    doble post
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Shadow Warrior is more like Borderlands to be honest. It's Ninja/Samurai 'themed' but I wouldn't say it's a Ninja game. It might be what you are looking for though.

My favourite Ninja/Stealth games are the Metal Gear games, Assassin's Creed games, Thief games, Dishonoured games, Styx games, Mark of the Ninja, Aragami and Seven (that Scorchien just mentioned).

For MMOs, I'd look at Blade & Soul and Revelation Online.

ESO has a lot of stealth gameplay, especially in the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood content. You could roleplay as a Ninja but it probably hasn't got the art style you want. The Ninja style gameplay is definitely there though.

BDO has good Ninja combat, but not really any stealth gameplay, plus people either love or hate the game in general.
    Xasapis
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

BDO has good Ninja combat, but not really any stealth gameplay, plus people either love or hate the game in general.
    You can stealth and gank ppl in BDO, you also have stealth openers in sieges/nodewars where the ninjas attack from the back and cc before the gvg engage. In KR they also got the 2nd awakening where ninjas can dash iframe in stealth for quicker movement, so the gameplay is def there. 

I also wanna put emphasis on BDO and ninja, the gameplay is just pure epic, and not just the gameplay, the world is true open with very little loading screen.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
           And im not feelin the BDO , played to lvl 53 , fighting red and purple mobs the entire time .. never died once , There is no challenge there , spam-game with far to easy PVE ...
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited December 2017
    Mark of the Ninja. 75% sale at present.

Any Splinter Cell games.  
    If you had to pick any Chaos Theory would be the best choice.
    d_20

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Tenchu is the first game that comes to mind. Second is Shadow Tactics: Blades of the shogun.
    d_20
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I loved the first Tenchu, but it's been almost 20 years since then and I'm sure it feels/looks dated. I'll vouch for Mark of the Ninja being awesome, though. It's a 2D stealth/action from Klei and should be pretty darn cheap now. 
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Tenchu Z was amazing for 360. So it has my vote.

MurderHerd

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Surprised i would say FFXI?

Any others..nope,least none i would given even a passing grade to ,i found FFXIV dumbed down and ruined everything FFXI started,instead they should have improved it but managed to ruin it.Guess that is why i loved FFXI more than JUST A CLASS,tons of great classes had fun playing all of them.
    Lokero

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    DMKano said:
    Nacario said:

You can stealth and gank ppl in BDO, you also have stealth openers in sieges/nodewars where the ninjas attack from the back and cc before the gvg engage. In KR they also got the 2nd awakening where ninjas can dash iframe in stealth for quicker movement, so the gameplay is def there. 

I also wanna put emphasis on BDO and ninja, the gameplay is just pure epic, and not just the gameplay, the world is true open with very little loading screen.

Correct, Ninja and Kuno are the most difficult classes to play well in PvP because they require both gear AND highly skilled gameplay. And stealth is important
    they are difficult because they, to put it bluntly, suck.
    ninja, especially, is the gimpiest class in the game after musa. they are completly outdated in a world of perma superarmor and/or hyper mobility, ninjas and musas are just the laughing stock of bdo. the lack of understanding of what makes these two classes terrible in pvp from the dev team is mindboggling (they keep buffing damage/life on hit when it's the least of ninja's problem) and that's why i gave up on my ninja.

and everyone will tell you the usual urban myth that ninja are good at 1v1 ! yeah and so are most of the other classes. the problem is that ninja is only good at 1v1 which is something that almost never happens in bdo outside of arena. they are good at 1v1 because it's the only place where you can circumvent the total absence of reliable super armor.

and to get back on track with the topic : mark of the ninja. it's an action sidescroller infiltration game and it's pretty damn good !
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited January 2018
    I prefer Aragami, on Steam.  I love the art style!
    d_20

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    ULTIMA ONLINE, now the new legends of aria, WHICH WILL BE AWESOME
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    BDO kunoichi.  I have never purchased a costume in a cash shop until I played the Kunoichi.  She was very fun to play, one of the most fun classes I have ever played in an MMO.

Image result for black desert online kunoichi outfits
    TheScavengerMrMelGibson
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Talonsin said:
    BDO kunoichi.  I have never purchased a costume in a cash shop until I played the Kunoichi.  She was very fun to play, one of the most fun classes I have ever played in an MMO.

Image result for black desert online kunoichi outfits
    And your artifact weapon is a freakin' hoolahoop. What MMO can you say has a killer hoolahoop as a weapon? :D 

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Mark of the Ninja is one of my favourites.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/214560/Mark_of_the_Ninja/
    d_20
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Nioh if you dare;)
    sumdumguy1rojoArcueid