Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too late to get started?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
Bought the game after release, never played much, its now about 5 years later, is it too late to get started?

How is the population atm?  also any perks for buying the game since its now F2P ?

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well, the game still has active players, I still log in from time to time, it's an okay game you could just log in and give it a try to see for yourself.

But what turns me away from the game is the lack of features being added such as.

. No player housing
    . No Unique Customization for a flat monthly fee like (Black Desert)
    . No world boss timers (in Game on map / UI)

Besides this, if you play just for the story, or perhaps for the World VS World you might like the game, but because of lacking content/features as described above I haven't really been able to get into it myself.

Guild Wars 2 could have been something so much more I still love Guild Wars 1, given the year it was made it is still better than GW2 IMO, and perhaps this is something Ashes OF Creation will change.
  • BroooklynBroooklyn Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Yup. Too late.
    DarbiiRueTruvidien88
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I play nearly everyday and it's not too late.  Plenty of players around.  I think perks depend on the type of package you bought and they always come out with new things.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited December 2017
    Bought the game after release, never played much, its now about 5 years later, is it too late to get started?

How is the population atm?  also any perks for buying the game since its now F2P ?
    O hell no, Im actually in the same boat as you, bought the game at launch and just returned a month or  two ago, Decided to reroll to learn the game again. Graphics still look great and there is ALOT of people playing, even in the low lvl zones. Its a really fun MMO, Im playing it very casually ATM and it works well
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    its never late to start any online game that has a healthy population.

If someone who doesn't play X game tells you it's too late to start and you believe him, then you shouldn't be playing video games.
    GeezerGamer

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    best thing about the game is that it's pretty much designed for you to come and go as you please.
    unlike most mmo's.
    rojoArcueid

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    edited December 2017
    I also played gw 2 for few weeks ago..it was ok with players around the maps..but i got bored of the quest line since you do these " events " quest mostly and progress to next areas and do these events quest there..then there are these jump puzzle quest...some are easy and other hard asf.

The jump puzzle is a great thing with this game..otherwise it got boring..the crafting makes no sence and the dungeons system is basicly not there..worst dungeon game..its all about events....ur next to do list will be events :D

It should be called Events Wars 2

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I returned a couple of months back and have been impressed with the population, all starter zones and original content has people in it. I've been loving the mounts from PoF, worth buying both PoF and HoT together (cheaper). Mounts make the original content so much more fun and I've been having a hoot with the meta events in HoT, though be prepared for initial frustration, terrible design, until you unlock masteries.  Living World season 3  was worth buying for the zones, which again are always busy . It's not going to cost you anything to jump back in to the original content, give it a go.
    MrMelGibsonjoeyboots

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    GW2 is a very solo friendly game, so it's never too late to just hop in and play. It does not have a traditional gear grind, so, getting max gear and max level, is pretty easy.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I started two months ago. Enjoying it quite a bit.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I just went back recently.  
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    This game went downhill since HoT, maybe it is.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited January 2018
    its never late to start any online game that has a healthy population.

If someone who doesn't play X game tells you it's too late to start and you believe him, then you shouldn't be playing video games.
    Normally, I wouldn't agree with this statement as historically, many MMORPGs become driven by it's veteran population making it difficult for new players to jump in.

But not so with GW2. If I weren't playing FFXIV right now, I'd probably do the same thing here and roll a fresh character and start anew.

The best piece of advice you can get on this game, is to join an active guild and participate.
  • serpierreserpierre Member CommonPosts: 2
    just wondering, is GW 2 same as Diablo 3? not the gameplay, tho. Like once you buy it, there wont be any further in-game purchases? I'm planning to play the game, but I don't want to spend much, I just like to grind and farm gears and all.