Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call of Duty Swatting leads to death of a innocent man in Kansas

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    waynejr2 said:
    Police are not very good at their job.  Too trigger happy not enough use of the brains........
    My point in a nutshell. Nobody calls 911 for this incompetence. American police are ill-trained, scarey, and can't tell the difference between a PS4 controller and a handgun. They think a knife at 10-15ft requires lethal force because a person "didn't put it down". They think a deaf person is suspicious and making gang gestures. They don't believe they are public servants and that their compliance requests are mortally absolute. Then after all that, when in the wrong... BLUE WALL. Badge over everything. Sounds eerily close to street gangs.

Here's some libertard cuck media propaganda to add. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bartoni33
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited December 2017
    Horusra said:
    Horusra said:
    The sheer idiocy in this thread is astounding.  The media propaganda you guys taken in and believe would make Goebbels drunk with merriment.  
    How utterly ironic.

In a thread spouting the police are out killing unarmed people in hugh numbers unjustly...yes.  Idiocy.  Spurred on by media trying to get eyes on articles with no facts.  The facts are that out of 976 police shootings in 2017 only 68 were unarmed.  As to the comment about shooting a knife wielding family member...yeah they get shot if they do not put it down and approach the officers.  Officers are not paid to die for your idiot family members when they threaten people.  

As to your gun control.  The US made a decision to have guns a long time ago.  You hate it then go change the Constitution and stop trying to make an end run through legislation.  

I love how you throw out random numbers to try to make your narrative work and appear smarter but actually it causes the opposite its amazing. You should get a job with all that half truth talent!

Since you want to prove how smart you are by using google AND numbers (gee you're smart!) Let me follow your lead.. OH LOOK first result is Washington post?? NO WAY..  Oh did you only look at unarmed and not the rest? Okay let me try!

I made sure to add all unknown, toys, other, unarmed  into one group since they are the same. (Cant help it i'm a tank) It clearly says deadly weapon or armed in these charts but For some reason the police felt the need to put unknown, toys, other and unarmed as separate things instead of just saying unarmed or no threat.. but I digress.

In 2017 879 killings were not caught on body cam. 97 were. 
    (Strange.. Its almost like lack of proof means public has to accept what they say as truth.. but lets play ball with what they gave us.)

In 2015 1146 people died to police shootings. 219 unarmed
    In 2016 1093 people died to police shootings. 273 unarmed
    In 2017   976 people died to police shootings. 249 unarmed
    741 unarmed/no threat killings in 3 years

This is far far too many,but do some math. 3215 people dead to police shooting since 2015..741 unarmed..dude that's 23-25% unarmed. You couldn't fit those bodies in your house. 

So Based on the data from these sites about 23% of people are unarmed. According to police data they made public.  So for sake of fair argument and the police maybe lying about data lets say its 20%. 

20% of 3215 = 643

In 3 years that's almost 650 unarmed people in America who posed no threat, dead to police gun fire. That's too many. How many lives would it take before the government starts changing how they hire? 2000? 

source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

Food for thought big guy

edit: said same thing twice.
    Post edited by klash2def on
    bartoni33
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    waynejr2 said:
    Police are not very good at their job.  Too trigger happy not enough use of the brains........
    My point in a nutshell. Nobody calls 911 for this incompetence. American police are ill-trained, scarey, and can't tell the difference between a PS4 controller and a handgun. They think a knife at 10-15ft requires lethal force because a person "didn't put it down". They think a deaf person is suspicious and making gang gestures. They don't believe they are public servants and that their compliance requests are mortally absolute. Then after all that, when in the wrong... BLUE WALL. Badge over everything. Sounds eerily close to street gangs.

Here's some libertard cuck media propaganda to add. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to post here something I posted to another sites forums (hope it's OK):

"We need to stop hiring pussies for officers! FFS they were across the street from him. Shall you quit being a scared POS and wait to actually see if he had a weapon from the safety of your cruisers? Or are you gonna blast a guy with Cerebral Palsy the next time too? Between this and the manchild that shot that guy lying on the floor in that hotel I can honestly say that we need to screen our cops like we do any Special Forces we have. Screw the Pigs. Honestly. If you aren't willing to get shot at then don't become a cop. Easy as that. No excuses for this at all. The threat assessment training is sorely lacking it seems. Where was the threat in this instance? A guy facing away from the people you were supposed to be protecting as a cop (i.e. standing with your back to the front door outside of the house full of people you were threatening to kill) is no threat to anyone, especially the innocent people you are tasked to protect. Were the cops in harms way? Hard to tell with them cowering behind their vehicles. I'm sure the poor sod about to be executed on his own GD porch couldn't tell with the lights being shined in his eyes.

People support this kind of BS because Muh Securty! Some great person in our history mentioned something about this kind of tradeoff between freedom (to not get capped on your porch by a trigger-happy coward wearing a badge) and security (to bow down and thank our men in blue for not killing us because we didn't startle him by picking your nose).

/rant off"

I posted that as soon as I saw the bodycam video of the murder. Yes I was very pissed.
    klash2def[Deleted User]RexKushman

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    There is a vast difference between soldiers, and police. Soldiers kill people, and break things. Police (in the old days known as Peace Officers...) are there to maintain the peace, and deescalate situations before they get out of control.

When you mix the two roles, BAD things happen, as we've seen countless examples of over the years.

bartoni33klash2def[Deleted User]
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Torval said:
    Tiller said:
    Sad part is, none of the kids these days will give an F regardless of this situation; and may even laugh about it. I hate to say it but maybe game companies should start using AI and voice logging to weed these threats. Sounds 1984ish, but we have stupid rules because of stupid people.
    Interesting point. In all the classes and conversations I've had about 1984 I don't think the discussion has ever talked about what led to that sort of state. There is an assumption that people in charge want to use fear and oppression to live large and powerful, but not so much why they need to do so.

What I think is that people will get fed up with lawlessness and accept more draconian intrusions to ensure better public safety. Some of those nefarious things sci-fi authors warned about in the fifties and sixties are coming to pass - genetic identification, profiling, mass embedded identification, and so on. The irony is, the thing they got wrong, is that we'll ask for and welcome it instead of it being foisted on us.
    United States Department of Homeland Security comes to mind.
    [Deleted User]
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    Well, they arrested the punk.  Considering that his past transgressions have already shown him to be nothing but a danger to innocent people and a burden on society, here's hoping he gets a nice long prison sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/29/wichita-man-killed-by-police-after-false-hostage-report-was-murdered-mother-swatting

Truthfully he seems like such irredeemable idiotic trash that it'd probably be more resource efficient to just throw him off a cliff or something but eh.
    bartoni33
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Tiamat64 said:
    Well, they arrested the punk.  Considering that his past transgressions have already shown him to be nothing but a danger to innocent people and a burden on society, here's hoping he gets a nice long prison sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/29/wichita-man-killed-by-police-after-false-hostage-report-was-murdered-mother-swatting

Truthfully he seems like such irredeemable idiotic trash that it'd probably be more resource efficient to just throw him off a cliff or something but eh.
    Looks like he has done this type of stuff before.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Gaming-firm-helping-police-in-Kansas-shooting-467186083.html

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) A spokeswoman says a company that runs online gaming tournaments is assisting authorities as they investigate the fatal shooting by a police officer of a Kansas man.

UMG Gaming operates online gaming tournaments, including one for the Call of Duty game.

UMG Vice President Shannon Gerritzen said in an email that the company is "doing everything we can to assist the authorities."

Authorities are investigating whether the shooting of 28-year-old Andrew Finch in Wichita stemmed from someone making up a false report to get a SWAT team to descend upon a home. The practice known as "swatting" is more common among online gamers.

Police have said they were called to Finch's home Thursday by a false report of a homicide and hostage situation and an officer shot him.

MadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    I dont worry about guns. I worry more on the Police and the Justice System. They are both so corrupted!! What bother me even more, everyone knows it and dont do shit to stop it(Corruption). Tragic all the way around..
    bartoni33

I retired retroactively..Haha

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Sorry Call of Duty. With people like this I want nothing to do with your game. 
    Do you REALLY believe behavior like this is isolated to Call of Duty? Like IRL you believe this? Or are you RP'ing?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2017
    Do you REALLY believe behavior like this is isolated to Call of Duty? Like IRL you believe this? Or are you RP'ing?
    Its not JUST Call of Duty. But most of the swatting stories I read about as far as online games go involve Call of Duty.

A simple google search "Call of Duty Swatting" reveals LOTS of stories about it

https://www.google.com/search?q=call+of+duty+swatting&oq=call+of+duty+swatting&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61j69i60j0.2335j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

As I said, violent games make the problem worse. But something about Call of Duty seems to effect "some" people worse than it does in games like Battlefield or even Planetside. Though pretty sure there was a swatting incident or two I saw with battlefield, so again not just Call of Duty. But the stories that come out seem focused on CoD for some reason as far as swatting goes.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    waynejr2 said:
    Unless you have been in law enforcement, you might want to rethink your statement. Officers normally have a split second to determine if someone is a threat or not. It is not as cut and dried as so many think. If you ever have a chance, go to the local police department and have them run you through their threat program. You will come out with a greater appreciation of just how quickly the police have to make that life and death choice.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    What is swatting?
    --------------------------------------------
    edited December 2017
    Gruug said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Unless you have been in law enforcement, you might want to rethink your statement. Officers normally have a split second to determine if someone is a threat or not. It is not as cut and dried as so many think. If you ever have a chance, go to the local police department and have them run you through their threat program. You will come out with a greater appreciation of just how quickly the police have to make that life and death choice.

Yeah, I'd rather the marines/army come to my door in full gear before a US officer. In the US they're ill-trained. Say what you want.
    bartoni33RexKushman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    edited December 2017
    Thanks again Millennials for yet again proving your generation will be the one to sink this world into total moronic chaos. This is why I don't recycle or buy into that whole "The children are the future."  In the words of Ray Patterson " You know I'm not much on speech's but It's so gratifying to leave you all wallowing in the mess you've made, your screwed thank you bye."

Viper482JeffSpicoliforcelimaSBFord
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Thanks again Millennials for yet again proving your generation will be the one to sink this world into total moronic chaos. 

Last i checked... Donald Trump was in fact not a millennial... Even if his attitude and twitter habits could fool you in to thinking that he was born around the shift of the millennium. 

And he is doing a much better job at it then the ME generation... Just saying. 
    Viper482TheScavengerohgodtherats707AllerleirauhDakeru

This have been a good conversation

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    tawess said:
    Thanks again Millennials for yet again proving your generation will be the one to sink this world into total moronic chaos. 

Last i checked... Donald Trump was in fact not a millennial... Even if his attitude and twitter habits could fool you in to thinking that he was born around the shift of the millennium. 

Wtf did I just read?
    JeffSpicoliAllerleirauh
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Police in the US are so inept and ill-trained common people can troll them into potentially killing other people.

Think real hard about that.

Citizens are so ignorant they don't understand what it means to have a thankless job where you don't know if you will be coming back home every day you leave for work.
    I think he's saying don't blame moronic chaos on millennials because the POTUS is a certified moron and he's 70+.
    ohgodtherats707TheScavengerAllerleirauhbartoni33Asm0deusRexKushman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited December 2017
    I think he's saying don't blame moronic chaos on millennials because the POTUS is a certified moron and he's 70+.

Exactly why I said wtf.....how does Trump get blamed for millennial idiocy? Dude is right, this newer generation is taking moron to a new level.
    HermodAllerleirauh
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited December 2017
    It's called operational tempo and sometimes shit happens btw the amount of people the police kill every year in the u.s. is a fraction of a percent (0.00031% roughly)of the population. Stop making mountain out of mole hills. We live in an age of paramilitary forces we call police, it's is in direct response to black market organizations that were created by the "war on drugs" and now financed by the "war on terror" federal dollars and equipment.
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    tawess said:

crude attempt at a deflection. No I'm talking about things like swatting, trolling, Running up behind some poor guy and punching him while your friend streams it to youtube. just to name a few. We were already too busy dealing with real problems and then low and behold you little scrunt heels were born... Just saying
    forcelima
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @ohgodtherats707 Knock it off please. Personal attacks will only result in a ban. Let's stick to the topic at hand please.

To everyone: Knock off the politics too please. You know the rules. This one skates pretty close to the edge, but let's keep it on the non-political side.

Thanks.
    SirAgravaine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Viper482 said:

Exactly why I said wtf.....how does Trump get blamed for millennial idiocy? Dude is right, this newer generation is taking moron to a new level.

You misunderstood the post. Trump isn't getting blamed for millenial idiocy. The original poster is using one of the most powerful people in the world, who (by the poster's opinion) is a tool, as an exception to the prior poster's comment that millenials are the cause of America going downhill. 

Put another way, why blame America's downfall on millenials when a 70+ yo man is a clown (per original poster's claim) and also happens to be the POTUS. 

Viper, you missed the point, reading comprehension fail. 

Cryomatrix

Asm0deus
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
This discussion has been closed.