Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call of Duty Swatting leads to death of a innocent man in Kansas

123457»

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Man, people who participate in the swatting shit are just scum. The dude who made the call is clearly fucked in the head and needs to be put away for a long time, and if what Suzie posted as his response on twitter being "I didn’t get anyone killed because I didn’t discharge a weapon and being a SWAT member isn’t my profession", then he's also not very bright. It's bad enough he was wasting all these people's time, money, etc. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2017
    Yeah I read about this what is worse is anyone who actually does swatting can just use a burner phone from a public location when they call it in without cameras, and my concern is if someone is smart enough to do this and someone actually dies like this incident, I do not believe the NSA would actually get involved to match a person's voice, the only thing that would help is releasing the 911 call public assuming the person doesn't use any voice modification software and hope someone could identify them?

And sure swatting is bad, but also the police who shot a guy because they thought he was armed, on his own property? It's amazing how Law Enforcement can get away with a defense in this, but if I shoot someone breaking in who is still outside or someone committing a theft on my property because I think they are armed and reaching for a gun I can go to prison for it even if they are committing theft and trespassing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGsCTpqmMk

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited December 2017
    tawess said:
    Thanks again Millennials for yet again proving your generation will be the one to sink this world into total moronic chaos. 

Last i checked... Donald Trump was in fact not a millennial... Even if his attitude and twitter habits could fool you in to thinking that he was born around the shift of the millennium. 

And he is doing a much better job at it then the ME generation... Just saying. 
    Correction, Baby-Boomers and their late in life semi-hellish off-spring, the millennials xD

Us Gen-Xr's are the forgotten generation and are apparently outnumbered by both of the ME TOO generations lol. Both my wife and I have parents that are boomers, and siblings who are younger millennials and trust me, there is a difference in the generations.

Either way this is just a sad sign of the times unfortunately were causing others pain and misfortune is somehow funny and meme worthy. 

forcelima
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited December 2017
    tawess said:
     We were already too busy dealing with real problems and then low and behold you little scrunt heels were born... Just saying 

I see . . . but when the millenials were being born, who was running the world and raising them? The prior two generations, correct. So why blame kids when you should really blame the people that essentially created the world that the kids live in. (i.e. the prior two generations). 

Honestly, I actually think the world has been just as horrible and crappy from the beginning of time, the only difference is we can now see a lot more than we could in the past. Social media, video, pictures basically highlight all the crap that was going on before.

The 24 hour news cycle, video, pictures and the ability to stream live TV means that the horrible incidents going on in thousands of places in the world right now, a small fraction of them we will see instead of basically zero. All the shit we see now has been going on forever, they will still go on, and they will always go on. Humans don't change. It's just we see them more, and that gives us the impression things are worse when in reality they've always been that way, we just see them more. 

my 2 cents. 

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    SBFord said:
    @ohgodtherats707 Knock it off please. Personal attacks will only result in a ban. Let's stick to the topic at hand please.

To everyone: Knock off the politics too please. You know the rules. This one skates pretty close to the edge, but let's keep it on the non-political side.

Thanks.

Sorry Yeah I did get personal cause YOUR web site post  rubbed me the wrong way However at NO point did I talk anything about politics so we will just both stop there. 
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited December 2017
    Unacceptable.  Public safety is at risk for every moment he is on the streets.  Several felonies for false police reports and bombing threats before this?  And when fearful that he'd be caught, all he had to say is that "I didn't pull the trigger" and not "I didn't make the phone call."

So many victims in this case.  The man that died, the two and seven year old now being without a father and their families and friends.  Not to mention the police officer that took an innocent victim's life and how he has to deal with that for the rest of his own.  There may have been some lack of discipline when it came to the police in this case, but it's not like the officer woke up this morning and wanted to be informed of a false hostage situation just so he could kill someone.  I expect a full investigation and paid suspension of the one who fired the weapon, as well as potential murder charges being brought against the man that swatted them.  The officer's likely going to need some therapy and the survived will need some help as the burden of having one less parent making income is there.

Even if they can't convict him, make sure he goes to anger management, has a psychiatric evaluation (likely insane since he's made bomb threats before) and maybe get a nice white jacket and a free room for the sake of public safety when that inevitably confirms his mental state.

I have some friends were are certifiably insane and get government checks or need animal therapy since they can't work due to that.  But even they wouldn't do something so screwed up -- or be so stupid as to believe someone would give you their address.  In fact, my friends are probably the nicest and most loyal people I know, whether they're on their meds or not.  Even if they get a bit paranoid when not.  In no situation would they ever try to impede on another's life and cause additional problems for them.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
This discussion has been closed.